.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
artpunk
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:51 am
Location: The Antipodes
Contact:

Re: Bullying

Post by artpunk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 am

d.reamonn wrote:Bullying is fun. I don't get this thread.
I wouldn't expect anyone who resorts to calling people who disagrees with them 'retards' to 'get' why bullying is toxic. Bullying is not even remotely funny, so if you are trying to be, you've failed.

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Bullying

Post by d.reamonn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 am

When someone disagrees with me AND has half a jellybean to back up his position, I welcome the learning opportunity. If, on the other hand, someone disagrees with me because his civilisation has yet to discover the secret of the Malteser, then then I will call him a retard; if possible to his face, and in front of his RealDoll.

Seriously, it's not that complicated—all it is is a "roughly spherical malt honeycomb centre, surrounded by milk chocolate. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltesers)

Image

footsy wrote:Teach kids how to deal with bullying, not telling them not to bully. My 2 cents......
Exactly. Punch a bully in the nuts and he'll have a bad five minutes; teach every boy, girl and funken to grind that bully's nuts into a smooth paste, and you're looking at a very different picture.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Bullying

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 am

There's a saying that's partially true about insanity, that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I went to a pretty rough middle school, mostly rednecks with shitty home lives and anger issues. Fighting back did help, and not trying to engage the damaged pricks helped as well.
The kid who was most brutally treated was the Jehovahs Witness, absolutely no social skills and this sad pathetic desire to get people to like him. Jehovahs Witness's have a martyr complex, they need to be victims to show their devotion and gain their place in heaven. I don't know why other people need to be martyrs or why people seem to get off on that position in general? Getting beaten up doesn't give people a victim complex, anybody can lose a fight.

I said all that to point out a real victim. I don't think you're a real victim funken, I think you have a victim complex to a degree. Sorry if that's harsh, but I've been 100% clear for as long as we've interacted as to why you rub people the wrong way, and you absolutely completely ignore it. You simply refuse to talk about it and attempt to paint it as an ad hominum attack instead of an attempt at getting you to understand why people on this forum "gang up" on you.
It's simple really, anytime you disagree with an opponent you go into "teacher" mode. You're not asking them to think about your point of view or a study that you agree with etc. you're ignoring or belittling their opinion or perspective and not at all subtly trying to "educate" them. In fact in general in your interactions you're always trying to be in a position of authority.

^^^ That rubs many people the wrong way, especially creative types. Great for writing up a tutorial, godawful for making people feel like their opinions matter.

It reminds me of the nerd kids in high school, I though at first that they might be OK, until I realized they used their knowledge on the subject at hand in exactly the same way that jocks used their muscles to vie for position in their little jock world. Sad little attempts to be top nerd. Seriously, I've been sober almost 15 years, you ignored or belittled anything I contributed to your sobriety thread, you've argued with stringtapper about music theory when he's a teacher on the subject, you ignored people who had studied evolution in universities in a thread about that..... but yeah, everyone else is being a bully.

cotdagoo
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: Bullying

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Machinesworking wrote:There's a saying that's partially true about insanity, that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I went to a pretty rough middle school, mostly rednecks with shitty home lives and anger issues. Fighting back did help, and not trying to engage the damaged pricks helped as well.
The kid who was most brutally treated was the Jehovahs Witness, absolutely no social skills and this sad pathetic desire to get people to like him. Jehovahs Witness's have a martyr complex, they need to be victims to show their devotion and gain their place in heaven. I don't know why other people need to be martyrs or why people seem to get off on that position in general? Getting beaten up doesn't give people a victim complex, anybody can lose a fight.

