How did this thread get to be about Funken's blog?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: How did Funken Change his User name?

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:37 pm

crumhorn's recipe is tits. that outta do it... just remember, when you're chopping up all the ingredients, you want the juice. it's all part of the mixture.

you can make good chips (goddammit) yourself by chopping up small corn tortillas in to fourths and then pouring a little oil in a pan to cook them up.
assuming you can get corn tortillas in your neck of the woods, of course.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:So do you have it hot or cold?
Either. They both have their place. I prefer a darker chipotle sauce to be heated, but I like my Clint's right out of the fridge.
Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:41 pm

cold!

..or room temp. no heat necessary. the chips (goddammit) don't have to be hot either... they are a served after the fact. or there are some special blends like those ST alludes to above, but i'm giving you the skinny on what seems to be the most common method. crumhorn's recipe is for fresca (fresh) you wouldn't want to heat that up.

do you guys not have any good Mexican restaurants out that way?? chips and salsa are usually complimentary... they just bring em for you to nom on while you wait... or they sell them for a nominal fee - maybe equivalent to a quid or 1 quid and 50p

steko

Post by steko » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:20 am

Roasted smoky almonds (with or without skin), canned tomatoes, lotsa ground sweet red pepper, chili as you like (smoked or not), olive oil extra virgin, white wine vinegar, fresh garlic, fresh parsley, cumin(!), salt, black pepper.

Mix it up with a hand-blender til it gets creamy with still some crunchy tiny bits. Great for chips etc.

Last edited by steko on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:09 am

compared to Chinese, Indian, and Pizza places there are very few mexican restaurants near me, It's either do it yourself or old El Passo in a jar.

I like to make a beef chile, roll it up in some tortillas, place them in a dish, cover with grated cheese, bake til the cheese is melted then server with salsa and sour cream, yum!
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

distaudio

Post by distaudio » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 am

Here in Australia there have been about 2000 Mexican places pop up over night.

Yet we live on Asia's door step and I have to drive 20 km to get a bowl of Pho that doesn't taste like 2 week old dish water that has had a goats balls dipped in it.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Mmm nice website colour scheme...
Hey, that home page looks so much better. Well done! and you got rid of the the sub menus which simplifies the whole thing and doesn't overwhelm you with the whole decision tree in one go. plus the new narrower column layout makes it much easier to read with that background image. - and that new comments system loads instantly. top marks.

From a usability point of view it's a vast improvement.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Still looks OK but don't go too grey!

I visited one of the subpages where yo still have DISQUS installed and it locked up my PC again. Something somewhere in Windoze must be very broken for that to happen. Even the mouse pointer freezez.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:21 pm

tell me about it.

you're pages look hand cranked, you should think about using a template based web app framework or a blogging engine. Your site is very blog like.

you can get really cheap Linux CPanel based hosting that comes with a ton of scripts for blogging and content management, and just about anything else you can think of.

Once you set up something like that it can save you a lot of effort in the long run.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Just that from looking at the source I got the impression that you hand code each page, including all the bits that are the same on every page. so when you update something you have to go round every page updating it. there are tools available to help with all that, you have to take the time to set them up and learn to use them but if you have lot's of pages it can be worth it.

Each to their own though.

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:01 am

Not saying it looks like a blog, more that is is like a blog. in that you add or announce new stuff at the top of the home page and older stuff gets pushed down, but you can still get to older articles via the topic headings in the menu structure. But I've not delved all that deep so I've probably got it completely wrong!

d.reamonn

Re: How did this thread get to be about Funken's blog?

Post by d.reamonn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

I've got to say, it's not often that you see a nonsense thread descend into meaningfulness. Hugs and kisses to all.

:x
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 pm

d.reamonn wrote:I've got to say, it's not often that you see a nonsense thread descend into meaningfulness. Hugs and kisses to all.

I'm going to assume you're talking about the sections concerning salsa and not these recent off topic developments.

Unsound Designer

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 pm

salsa = meaningful

duh.

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm

H20nly wrote:salsa = meaningful

duh.
http://youtu.be/evYSwr_D8OU

duh.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex