Where are all the Hip Hop Producers?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
starving student

Re: Where are all the Hip Hop Producers?

Post by starving student » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:46 am

Ok I haven't heard the added bass yet but did you just say the topic is the forum huh? :| just clarifying.... And whatever it is we'll be done by Monday right.... Anybody heard from Naaaaaaaaathaaaaaaaaaaan ?

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:53 am

stringtapper wrote:Beats me's beat + bass line.

https://soundcloud.com/stringtapper/h2-beat-n-bass
Very nice String, I knew you were the one 8)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:51 pm

starving student wrote:Ok I haven't heard the added bass yet but did you just say the topic is the forum huh? :| just clarifying.... And whatever it is we'll be done by Monday right.... Anybody heard from Naaaaaaaaathaaaaaaaaaaan ?
:? IF you're talking to me....

I just said
H20nly wrote:okay... i've got my verse. 32 bars.

i need to practice and record it. i'm going camping/rafting this weekend. i'll work on memorizing during the peace and quiet.
my verse is abstract.
No, probably won't be done by Monday.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Ok got it, abstract which I guess means whatever we want that's cool with me, hey so this is what it looks like so far

Rakim, our reluctant leader a cross between John Connor of the terminator and John 'Hannibal' smith of the A-team, the man with the cathartic plan and he's got guns but doesn't like to use them.

Shad, he's gonna make this whole thing sound credible, whatever we need fake ids, passports, disguises, he's gonna get us across the fucking border.

Beatsme, well wtf do you expect, he's supplying the beats the transportation for our little journey, code named nightrider as in "kit get me the fuck outta here". See if this was a bank robbery beats would be the getaway car, not the driver but the actual vehicle. although he wasn't the first talking car he was the first to write music, built in the dark underbelly of silicone valley and sheathed in a lair of high technology he remains forever unimpressed which leads us to our driver....

Stringtapper, this guys the driver, and as you'd expect he doesn't like to use GPS or take directions plus he doesn't mind running over little old ladies in the middle of the street on account of his attitude,see back in the 90s during the golden era of hiphop one frosty night at a seedy bar in Texas,some waitress who was new in town served him some chips with salsa from.......new...York...city...!!! !!! !!!
String, codenamed the revenger never got over it, he's been driving basslines and dismantling sound minds ever since.

H20, known as the man with 32 reasons to make you listen, a scientific anomaly h20 has the ability to make sucker MCs feel like they're drowning. He uses a technic that combines oxygen and hydrogen into droplets that form on the forehead of his attacker and explode at a radiated level rendering his opponent not only headless but without the ability to further speak into a microphone.

Starving student, yes it's me who comes next on this begrudging list of madcap adventurers. Little is known about starving student...even by me :) Some say he's humble, stringtapper says no he isn't, some say he wants unity, stringtapper says he can't have unity (chuckles). All we really know for sure is that he's starving and that his life is a coloring book full of lessons still yet to be learned, though there have been murmurs and whispers that he's an inventor too, toiling away in some dusty lab trying feverishly to invent the edible drum machine, so that one day he might be able to eat...and...make music, and not be forced to choose between the two.

Nathan, code named wildcard. We don't know where Nathan is from, what Nathan is doing, or how Nathan does whatever it is that nathan may be doing right now. What we do know is that he gets the job done and that whatever he is doing, it probably involves a cheerleader and a keg of moonshine! Nathan is there to get us out of trouble, when we were being chased and took the wrong turn and hit a dead end we called Nathan, when we came to the edge of that cliff in the rainforest and there was no bridge to the other side we called Nathan, and when we jumped out of that airplane at 30 thousand feet because we had no choice and no parachutes....that's right we called Nathan, basically he makes shit happen.

Machinesworking, now this guy doesn't really have a designation and you gotta make sure when you call him that you got a good reason.he's like an industrial remixer of sorts or handyman why? ............Because he's handy.... man :? You know a cleaner slash rearranger, picture Harvey keitel using digital performer in the rain and you're halfway there. He's the kinda cat that'll know you're a douchebag but won't tell you, he'll just let you find out for yourself. He's gonna provide us with a different interpretation of the understanding that we come up with.

That's the line up for now.

Ok glad we've got more time than Monday cause I'll be quite busy this weekend trying to explain to my mother exactly what happens to her email when she presses the send button.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:33 am

^ love the synapsis/Cliff's Notes, but when did machinesworking get involved?

not that I wouldn't dig it the most if he was, but I haven't seen him post?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:39 am

also, I can rhyme on topic but if we don't choose one... well... abstract it's gotta be...

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 am

I pm'd him and asked if he'd be down to do an industrial remix if we ever got this boat in the water and he said yes. :mrgreen:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:26 am

8)

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:52 pm

:)

I took the day off work/the forum yesterday. :x

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:47 am

vaguely hip hop track i just put up.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nicholasjasper/television
Last edited by rakim87 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

rebbud

Post by rebbud » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:10 am

starving student wrote:

Very nice String, I knew you were the one 8)
love the cracking beat

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:17 am

rakim87 wrote:vaguely hip hop track i just put up.

http://www.soundcloud.com/nicholasjasper/television
I like this .

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:20 am

The Hip-Hop Producers were all rounded up last week, utilized in some govt. medical testing, and subsequently euthanized. I'll be damned if they didn't all come back as roving Dubstep zombies.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:26 am

a Styles you wanna get in on this, we still got room for some cuts on the 1s and 2s, still got room to drop samples and other instrumentation
I don't know what everybody thinks yet but guess we should take it to where ever we're gonna take it, share your thoughts if you're involved?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:40 am

+1 for Styles riffs