Last poster in this thread needs to be ignored completely tx

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Post Reply
knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Last poster in this thread needs to be ignored completely tx

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:11 pm

How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate and define things?

I'm putting this question out as a way to discovery and my own education. I'm not looking to bait conversation towards my side, but I do have suggestions that I hope can be considered or parts borrowed towards a consensus. If such a thing is possible. If not? Then it is what it is. Cool. I also generally like these kinds of social exercises. I learn lots.

Ok, It's understood that this forum is "self moderated" but I don't take that as "Individually moderated" I believe the "self" in self moderated is "the forum" as a whole. Or at least a group of those with something to say about it.

After watching lots of Kung Fu movies of small villages getting f'd up by individuals or gangs, I like how they dealt with things on a village consensus. Or how a group of long-timers dealt with the nuances of the village.

So, in that same spirit of village/forum, I have a solution that fits my reasonable sensibilities. At least I think they are ).

Anybody that has a soft spot for mrynova can take responsibility for him. I say ban the noise-maker, but funken and shadx312 can give myrnova their emails as a way for the dude to rejoin the forum if he is actually serious. The dude has a good brain and can make good choices, but he's choosing not to. If he is serious in participating, those who believe in him can deal with his emancipation. This is reasonable.

@ myrnova - dude, you dropped a paragraph on shadx312 that revealed that you are together and smart. You also have made your love for reasonable westerners known, tho .0000001% the volume to negative. So now you are really on the hook as far as this old rice farmer is concerned. You probably don't know it, but you've stumbled into a self moderated forum. You've been kicked out of the rest by company appointed moderators. But this place is muuuuch more open. You're pissing in the very spot that's perfect for you. And the reasonable americans you barely speak of, are in here. Calm down and understand your new pals. If that's what we be.

Anybody?
Last edited by knotkranky on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Eh, as far as self-moderation, people behave how they'll behave, and ultimately David is the current village elder, and, as wise elders tend to operate, they let nature take it's course and only intervene when things get really out of hand. Any group that wants to pretend they have som epower under that is like of hall-monitor or neighborhood-watch consensus which seems self-serving. Add together some sort of power-tripping chest-puffing mentality to the confines of an internet forum; it's nothing to be proud of.

Just by this thread being born because of Myrnova puts him on a pedestal, and calling him out with broken down analyses gives him more power and self-satisfaction, which is counter-productive to your goal.
He's exercising his freedoms here, and it's probably healthier for him to do that here than if he got banned again whether he had somewhere else to go or not.
Just think of it in terms of if he had a loved one who got killed by a drone or soldier; he has to vent.
It's poison we can handle, no matter how much it makes Dhilsabeks Sacred Thread a total downer.
Not to mention of all the people who have the choice to speak against him, there's only a handful who have made it an issue.
Plus, it'd be less exciting around here.
So I think it's better just to ride it out and choose whether or not to respond than force him out.
And again, that's ultimately not our choice.
ImageImage

myrnova
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by myrnova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Sorry, I don't understand your logic. I have a much more simple opinion about freedom. For me, the only rule in a forum is this: be respectful, don't hurt people calling them names or being harsh, offensive, calling them "sociopathic", "mong", "obsessive", "troll" etc. only because they have different minds. Of course I am a libertarian, so I don't feel to be "offensive" when I post some pictures against war, racism, the bloody church, underground art or beautiful women, free sex, riots etc. But I understand some people can be sensitive. In this case just ask me to delete it, and I will. One guy (I don't remember who, maybe H20, but I am not sure) asked me gently to delete some abu grhaib images (american soldiers torturing innocent people) and a photo with poor afghan children murdered by american soldiers. He said it was graphic and asked me to delete them. You should understand that here, in Italy we are a little bit more "liberated" than you, we have no "puritanism" culture etc. Just this. So, being this an international forum, I realize maybe some pictures might be "strong" for sensitive people.

For the rest, I don't think people want me to be banned for "trolling" or "being offensive", because I am not. They just want me to be banned because I write uncomfortable truths about their country that they cannot accept. I already explained why (brainstorming, propaganda, nationalism, sometimes ignorance, etc.). Of course, the day the moderator here will ban me, I won't die! Just proves I am right.

