US Navy now has lasers

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

US Navy now has lasers

Post by beats me » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 pm

oblique strategies

Re: US Navy now has lasers

Post by oblique strategies » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:51 pm

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:55 pm

They should have done this in the fog so that we could see the laser.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

lowshelf

Post by lowshelf » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:They should have done this in the fog so that we could see the laser.
Lasers are no match for undead leper pirates. Didn't they teach you anything?

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Republicans will approve it for civilian use and the NRA will defend our right to own assault lasers as was intended and predicted by the founding fathers.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 pm

beats me wrote:Republicans will approve it for civilian use and the NRA will defend our right to own assault lasers as was intended and predicted by the founding fathers.

You don't want an assault laser? :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
beats me wrote:Republicans will approve it for civilian use and the NRA will defend our right to own assault lasers as was intended and predicted by the founding fathers.

You don't want an assault laser? :x

I'm American. Of course I do. Anything that starts with “assault” is a must have by default. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:54 pm

beats me wrote:Republicans

I see where you're going here with this one, but I see the laser as something more akin to drones. In fact, the perfect accessory for a drone.

Speaking of which, Obama's Administration had to practically be WATERBOARDED before reluctantly acknowledging that drones won't be used on US citizens.

:lol:

In fact, FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS seems to be the rally cry from the Obama Admin when it comes to giving up using drones overseas.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:55 pm

OMFG.

Just found this...

OMFG.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:20 pm

The drone thing is the achilles heal of my drummers claims that Obama isn't a war monger.

Myself being outside the rep/dem thing it seems ridiculous when either claim the other is "anti freedom"... :x

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:24 pm

I'll take my abortions, assault lasers, public health care, gay marriage, vulger music, free market and low tax rate thank you very much.

republicrats can kiss my posterior! :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I don’t get what the big deal is about Obama and the drones. Regardless of who is in office and whether a war is justified or not, when have we ever not used the latest tech in our arsenal aside from nukes?

Not to mention the sooner we roll these things on to the battle field with frequent usage the sooner they become old hat and available to consumers at Walmart.

You don’t want to show up with a RPG to an assault laser fight.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm

beats me wrote:I don’t get what the big deal is about Obama and the drones. Regardless of who is in office and whether a war is justified or not, when have we ever not used the latest tech in our arsenal aside from nukes?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ju ... nal-law-un

Drones IMO as a regular war tactic is to me anyway not that different than napalm, chemical warfare etc.
Another problem is subtle, citizens of countries are never that rilled up by war if the body count on their side is low enough.
So drones offer this to governments.

Here's the kicker with drones though, it's not ultra advance technology. Any country could come up with basic drones. Sure the USA, UK, Russia etc. will have amazing advanced drones, but the basic idea is simple and anybody could come up with something that worked. Kamikaze terrorist drone attacks are bound to happen, and we will have essentially shown them how to do it.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Machinesworking wrote:I'll take my abortions, assault lasers, public health care, gay marriage, vulger music, free market and low tax rate thank you very much.

republicrats can kiss my posterior! :x
this.

especially the bit about assault lasers.

beats, you might have heard something about this... the city of Piedmont is installing cameras to track all traffic that comes in and out of the city by snapping a shot of the license plate and then running the info. if you're planning to sell assault lasers on the black market don't take them to Piedmont ffs.