Dancing against the law in Tokyo

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
earthloop

Dancing against the law in Tokyo

Post by earthloop » Wed May 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Saw this on a local current affairs pgm tonight: 8O

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-01/t ... aw/4663956

Apparently a major reason expressed by police is..." because there's a possibility that a pleasure loving atmosphere between men and women could become excessive" (3:34 in the vid report) 8O 8O

beats me

Re: Dancing against the law in Tokyo

Post by beats me » Wed May 01, 2013 7:20 pm

About time somebody has been cracking down on excessive pleasure loving. It's disgusting. :x

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Wed May 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Good god, no way. wtf

No dancing in Ginza!? It would be like outlawing dancing in New York City!

Must be the radiation.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Dancing is outlawed in New York city as well as the Jefferson Memorial.

Here's some people getting arrested for doing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ltTmp8xto

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 am

We didn't see the bit. Gotta see the flashmob bit. Maybe it was shitty and the cops gave em the hook.

But it ain't the China Club closed at 1a 8O

aizo

Post by aizo » Thu May 02, 2013 5:34 am

It's the same in Osaka. Actually a lot of clubs get around it though. Basically they're trying to crack down on dark shady clubs that sell drugs and shit. Which is bullshit because I've ben here 5 years and I've BARELY seen any drugs let alone any in the clubs.

Either way, one of the last clubs I went to before I had a baby had dancing banned, signs everywhere. had the lights on but a DJ blasting music. They had a standing table smack dab in the middle of the dance floor. The only thing good about that place was $20 for all you can drink all night. Which was really terrible because I don't think I've drank that much until then. Then got really sick because I couldn't dance off the alcohol.

Here's my co-working and I there for a Halloween party. As you can see there is not a single dancer on the floor. Everyone is just standing around the bar.

Didn't used to be like this. There used to be a lot of amazing dance spots but were run by the yaks, got shut down or now are only until 1am.
ImageImage

earthloop

Post by earthloop » Thu May 02, 2013 7:59 pm

beats me wrote:About time somebody has been cracking down on excessive pleasure loving. It's disgusting. :x
Yeah, exactly! Ya can't have people thinking that they can have pleasure or (heaven forbid) love for free...just because they feel like it. I mean, someone has to pay for all this pleasure!!! :x

oh, wait... http://therumpus.net/2012/12/the-rumpus ... a-hostess/ 8O

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Thu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Naw, I bet It's not about cracking down on shady bars. The police and Yakuza have a relationship and often disagree so I bet this is a flexing of power and the gov is making it hurt. It's just a few dudes and some high up officials are not getting what they need out of the relationship. Too much money is being lost for any other reason. imho.

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm

earthloop wrote:
beats me wrote:About time somebody has been cracking down on excessive pleasure loving. It's disgusting. :x
Yeah, exactly! Ya can't have people thinking that they can have pleasure or (heaven forbid) love for free...just because they feel like it. I mean, someone has to pay for all this pleasure!!! :x

oh, wait... http://therumpus.net/2012/12/the-rumpus ... a-hostess/ 8O
This is one of the more depressing things I've read lately. Thank God I grew up a man in the good 'ol U.S. of A.