CPEREZZZ RULES CPEREZZZ RULES CPEREZZZ RULES CPEREZZZ RULES

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by stringtapper » Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 pm

I dig it. Minimal. Unobtrusive.
Unsound Designer

rakim87
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm
Location: New England
Contact:

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by rakim87 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:58 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:Oh, One. More. Thing.

Playstation sucks ass.

omfg.


Isn't it like 80%/20% Xbox to PS gamers?


:lol:
probably is now. before ps3 it was well past the opposite of that. and now it looks like it's slowly switching back or evening out in playstations favor.

ps3 had less games due to blu ray and people didn't like the price. ps3 had, for the most part, a better processor and gpu (gpu might be debatable). other than that it's all the same shit and people argue over nothing.
ImageImage

H20nly
Posts: 15838
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by H20nly » Wed May 22, 2013 11:04 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:No backwards compatibility?

Oh for the love of all that is holy.

That's more retarded than the SIRI OS upgrade and the Adobe subscription fiasco combined.

COMBINED.


ffs.

No, seriously. That's fucking awful.

:x
agreed.

no Halo games
no Skyrim
no Call of Duty
no insert other ridiculously popular title here.

greedy dicks.




i agree with both Emissary and Stringtapper on the design... it does look like a Betamax VCR... but i do kinda like the minimalist design, all of which means i'm old. :x
Last edited by H20nly on Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by beats me » Wed May 22, 2013 11:05 pm

stringtapper wrote:Sony is claiming they can solve the backwards compatibility issue by streaming old games from the cloud.
This. And I'm pretty damn sure Sony also said all new releases will be available for download purchase the day of release.

H20nly
Posts: 15838
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by H20nly » Wed May 22, 2013 11:06 pm

for a limited time* Sony will suck your dick if it will help with sales.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by beats me » Wed May 22, 2013 11:07 pm

H20nly wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:No backwards compatibility?

Oh for the love of all that is holy.

That's more retarded than the SIRI OS upgrade and the Adobe subscription fiasco combined.

COMBINED.


ffs.

No, seriously. That's fucking awful.

:x
agreed.

no Halo games
no Skyrim
no Call of Duty
no insert other ridiculously popular title here.

greedy dicks.

and no this guy



Image




(on any xbox)

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by stringtapper » Wed May 22, 2013 11:29 pm

beats me wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Sony is claiming they can solve the backwards compatibility issue by streaming old games from the cloud.
This. And I'm pretty damn sure Sony also said all new releases will be available for download purchase the day of release.
I thought they already had this on PS3. MS needs to catch up on that if so. There's no need for discs anymore.

Also, don't restrict how external drives can be used. I want to be able to go without physical media and hold a crapload of games on a USB 3.0 external.
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 am

That box design would be minimal if it were like...oh...not as large as a fucking toaster oven.

ffs.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Tarekith
Posts: 17347
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by Tarekith » Thu May 23, 2013 3:26 am

I like it, I think it looks much better. Maybe the PSU is integrated now, I'd gladly take a larger box for that.

Backwards compatibility might be an issue for me if the old xbox wasn't 8 years old and likely stupid cheap in a couple months for people who HAVE to play their old games again. Pretty rare I do this, so I could care less.

Emissary
Posts: 2431
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:27 am

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by Emissary » Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 am

Tarekith wrote:I like it, I think it looks much better. Maybe the PSU is integrated now, I'd gladly take a larger box for that.

Backwards compatibility might be an issue for me if the old xbox wasn't 8 years old and likely stupid cheap in a couple months for people who HAVE to play their old games again. Pretty rare I do this, so I could care less.
you could care less? how much less exactly? a lot or little. :wink:
It looks like a large black box...not really much to like or dislike about that. I neither like nor dislike the aesthetic appeal of the interior of a black hole

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Whilst I appreciate the minimal aesthetic they were going for, the details and scale are really quite awkward - even brutal. For instance, the larger bevel at the bottom: This was done to lessen the MASSIVE overall thickness and, more than anything else, gives it that betamax appearance. Very 80s, very awkward. The metallic silver of the disc slot is also meh - as is the silver logo. The slot color/material change only emphasizes the fact that it's still a disc-based system at heart. Even PC makers stopped highlighting the disc drive with a color/design/material change about 5 years ago. :lol:

I would have made everything black. Everything; logo as well. I also would have made the disc feed nothing more than a thin slot. Getting rid of all the bevels would have helped.

It's a large fucking box. The designers have done all the standard 'industrial design student moves' imaginable to lessen that appearance. I would have embraced the fact that it's a box and kept the design honest. It's a beast, and that's how I would have marketed the thing.

The whole thing is really just design laziness.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

lowshelf
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by lowshelf » Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

^ Agreed. 8O It has that brick shithouse styling of the xbox 1. The first xbox 1. It's that 1994 PC in your living room concept. Only problem is, it's a fucking 1994 PC in your living room.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm

lowshelf wrote: Only problem is, it's a fucking 1994 PC in your living room.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Exactly, bro. At a time when most home tech companies are trying to make shit GO AWAY and be as hidden as possible..... You're going to need an entertainment unit the size of a tank to hide this thing - and also have plenty of venting given the huge amount of heat this thing is going to generate.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

stringtapper
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by stringtapper » Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 pm

This thing is going to look great next to my Apple TV. They'll look like, like Lennie & George from Of Mice and Men.

:x
Unsound Designer

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: XBOX ONE

Post by beats me » Thu May 23, 2013 4:00 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
lowshelf wrote: Only problem is, it's a fucking 1994 PC in your living room.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Exactly, bro. At a time when most home tech companies are trying to make shit GO AWAY and be as hidden as possible..... You're going to need an entertainment unit the size of a tank to hide this thing - and also have plenty of venting given the huge amount of heat this thing is going to generate.

:lol:

Not to mention if it is a box like that it’s just asking for people to stack shit on it. #1 complaint about the 360 “The fucker keeps overheating!” As ugly as the PS3 design is, people don’t stack shit on it….because you can’t.

:x

Post Reply