Daft Punk doesn’t sidechain compress that much

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Daft Punk doesn’t sidechain compress that much

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Compared to the sidechain compression abuse of the last couple years Daft Punk’s usage is almost unnoticeable. :P

:x

pulsoc

Re: Daft Punk doesn’t sidechain compress that much

Post by pulsoc » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Benny Benassi sidechains like a mofo.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Everybody sidechains like a mofo now. But back in 2007 “Sidechain like Daft Punk?” was the theme of every third topic posted on the Ableton forum. Listen to Daft Punk now and you can hardly tell they are using it by comparison to today.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:29 pm

beats me wrote:Everybody sidechains like a mofo now. But back in 2007 “Sidechain like Daft Punk?” was the theme of every third topic posted on the Ableton forum. Listen to Daft Punk now and you can hardly tell they are using it by comparison to today.
So I guess it was a valid question back then?!
"Please help me side chain like Daft Punk" Meaning: Please don't let me over do it!
Well, seems like the forum could have been a factor for the good, had it been a little more helpful... 8)

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
beats me wrote:Everybody sidechains like a mofo now. But back in 2007 “Sidechain like Daft Punk?” was the theme of every third topic posted on the Ableton forum. Listen to Daft Punk now and you can hardly tell they are using it by comparison to today.
"Please help me side chain like Daft Punk" Meaning: Please don't let me over do it!
Well, seems like the forum could have been a factor for the good, had it been a little more helpful... 8)
I know a lot of people couldn't figure out how to get that 'french house pumping sound' if I recall correctly.. it was a hot topic on many forums.

Once it was explained on the web, it's like anything.. it get's used & abused by anyone who wanted to 'sound' like Daft Punk.. which was more or less everyone :)

Now it's just common practice in 'modern' production techniques.. if you don't know how to sidechain your bass, you must live under a rock! Same with overcompressing every band in the spectrum as near to 0db as possible so your track looks like a lifeless sausage :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:48 pm

cotdagoo wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
I know a lot of people couldn't figure out how to get that 'french house pumping sound' if I recall correctly.. it was a hot topic on many forums.

Once it was explained on the web, it's like anything.. it get's used & abused by anyone who wanted to 'sound' like Daft Punk.. which was more or less everyone :)
Yeah, I was trying to be funny :?
Should probably leave that alone though :P