To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:05 am

I want to apologize for some of my aggressive posting behavior. I really re-entered the forum some months ago to read the absolutely eloquent banter many of you fine gents put down. I like it here more that any spot online. I learn a lot about music here. I don;t know much about music cuz I've been up in other ppls music most of my life. I'm also onto some real creative music energy these days and ready to plink around with live again. Yes, I am a plinker. My plans are for some performances in the future and mangling stuff for my compositions as usual. That's it. I am no power user. But i've been using music software for a long time and I pick my weapons very thoughtfully because I like to commit deeply.

I didn't mean to get into it with my views on ableton's practices but I'm done with that. I just wanna hang out, steal your ideas and get ready to put my noise out there. I really love this program. Live and Ableton are two different things for me. Kinda like dating a hot girl with an unreasonable father.

Please, I know most of you don't give a shit. But I won't be blasting Ableton anymore. I hope that makes one or two of you sad though :D

Thank you bros' and bro-ettes'

myrnova
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by myrnova » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:20 am

Image

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:06 am

thank goodness

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:09 am

dude, for real, blast ableton all you want about whatever you want. But why does it have to be about who has more experience or merit when someone disagrees with you? That's my complaint.

I don't believe in this narrative of power users vs. fanboys. I am offended when you imply that just because i disagree with you, i am guilty of holding back the development of the software. I am offended when you imply that I or other users are beneath your level of experience just because they disagree with you.

I am not blowing smoke up your ass when i say that i genuinely respect you. I know how hard it is to do the kind of work that you have done. I am sure that you could school my ass about a lot of shit. But I'm pretty sure i could teach you a thing or two as well. But that exchange of information will never be possible if its more important to say snarky shit about other users.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Forge.
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:16 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by Forge. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:15 am

knotkranky wrote:Live and Ableton are two different things for me. Kinda like dating a hot girl with an unreasonable father.
I've missed the drama you're referring to, I just wanted to give you a LOL for this metaphor: :lol:

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:03 am

lm, i don't like trying to fight for every scrap of understanding with you. You like to misrep my context. I'm looking for consensus. I'm glad you're offended, cuz you require that to listen to people, but not so much that you miss my meaning. You are off in the weeds about me so I'm done with debating you. You simply fight the points that have value to me, and I can't abide. These are my points and I don't care if my ass is hanging out for them either. I don't change my mind that way.

My point is very valid. Fanboys would be better off following the power users and not the very company driving some of us and those power-users nuts. There are some real smart users on this board, but they are virtually silent because of ignorant posters. Be offended, but don't be surprised. There is a contingent here that's possibly 5% of the board with 10 fold the experience, ymmv. Close enough for the point. I'm looking for the 5% and I want their requests heard the most. But that's not happening, and it sucks. That's the internet though.

That offense you feel is plugging up your ears real bad. You don't know it, but I'm trying to help. And yes, you already have taught me plenty. Again, you consider an omission as an assault. Your propensity is to react, not to respond. Yes my friend, you have amazing chops, especially with synths. Sensi. Now, If we only had some power users as aggressive as you, the rest of us would have something imho.

You won;t be satisfied with that, but please brother.

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:04 am

Forge. wrote:
knotkranky wrote:Live and Ableton are two different things for me. Kinda like dating a hot girl with an unreasonable father.
I've missed the drama you're referring to, I just wanted to give you a LOL for this metaphor: :lol:
:D

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:40 am

knotkranky wrote: My point is very valid. Fanboys would be better off following the power users and not the very company driving some of us and those power-users nuts. There are some real smart users on this board, but they are virtually silent because of ignorant posters. Be offended, but don't be surprised. There is a contingent here that's possibly 5% of the board with 10 fold the experience, ymmv. Close enough for the point. I'm looking for the 5% and I want their requests heard the most. But that's not happening, and it sucks. That's the internet though.

See, here's my problem, that's a bunch of bullshit. Who exactly are fanboys? Who exactly are "power users?" Who are these super geniuses who don't post here because someone objects to one of your opinions? I can tell you that it's attitudes like yours that keep me from spending as much time as i used to on this forum. You don't like ME, but could you consider the possibility that i'm not the only one bothered by that sort of attitude? And who are the 5% who are good enough for you to respect the requests of? Are you deciding that?
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:47 am

Image

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:10 am

People buying the software, pros or not, is what builds the capital that affords ableton to develop better stuff for all of us to use. Do you really think that live isn't getting better every release?
Whatever you may think, can you at least admit that it can do a hell of a lot more now than it did 10 years ago?

Would live really be better if only the features you thought were important were added and in the order that you deem correct? why?

I just don't see any evidence that amateur users are holding back the development of the app, or unduly watering down the feature pool. Max for live is a pretty big deal and thats not a feature that was added for plinkers.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

jaakked
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by jaakked » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 am

I've never read your posts nor am I offended but I'll take over bitching for you.

Ableton's not perfect but they do amazing work.
A little constructive (subjective term) can be useful and lead open minds to the right
moves(sometimes).

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:24 am

If some producer comes up with some posting here on this forum and I would find out he made a few bucks with working for a (whats his name) Puff Deddy or a Justin Bieber I wouldnt give a shit for what he had to say. Really.

rote fahne
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by rote fahne » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 am

knotkranky wrote:steal your ideas
I hired a coder who succeeded to get vsts running in reason on a linux platform.

Dont tell anybody.

I use cubase btw. I'm only here for debating, the more wrong I am, the harder I insist to be right.

simpli.cissimus
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by simpli.cissimus » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:17 pm

rote fahne wrote:I hired a coder who succeeded to get vsts running in reason on a linux platform.
PROOF :?:
No! I'll never use the Push-App Live 9 !!!

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: To those it may concern. No more bitching for me.

Post by knotkranky » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:54 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:People buying the software, pros or not, is what builds the capital that affords ableton to develop better stuff for all of us to use. Do you really think that live isn't getting better every release? As a solid platform, It barely matures. It's always bratty as all fuck. Fanboys don't care tho.
Whatever you may think, can you at least admit that it can do a hell of a lot more now than it did 10 years ago? Yes, it does more.

Would live really be better if only the features you thought were important were added and in the order that you deem correct? why? I don't want more features,It's already an 89 blade swiss army knife. i want a mature solid Ableton Live platform that doesn't aggravate me every 'new features' release. In comparison to other music software, it really stands out in this regard,

I just don't see any evidence that amateur users are holding back the development of the app, or unduly watering down the feature pool. Max for live is a pretty big deal and thats not a feature that was added for plinkers. I never said that, that's not what i'm communicating, you have no ears, you don't consider the context, you cherry pick the best car wreck you can put together, you are king of the fanboys and that evidence is overwhelming. You are the central cpu for the Live-Borg. Resistance is most futile to say the least. Yes, max is truly fucking awesome you nutter.

Post Reply