That’s karmic justice I suppose

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

That’s karmic justice I suppose

Post by beats me » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:57 pm

For the last couple years we lived under an older gentleman who several times a year would issue a noise complaint against us, either come down directly and tell us or go to the office who would put a notice on our door. I was always cool and understanding with him. I even gave him my cell number and my roommate’s and let him know which one of us was in which bedroom so he’d know which one of us to call based on where the sound was coming from. He was grateful but never called.

Well, he moved out and now there’s some younger people living above us. They like their music loud and of course can’t be bothered getting a stereo with some kind of bass reduction (we did). They don’t blast it frequently and it has been within legal hours, but last night the person who has the room above mine was banging around with a piano sound until 11:30 PM playing what I can only describe as the Peanuts theme but not as good. This was just a piano and I could make it out note for note. I don’t want to know what it’s going to sound like if/when they start using bass or drum sounds which is usually the only sounds that go through walls.

Now I’m in the ironic position of living below people who are like a younger version of us but my older man mentality wants to go “Hey, keep it within legal hours and only later nights on weekends! I have work in the morning!”

:x

Angstrom

Re: That’s karmic justice I suppose

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I've lived in my house for so long now that my friends every-day apartment stories are all horror stories to me.

I have just one neighbour (the adjoining house) and in ten years she has never complained about our terrible music playing at 120db at 4am on a Wednesday. I have heard music from them three times in the ten years.

I am ruined for ever moving anywhere else.

Komodovaran

Re: That’s karmic justice I suppose

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Dorm room. Thick concrete walls. Young people. Mutual tolerance for bass music.

:x