.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
cotdagoo
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: Bullying

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 pm

funken wrote:
cotdagoo wrote:
funken wrote: Well the idea wasn't to fool you into thinking he wrote that.
That's good, because that's not what I was thinking.. It's the implication you're making that somehow Machinesworking would find enjoyment this fake situation of someone hanging themselves which you've conjured up.. Seems like a pretty bold assumption.. whatever your 'idea' was.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbole
Yeah.. but why bother? What were you trying to accomplish by this? He wrote out a paragraph, and you pay attention to the last bit, and then misquote something to seemingly add to your argument?

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Bullying

Post by simmerdown » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 pm

oh funken, you are the worst kind of bully...a hyperbolous bully

cotdagoo
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: Bullying

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:04 pm

funken wrote:
cotdagoo wrote: Yeah.. but why bother? What were you trying to accomplish by this? He wrote out a paragraph, and you pay attention to the last bit, and then misquote something to seemingly add to your argument?

The point was that what he wrote was very harsh towards the Jehovas Witnesses. I exaggerated that to the extreme to make that very point. As in 'the bag weighed a ton'. Only I did it in a sort of FYP style. Only instead of the usual FPY to mean what I would have said, I did it to say what an extreme bully would have said. The point being that an extreme bully would probably also slag off the JWs, and call the boy 'pathetic'.

Basically my point was that his comments were not very sympathetic.
I don't know how harsh it was, compared to maybe how true his personal experience was.

What I do know, is it's certainly not an uncommon belief that JW have a martyr complex - as is documented extensively by a quick google search on the subject.

He wasn't posting anything advocating bullying..

If you read between the lines, it might actually be a helpful post.. as there may be some parallels..

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: Bullying

Post by Donnie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 pm

I like Jehovahs Witnesses myself, the martyr complex doesn't really bother me. Of course, I know everything about their beliefs...so after 5 minutes of talking with them they usually are giving me their number and telling them to give them a call when 'I' want to talk more.

I find that if you take the time to understand other people and their beliefs it can result in them becoming less annoying on numerous levels. It started to work with Funken, to the point where his website contributions outweighed his forum douchiness, however he continues to ramp up the douche factor so its hard to keep up.

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: Bullying

Post by Donnie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 pm

As far as bullies go, I was always the short kid so naturally Ive dealt with bullies plenty in my lifetime. Ive realized that some of those times I encouraged it. Other times it was pure ego boosting on their part. Sometimes I was just a victim of circumstance. Each situation has a different way of handling it effectively. Having a pity party is always the least effective method in all circumstances.

simmerdown
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:36 pm
Location: Northwest Nowhere

Re: Bullying

Post by simmerdown » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 pm

Donnie wrote:... to the point where his website contributions outweighed his forum douchiness, however he continues to ramp up the douche factor so its hard to keep up.
this is why it is critically important to preemptively call him out as a twat at the onset of any funkenthread

this one for example...obviously not a PSA on the dangers of actual bullying, just another 'poor me' thread to go with all the 'poor me' posts

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Bullying

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Donnie wrote:As far as bullies go, I was always the short kid so naturally Ive dealt with bullies plenty in my lifetime. Ive realized that some of those times I encouraged it. Other times it was pure ego boosting on their part. Sometimes I was just a victim of circumstance. Each situation has a different way of handling it effectively. Having a pity party is always the least effective method in all circumstances.
Bingo! we have a logical person capable of critical thinking here!

H20nly
Posts: 15843
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Bullying

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 pm

i'll kick your funken ass!

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Bullying

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:11 am

funken wrote:FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEONE TAKE PITY ON ME!!
Why? you don't listen or care for anyone else's contributions, so why should anyone else care about you or your pain?

Look what you've done to my contribution to this thread, is that not bullying? To you of course not, because to you, me pointing out that you cause your own problems is sacrilege. So it's completely OK to ignore the simple fact that although I've been brutally honest with you, I'm trying to point out that it's up to you to look at your own actions here and take a little inventory of your own actions towards others, especially if you're going to act like your'e being publicly crucified. So yeah, instead you try to paint me out as being a sore loser in some debate we had about the nazis....because it's always someone else's fault that you're not the most popular kid that everyone turns to for knowledge.

Should I point out that you've publicly called everyone on this forum crap, and have told everyone you were leaving permanently more than once?
Not exactly the sort of actions you find outlined in books on how to win friends and influence people. :lol:

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Bullying

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:56 am

funken wrote:Right that's it. I'm leaving!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're addicted, no way in hell are you quitting cold turkey! :twisted:

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Bullying

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:58 am


stringtapper
Posts: 6273
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Bullying

Post by stringtapper » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:04 pm

funken wrote:So who was the mystery other person with a geology degree besides me anyway?
How does a geology degree make you an authority on evolution?

Even if there are aspects of the fields that are related, just because I have degrees in music doesn't make me an authority on psychoacoustics.
Unsound Designer

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Bullying

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:39 pm

stringtapper wrote:
funken wrote:So who was the mystery other person with a geology degree besides me anyway?
How does a geology degree make you an authority on evolution?

Even if there are aspects of the fields that are related, just because I have degrees in music doesn't make me an authority on psychoacoustics.
It's a rabbit hole. My point was funken is as, or more, responsible for his "victim status" than any supposed bullies here, because he disregards the opinions of others and opinions of even experts on a subject in favor of his own. This is a great example actually, I gave three random instances where I watched him doing this, and he picks the one that he feels is most likely to be able to be "culled from the herd" to attack. Which of course is going right into the behavior I'm talking about and ignoring the point I was making about it entirely in favor of endless debates about what an expert is or whether the person was as smart as he is etc.
Anything to avoid looking at your own lack of compassion and sensitivity, instead self pity and debate.

footsy
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:03 am
Location: Narnia

Re: Bullying

Post by footsy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm

delete?
Last edited by footsy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A Positive mind is the Key to success" - Tydi

bartend7
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 am
Contact:

Re: Bullying

Post by bartend7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:03 pm

so the chart you posted is a DFD chart right?

all the 'external entities" should be in rectangles not circles. Also some arrows should point back to the external entities, since bullies rely on feedback to keep up their bullying. And we need some nouns under those lines to tell us what data is being processed. in this situation a DFD may not be the best chart. I would like to see this in an REA diagram is possible

if you want to post charts,, then post them right.

Post Reply