Where are all the Hip Hop Producers?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
rakim87

Re: Where are all the Hip Hop Producers?

Post by rakim87 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 pm

H20nly wrote:damn rakim... You leave a nasty taste in my mouth. I was paying you a compliment. You complain about destroying the community and act like a dickhead at the same time. self fulfilling prophecy much?

go ahead... align yourself with machinesfuckingoff... a mult... a login specifically created for the purpose of trolling and creating discord. maybe you two can pave the way to artistic direction together. Lashing out and being a fucking asshole is so much more esoteric.

Heaven forbid some of us come together and make some music... absurd!
it does not read as a compliment in the slightest. i'm not aligning myself with anyone either.

it's really just constant negativity on here. i think i'll just go somewhere with good vibes.
ImageImage

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:06 am

"I'm leaving this forum" - funken
"I'm leaving this forum" - Myrnova
"I'm leaving this forum" - Rakim

"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Steve Ballmer wrote:"I'm leaving this forum" - funken
"I'm leaving this forum" - Myrnova
"I'm leaving this forum" - Rakim

i didn't say i was leaving the forum. i'm just not wasting my time in the lounge anymore. way to prove my point about constant negativity with a lame meme. hahahaha. associating me with myrnova and funken just shows that you're unfamiliar.
ImageImage

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:41 pm

rakim87 wrote:i didn't say i was leaving the forum. i'm just not wasting my time in the lounge anymore. way to prove my point about constant negativity with a lame meme. hahahaha. associating me with myrnova and funken just shows that you're unfamiliar.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Steve Ballmer wrote:
rakim87 wrote:i didn't say i was leaving the forum. i'm just not wasting my time in the lounge anymore. way to prove my point about constant negativity with a lame meme. hahahaha. associating me with myrnova and funken just shows that you're unfamiliar.
lol
ImageImage

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:41 am

rakim87 wrote:
Steve Ballmer wrote:
lol

Right. Lol. :|

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:57 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:

wtf? where is that tension even coming from. i've never said shit to you. people on here are really just looking to vent.
ImageImage

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 am

rakim87 wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:

wtf? where is that tension even coming from. i've never said shit to you. people on here are really just looking to vent.

rakim - I'm just goofin on you, buddy. That SpongeBob thing cracked me up so I figured I'd chime in with a bit of additional humor. No problems, and no - we have no issues. Stay as long as you wish. I would agree that there seems to be a general heightened sense of mean-spirited tone in the Lounge lately - probably due to the sudden appearance of all the "Faux-Alts" which is seriously lame, but maybe a sign that things have gotten slow and stale.

Cheers, brutha :)

rakim87

Post by rakim87 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:55 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:
rakim87 wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:

rakim - I'm just goofin on you, buddy. That SpongeBob thing cracked me up so I figured I'd chime in with a bit of additional humor. No problems, and no - we have no issues. Stay as long as you wish. I would agree that there seems to be a general heightened sense of mean-spirited tone in the Lounge lately - probably due to the sudden appearance of all the "Faux-Alts" which is seriously lame, but maybe a sign that things have gotten slow and stale.

Cheers, brutha :)
hm, thank you for the that. say what you mean though... dumb meme or not it was getting harsh.
ImageImage

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 am

wtf? where is that tension even coming from. i've never said shit to you. people on here are really just looking to vent.[/quote]

Cheers, brutha :)[/quote]

hm, thank you for the that. say what you mean though... dumb meme or not it was getting harsh.[/quote]

Agreed. I think everyone needs to fire up a phatty.

Kushest

Post by Kushest » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:08 pm

I know this thread is old but I was doing some research and came across it and figured I would give my input to anyone new that stumbles upon it.

I am a rapper and producer, I do not use any loops whatsoever and every beat and sound you hear is crafted by me. With that out of the way...

I use reason to create all of my music and then rewire reason to ableton. I don't export the track from reason because I like the flexibility of being able to change anything in the song with just a few clicks.
I track my vocals in audacity and then import them into ableton.

I do all of my vocal work in ableton as well as mastering.

I've been working on this for a few years now and I think I'm finally getting to the point where I am getting the sound I've been looking for.

Whatever program you choose to use you can have a pretty similar outcome. To me , the main difference is workflow and that's why I choose to use the programs that I use. It would be great if ableton was made to be more vocal tracking and studio friendly. Then I think more hip hop producers would be using it. That is the only hard part about using it for hip hop. They can easily compete with pro tools on a hip hop level by focusing on these key areas that I've mentioned.

I can see why producers choose pro tools over ableton. Unfortunately, I can't afford a computer that will run it without hiccups. Ableton seems to be much easier on the cpu so I can throw a lot of plugins at it While running reason at the same time.

If you would like to hear some of my music then you can send me a message and I'll give you a link. I'm not the kind of guy to go spamming posts with links to "Check Out My Music".

Kushest

FAR OUT

Post by FAR OUT » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:12 am

Last edited by FAR OUT on Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:43 am

Per the forum guidelines, please do not post random pictures that have nothing to do with the conversation. We have a dedicated thread for that sort of thing if you really must:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=142730
Ableton Forum Administrator