I'm playing Bioshock Infinite.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite.

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:11 am

That is all.

:x

stringtapper

Re: I'm playing Bioshock Infinite.

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 am

Unsound Designer

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:00 am

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm playing Vergil's Downfall.

And tonight I'll have salmon for dinner.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:23 pm

The only problem I have with Bioshock Infinite so far is confusing the 1 and 2 buttons on the left and right side of the front of the controller. 1 fires your weapon and 2 changes your weapon. When I’m surrounded by baddies I sometimes hit the wrong button in haste. But I’m also not a gamer.

I have no plans for dinner but I am going to the grocery store after work with a list of items to purchase for some recipes in my Paprika app. It even organizes them by isle for a quicker shopping experience.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Amazon refunded me some money because there was a price reduction between the time I pre-ordered and the time the game shipped.

That refund is $0.03. Where should we go, ladies?

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Its pretty darn tootin fun.
Because Whatever.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm

beats me wrote: my Paprika app.
:?:

more details on this please. what does $4.99 really do for me here...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:36 pm

H20nly wrote:
beats me wrote: my Paprika app.
:?:

more details on this please. what does $4.99 really do for me here...

It’s the best. I have it on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad and they all cloud sync, but you have to manually hit the sync button. You can go to most of the popular recipe sites and it will automatically extrudes the ingredients, recipe steps, prep and cook time, picture if there is one, and some other random shit like servings. You can also set the category ie: main, dessert, side, beverage, etc. so you can view by filtering those categories. You can also rate the recipes, although I don’t know why you would want to keep any recipe rated like 3 or less stars. You can also edit any of the info before or after you save.

Once you have your recipes you want to cook you can add the ingredients to a shopping list and it organizes the ingredients by the most likely isle at the grocery store you will find it. Does that intelligently or you can manually change it. Before you add the ingredients to your shopping list it first lets you delete any ingredient you might already have. Also if you have the same ingredient for multiple recipes it will automatically combine them, ie: you have 2 recipes that need 1 onion each. It will appear on the list as “2 onions”. You can also manually add food to the shopping list that isn’t part of any saved recipe.

While shopping you check off each ingredient as you throw it in the cart and it either grays it out or you can set it to make them disappear off the main screen.

Another nice touch is you can scale a recipe so if the recipe normally serves 4 people you can have it change the ingredient amounts for just 2 people.

Recommended.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:52 pm

8O nice!

this part:
beats me wrote:You can go to most of the popular recipe sites
when i looked at the app i saw a lot of mentioning of other sites and such... does the app come with any recipes/pre-loaded data or do you have to bring your own and it just "manages" them for you?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 pm

H20nly wrote:8O nice!

this part:
beats me wrote:You can go to most of the popular recipe sites
when i looked at the app i saw a lot of mentioning of other sites and such... does the app come with any recipes/pre-loaded data or do you have to bring your own and it just "manages" them for you?

There’s no recipes already in it. Of course you can also manually add your own recipes if you have some winners. I'd recommend using the Mac version for that for obvious reasons.

I get most of my recipes from allrecipes.com because for whatever reason I trust common man recipes coupled with user ratings, comments, and variation recommendations more than I do big name chefs or the food network. Part of it is probably because you won’t have to fly to 6 different countries to get the ingredients. :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:14 pm

i like this.

thanks for the info!

oh and back on topic... enjoy Bioshock!

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm

I’m enjoying Bioshock but as I am not a gamer it will probably take me 10 times as long to finish it, not because I suck, but because I get to a scene change save point and go do something else with my day. It doesn’t consume me for hours and days on end.

Also I don’t wander around just checking things out randomly or play mini games. I stick to the script. So in that regard it will probably only take me 5 times as long as a gamer.

doc holiday

Post by doc holiday » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm playing Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate

what a time sync but wow is this game hot!