Bullying. Second attempt at...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
artpunk

Re: Bullying. Second attempt at a thread.

Post by artpunk » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
artpunk wrote: How long will it take before anyone who in good faith posts to this thread gets a PM asking for them to delete their posts because of someone else posting something that is 'completely out of order?'
I expect you'd love it if I randomly started revealing private details about you on the internet. And if someone asked me to stop you would think 'oh, what a spoil sport'. I did ask people not to trash this thread but looks like it already happened. Well done for being the first.
I was simply asking a question. If you can't look at what I said with any kind of objectivity and actually address/acknowledge the points I made, please don't assume malice aforethought. Well done for treating someone who actually supported your stance on bullying in the first thread like an enemy. Well done for disenfranchising people who might support you and well done alienating those who actually might have believed you & other forum members were being targeted. Of course I may still believe that, as there are some incredible arseholes on this forum, just don't become one of them.
Regarding: I expect you'd love it if I randomly started revealing private details about you on the internet.
WTF Fran? Are you making me the bad guy? Did I ever do anything like that? In fact whose bloody thread started all this? And now you are doing it again! That was my point. There are more than one type of bully you know. I am no longer participating in any threads you instigate. Robbie Burns once wrote "Ah, the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!"

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 pm

shadx312 wrote:
I also got beat up by a gang of lads who attacked me from behind after a disco because I stopped dancing with the sister of one of them, and another time got stabbed in my arse with a dart for wearing non-flared trousers.
The thing is, since you fail (or subconsciously deny) to see the point when someone tries to explain a point to you, those probably had nothing to do with you stopping to dance with the sister or wearing non-flared trousers. You always try to make it out to be some specific external excuse instead of owning up to it being part of your general character.
What, you're saying he was probably asking for it? That's uncalled for. Dangerously close to the classic rape defense too. Did you never that Jodie Foster film?

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Emo Beating. Is that like midget tossing? Are there bars that feature this sport?

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:10 pm

It is simply reality that some people who get beat, asked for it. It's quite common for people to walk straight into trains, off cliffs or taunt wild animals. Takes all kinds and plenty deserve it. Like bullies. Regardless, more often they don't, but it's never, ever been any different, ever. Actually, i'd argue that its never been better than now.

And there's nothing new about bullying ffs. A few wealthy parents caught the airwaves and the press loves it. Please, little Neanderthals were getting harassed on the way to their friends caves every day.

Sure, stamp it out if ya can, but it's simply humanity in action. I'd blame poor eating and environmental toxins first. Seriously.

There's no way civilization can survive without the "beat-down"

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:36 pm

knotkranky wrote:It is simply reality that some people who get beat, asked for it.
This may be true, but the people who administer the beatings are always arseholes. And they would often be happy to do the same to someone who didn't ask for it. Or just find some bullshit reason why they think someone needs a kicking.

They can try to justify it, but really they just enjoy it. Pathetic really.

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:52 pm

andydes wrote:
What, you're saying he was probably asking for it? That's uncalled for. Dangerously close to the classic rape defense too. Did you never that Jodie Foster film?

I strongly agree. Some people are pretty unaware that they're stepping on peoples toes but that doesn't justify anything.
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:You are not free to interrogate me or indulge in amateur psychology about me.
Well… yes he is, actually.

Are you trying to curtail people's freedom of expression?
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:17 pm

ST: omfg. Curtailing freedom of expression. I do believe you've given Funky his next 3 thread topics. Woot!

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:51 am

:oops:
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

artpunk

Post by artpunk » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:17 am

I think I actually have it worked out. This is just one big sociology experiment to see if you mix 'x' topic/post with 'y' forum/forum members you will get 'z' results? Repeat experiment as many times as necessary to prove the given hypothesis is true.
:D :wink:

“... it was just to make an average listener go: ‘What the fuck is this?’ That’s a real inspiration for me and something that I will explore more on upcoming recordings.”
- Wally De Backer (Gotye) quoting Ween's intention behind making records

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 am

Bullying is an intrinsic part of human nature. If so many kids are offing themselves because of bullying at school, and if you want to prevent this from happening because you don't believe that the planet is over-populated, then the logical solution would be to simply abolish school. Asking kids to not bully is as effective as asking men to stop eating meat.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

d.reamonn

Post by d.reamonn » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:34 am

Funk N. Furter wrote: Maybe bullying is part of human nature, maybe it's cultural, ie learned. I'm not sure. I think it's probably a bit of both. But even if it is human nature, we can over-ride it. If you had a kid who was being bullied, you would not ignore it would you? Surely you would expect the school to do something? This is the main argument Jodie Marsh puts forward, that schools should accept responsibility.
Other things we can over-ride:

1. Sexual appetite.
2. Allergy to pollen.
3. Incest.
4. Children on pedestrian-crossings near schools where they get bullied.

Kids who can't stand up for themselves are natural born pussies and undeserving of my protection. When I was six, I took a cricket bat to school and smacked the shit out of some kids who were bullying me. Problem dealt with. I didn't blame the teachers, my parents or anybody else for that matter—I just smacked the shit out of my aggressors. So unless you're willing to exact a little justice yourself, you will get smacked down, and I will enjoy being ringside with a bag of popcorn.
https://soundcloud.com/maybe-logic

"I wanted to not like your [music], but it's actually pretty awesome. Banana hammock."
- eddiex

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:23 pm

What an odd post! It's off topic as well. And it's one huge personal attack. It's also full of lots of things that aren't true. Why are you so obsessed with me? Why do you stalk me? This is harassment. It is illegal and against forum rules. Please stop spoiling the thread, there are some good posts on here, but this is an irritating distraction. Seek help if you need it, but don't divert your problems onto me. And don't try to claim that any of this was in any way genuine. Genuine debate is NOT PERSONAL. YOU CAN OFFER PERSONAL INFO BUT YOU CANNOT INTERROGATE OR 'ANALYSE' SOMEONE ELSE. THAT IS HARASSMENT. Debate the topic or don't post.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:16 pm

andydes wrote:
knotkranky wrote:It is simply reality that some people who get beat, asked for it.
This may be true, but the people who administer the beatings are always arseholes. And they would often be happy to do the same to someone who didn't ask for it. Or just find some bullshit reason why they think someone needs a kicking.

They can try to justify it, but really they just enjoy it. Pathetic really.
You're right of course. I had bruce lee in my mind.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:23 pm

I miss cricket bats. Guns are boring, and overkill.
ImageImage