I said all that to point out a real victim. I don't think you're a real victim funken, I think you have a victim complex to a degree. Sorry if that's harsh, but I've been 100% clear for as long as we've interacted as to why you rub people the wrong way, and you absolutely completely ignore it. You simply refuse to talk about it and attempt to paint it as an ad hominum attack instead of an attempt at getting you to understand why people on this forum "gang up" on you.
It's simple really, anytime you disagree with an opponent you go into "teacher" mode. You're not asking them to think about your point of view or a study that you agree with etc. you're ignoring or belittling their opinion or perspective and not at all subtly trying to "educate" them. In fact in general in your interactions you're always trying to be in a position of authority.

^^^ That rubs many people the wrong way, especially creative types. Great for writing up a tutorial, godawful for making people feel like their opinions matter.

It reminds me of the nerd kids in high school, I though at first that they might be OK, until I realized they used their knowledge on the subject at hand in exactly the same way that jocks used their muscles to vie for position in their little jock world. Sad little attempts to be top nerd. Seriously, I've been sober almost 15 years, you ignored or belittled anything I contributed to your sobriety thread, you've argued with stringtapper about music theory when he's a teacher on the subject, you ignored people who had studied evolution in universities in a thread about that..... but yeah, everyone else is being a bully.
post ignored




:wink:

docprosper
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

Re: Bullying

Post by docprosper » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:50 pm

simmerdown wrote:putz
god I love this word :)
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Bullying

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:04 pm

It's Yiddish.
Unsound Designer

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Bullying

Post by simmerdown » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm

haha, it's yiddish for dick/idiot...which you prove correct with every 'report'

so, to use a word of another language is racism against those people? wow, didnt know that

d.reamonn
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Bullying

Post by d.reamonn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:15 pm

simmerdown wrote:haha, it's yiddish for dick/idiot...which you prove correct with every 'report'

so, to use a word of another language is racism against those people? wow, didnt know that
93.647% of everything funken says is dumbfuck retarded. But in this case he was joking, and I support his effort.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

cotdagoo
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: Bullying

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:17 pm

funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: The kid who was most brutally treated was the Jehovahs Witness, absolutely no social skills and this sad pathetic desire to get people to like him. Oh how we laughed when we heard he'd hung himself.
misquoting someone to have them laughing at someone hanging themselves (which you fabricated) is messed up.

crumhorn
Posts: 2503
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: Bullying

Post by crumhorn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 pm

.. .----. -.. / .-.. .. -.- . / - --- / ... ..- --. --. . ... - / - .... .. ... / .- ... / - .... . / - .... . -- . / -- ..- ... .. -.-. / ..-. --- .-. / - .... .. ... / - .... .-. . .- -.. -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW3QWuQLMTo
Last edited by crumhorn on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: Bullying

Post by knotkranky » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:49 pm

funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: The kid who was most brutally treated was the Jehovahs Witness, absolutely no social skills and this sad pathetic desire to get people to like him. Oh how we laughed when we heard he'd hung himself.
^ This is a real funken credibility winner here, lol.

About a 9.7 on the douche-o-meter <golf clap>

good stuff

pulsoc
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: Baltimore
Contact:

Re: Bullying

Post by pulsoc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:04 pm

knotkranky wrote:
funken wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: The kid who was most brutally treated was the Jehovahs Witness, absolutely no social skills and this sad pathetic desire to get people to like him. Oh how we laughed when we heard he'd hung himself.
^ This is a real funken credibility winner here, lol.

About a 9.7 on the douche-o-meter <golf clap>

good stuff
Seriously.

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: Bullying

Post by knotkranky » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:10 pm

^ What about this post?

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Bullying

Post by simmerdown » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:11 pm

funken wrote: Well the idea wasn't to fool you into thinking he wrote that.
Bully!

cotdagoo
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: Bullying

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 pm

funken wrote: Well the idea wasn't to fool you into thinking he wrote that.
That's good, because that's not what I was thinking.. It's the implication you're making that somehow Machinesworking would find enjoyment this fake situation of someone hanging themselves which you've conjured up.. Seems like a pretty bold assumption.. whatever your 'idea' was.

Post Reply