Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
rote fahne wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote:But Russia's economy did grow faster than America's for many years even with the handicap of the Stalinist dictatorship.
Economies with lower level of production usually have faster growing rates once they get awake.

Concept of diminishing returns.
Well it's not happened in Africa or India has it?
What has not happened there?

stringtapper
Posts: 6285
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:15 pm

SuburbanThug wrote:
stringtapper wrote:I figured overdo it just to be safe since it's obvious sound and pictures MUST accompany anything said on the internet for it to believed. Should I scan my MM in Music Theory for you too?

Matt's a good guy and a good player (guy on the left). Apparently they do well for themselves with the wedding gigs.
You must understand that it's hard to believe there are two stickists with right wing politics regularly posting on the Ableton forum...
Uh, you think I have right-wing politics?

When have I ever espoused any right-wing beliefs?

Ooohh, that's right. Ideologues, whether left or right, always believe that if someone disagrees with them or criticizes them then they MUST be on the other side.

Gotcha.
Unsound Designer

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:48 pm

stringtapper wrote:Ooohh, that's right. Ideologues, whether left or right, always believe that if someone disagrees with them or criticizes them then they MUST be on the other side.

Gotcha.
Yep, in reality the left can be right on some points, and the right can be right on some points. Or wrong. Its never that one of the sides is completely right on all points.

To conclude then that the center centrists are the most right is false too.

stringtapper
Posts: 6285
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:52 pm

rote fahne wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Ooohh, that's right. Ideologues, whether left or right, always believe that if someone disagrees with them or criticizes them then they MUST be on the other side.

Gotcha.
Yep, in reality the left can be right on some points, and the right can be right on some points. Or wrong. Its never that one of the sides is completely right on all points.

To conclude then that the center centrists are the most right is false too.
To conclude that all issues can ever be simple enough to have one "right" or "wrong" way to think about them is the ultimate falsehood.

Or is it? :twisted:
Unsound Designer

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:12 pm

stringtapper wrote:
rote fahne wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Ooohh, that's right. Ideologues, whether left or right, always believe that if someone disagrees with them or criticizes them then they MUST be on the other side.

Gotcha.
Yep, in reality the left can be right on some points, and the right can be right on some points. Or wrong. Its never that one of the sides is completely right on all points.

To conclude then that the center centrists are the most right is false too.
To conclude that all issues can ever be simple enough to have one "right" or "wrong" way to think about them is the ultimate falsehood.

Or is it? :twisted:
Its all viewpoint.

Hey, I was just watching a chinese girl playing piano, Queen Elizabeth Concours in Belgium.

stringtapper
Posts: 6285
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:17 pm

rote fahne wrote:Hey, I was just watching a chinese girl playing piano, Queen Elizabeth Concours in Belgium.
The Van Cliburn competition is going on now too. First one since his death earlier this year.
Unsound Designer

myrnova
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by myrnova » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm

stringtapper wrote:Uh, you think I have right-wing politics?.
He cannot be "right-wingy" because he is THE NIHILIST. He believes IN NOTHING.
(... and sometimes he cuts johnsons)

:mrgreen:

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 pm

stringtapper wrote:The Van Cliburn competition is going on now too. First one since his death earlier this year.
Never heard of, will see if I can find some of his music on the internet to listen to.

Here's a string quartet by Tristan Keuris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyoAS1WMP2s

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm

myrnova wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Uh, you think I have right-wing politics?.
He cannot be "right-wingy" because he is THE NIHILIST. He believes IN NOTHING.
(... and sometimes he cuts johnsons)

:mrgreen:
For me people are free to believe what they want.

earthloop
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by earthloop » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:59 pm

rote fahne wrote:
stringtapper wrote:The Van Cliburn competition is going on now too. First one since his death earlier this year.
Never heard of, will see if I can find some of his music on the internet to listen to.

Here's a string quartet by Tristan Keuris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyoAS1WMP2s
...and here's a performance by another kind of quartet...er quintet actually.....but what's in a number. I believe in this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsMefrj_ICE -Rip Her To Shreds 8)

So appropriate in this thread :P

stringtapper
Posts: 6285
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by stringtapper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:02 pm

myrnova wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Uh, you think I have right-wing politics?.
He cannot be "right-wingy" because he is THE NIHILIST. He believes IN NOTHING.
(... and sometimes he cuts johnsons)

:mrgreen:
That's right, which means you're safe 9V.

:mrgreen:
Unsound Designer

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
rote fahne wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote:
Well it's not happened in Africa or India has it?
What has not happened there?
Their economies have not got going
I dont have a clue what you are about to say, but in case you want to tell me that their economies have stayed the same since ww2, then I'm done with you.

I'm not going to waste my time discussing with an idiot, you know?

lowshelf
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by lowshelf » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Their economies have not got going
Central and Southern Africa are doing great, for the most part, with growth rates that Europe can only dream of. Not just for resources, but it's taking business investment capital and personnel away from Europe. Other than that, I won't get into how utterly amazing Libya's economy was before NATO gatecrashed, it's too depressing, but it would probably show up this thread's Transformers-versus-Gobots conflab.

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
rote fahne wrote:
I dont have a clue what you are about to say, but in case you want to tell me that their economies have stayed the same since ww2, then I'm done with you.

I'm not going to waste my time discussing with an idiot, you know?
Image
That diagram has nothing to do with the parameter we discussed, that is the gross national income.

As i've said before, countries at a lower level of production will have higher growing rates than countries higher up in the curve.

There's 100 million germans, and 1 billion chinese, still the gdp of china is only two times the gdp of germany.

So china is lower in the curve, and they can have higher growing rates.

Image

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Socialism will save us all (technology edition)

Post by rote fahne » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 pm

lowshelf wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote:Their economies have not got going
Central and Southern Africa are doing great, for the most part, with growth rates that Europe can only dream of. Not just for resources, but it's taking business investment capital and personnel away from Europe. Other than that, I won't get into how utterly amazing Libya's economy was before NATO gatecrashed, it's too depressing, but it would probably show up this thread's Transformers-versus-Gobots conflab.
Here's a list of African countries by GDP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Af ... _(nominal)

Congo has a great potential. 5 million people killed there recently is a good indicator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Congo_War

Post Reply