So... who has the push?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Mint Invader

So... who has the push?

Post by Mint Invader » Mon May 06, 2013 3:15 pm

Details ladies and gentlemen. Details. How does the device fair.
Because Whatever.

Michael Thompson

Re: So... who has the push?

Post by Michael Thompson » Mon May 06, 2013 6:30 pm

RE: Push order notifications - What good are shipping ETA updates if there is no indication when the info was updated? Only recently after inquiring about what the updates indicate, was I told that the shipping window isn't from the date of the order, but from the date the estimate was updated.

Since I've resolved that I will receive Push "sometime in the current year," and bothering to check my Ableton account is no more informative than checking my bank account to see if the funds have been applied, Ableton's method of information is about worthless.

After three months (and counting) of waiting for Push, I hope the numerous glitches reported in the User Forum have been corrected in the latest shipments of the device. If so, then the wait has not been in vain. Otherwise, shame on Ableton!

This is the most unfortunate product release I've ever experienced. It's just not up to Ableton's usual high standards.

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Mon May 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Ah. Thats kinda lame.
Because Whatever.

Michael Thompson

Post by Michael Thompson » Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Mint Invader wrote:Ah. Thats kinda lame.
What's lame, my unhappy comment or Ableton's ineffectual product release? If the latter, and you disagree, I'm guessing that you've already received your Push.

I pre-ordered as soon as it was available, only to discover that others had already pre-ordered through assorted Retailers. So my prompt pre-order was already behind a hoard of line-cutting customers.

Don't get me wrong, I love Live and have been a loyal Ableton son for ages. I'm just not getting more patient as the wait continues.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Tue May 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Stuff a guy can use....this is really all you need.

...or, optionally....

...and lastly, for when the shit doesn't work...

Mint Invader

Post by Mint Invader » Wed May 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Michael Thompson wrote:
Mint Invader wrote:Ah. Thats kinda lame.
What's lame, my unhappy comment or Ableton's ineffectual product release? If the latter, and you disagree, I'm guessing that you've already received your Push.

I pre-ordered as soon as it was available, only to discover that others had already pre-ordered through assorted Retailers. So my prompt pre-order was already behind a hoard of line-cutting customers.

Don't get me wrong, I love Live and have been a loyal Ableton son for ages. I'm just not getting more patient as the wait continues.
The pre order problem. And I dont have the money to even buy the damn thing yet... so sadly no I dont already have one.
Because Whatever.

panten

Post by panten » Wed May 08, 2013 7:00 pm

I took a gamble and pre-ordered from a local retailer who promised it a week or two before it actually arrived. When I went in to pick it up the guy said 'ah, you're one of the lucky few then' Apparently they had a LOT of interest in it. I could have very easily been one of the unlucky many.

As far as Push itself goes. At the risk of sounding like a fanboy I say 'I unequivocally LOVE this thing'. I have experienced none of the sensitivity issues that others seem to have and the hue differences between the pads are pretty minimal. I have been having so much fun with vanilla Push, it's changed the way I produce music in a great way in that it's fluid, simplistic and tactile.

I'm currently beta testing nativeKontrol's PXT-Live MIDI remote scripts and without going into specifics can say that it's going to blow Push user's minds. It does things in a way I didn't expect and opens up Push for even more avenues of expression.

On the flipside it has negative points.

Lack of Instrument step sequencing in the same way as with drumRacks with default Push is a bit of an oversight if you ask me. Ableton really should have hardcoded this into Live to be able to toggle between realtime or step sequence if there isn't a decent way to hack this in.

Complete control over EVERY aspect of ALL their Live Instruments should be an obvious given… but for some obscure reason isn't. Sort it out Abes.

Lack of a decent fluid sample chopping workflow is a hugely missed trick if I'm honest.

Better Session control of clip placement would be very welcome. Why they didn't think we'd need copy/paste is beyond me.

With these things said, I still feel that it's money well spent. I'll definitely be selling my Axiom Pro 25 & MPD32.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm

I borrowed one for a weekend. It was really fun. It offers a whole new way to approach Live. The amount of control you achieve without touching the computer is impressive. I miss having it on my desk. When the stock issues are sorted out, I'll likely buy one.

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Fri May 10, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm not sure what his reserve is, but this might be worth a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261213435464?ss ... 1423.l2649