I just want to let you know that all the offenses and/or racial jokes about my country, supposed mental illness etc. that I get from american people and/or trolls here are harmless for me. Not because I am "smart", but because I have a libertarian attitude and can see well they are just reacting in that way because they feel weak. In worst cases they are simply far-rightish (mccock, loopst etc.), so, in that case, I don't give a fuck about their opinion.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Food for thought
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:39 pm

I really expect my thread to be of no consequence. I relish the definition though. It's different for many i suspect.
shadx312 wrote:Eh, as far as self-moderation, people behave how they'll behave, and ultimately David is the current village elder, and, as wise elders tend to operate, they let nature take it's course and only intervene when things get really out of hand.
Regardless, ableton doesn't care about the constant hijacking of good convo. This does not fall into their concern. David doesn't use this forum. I'm noticing good posters dropping out of not bothering.

Any group that wants to pretend they have som epower under that is like of hall-monitor or neighborhood-watch consensus which seems self-serving. Add together some sort of power-tripping chest-puffing mentality to the confines of an internet forum; it's nothing to be proud of.
No, democracy is alright here.
Just by this thread being born because of Myrnova puts him on a pedestal, and calling him out with broken down analyses gives him more power and self-satisfaction, which is counter-productive to your goal.


I'll accept anything. Really. And the pedestal is in individuals' minds. Myrnova's own sense of pedestal is of no concern either. That point simply doesn't matter.

He's exercising his freedoms here, and it's probably healthier for him to do that here than if he got banned again whether he had somewhere else to go or not.
Just think of it in terms of if he had a loved one who got killed by a drone or soldier; he has to vent.
Then he should vent it. You are a very patient forgiving chap. I really like what you throw down in just about every thread you participate in. But your high tolerance for patience trumps those who have a lower one. Simply put, the person who wants it the least also controls the outcome most. That said, there are good chaps in here in wheelchairs, ill or abused to name a few. getting on with class just fine. Everybody has it rough. It should be leveled that way.

It's poison we can handle, no matter how much it makes Dhilsabeks Sacred Thread a total downer.
Not to mention of all the people who have the choice to speak against him, there's only a handful who have made it an issue.
Don't let silence fool you into that. Many who are annoyed and won't express it. I truly speculate that tho. I hope this will fish out some. If not, i'll consider myself educated.


Plus, it'd be less exciting around here.
So I think it's better just to ride it out and choose whether or not to respond than force him out.
Not a single thing exciting about it. It's pedantic noise in high-jacked threads i would like to participate in. I will simply bow out or throw out simplified one-liners at best. That;s not a threat, lol. but par for the course for others i'm suspecting.

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:42 pm

myrnova wrote:Sorry, I don't understand your logic. I have a much more simple opinion about freedom. For me, the only rule in a forum is this: be respectful, don't hurt people calling them names or being harsh, offensive, calling them "sociopathic", "mong", "obsessive", "troll" etc. only because they have different minds. Of course I am a libertarian, so I don't feel to be "offensive" when I post some pictures against war, racism, the bloody church, underground art or beautiful women, free sex, riots etc. But I understand some people can be sensitive. In this case just ask me to delete it, and I will. One guy (I don't remember who, maybe H20, but I am not sure) asked me gently to delete some abu grhaib images (american soldiers torturing innocent people) and a photo with poor afghan children murdered by american soldiers. He said it was graphic and asked me to delete them. You should understand that here, in Italy we are a little bit more "liberated" than you, we have no "puritanism" culture etc. Just this. So, being this an international forum, I realize maybe some pictures might be "strong" for sensitive people.

For the rest, I don't think people want me to be banned for "trolling" or "being offensive", because I am not. They just want me to be banned because I write uncomfortable truths about their country that they cannot accept. I already explained why (brainstorming, propaganda, nationalism, sometimes ignorance, etc.). Of course, the day the moderator here will ban me, I won't die! Just proves I am right.

I just want to let you know that all the offenses and/or racial jokes about my country, supposed mental illness etc. that I get from american people and/or trolls here are harmless for me. Not because I am "smart", but because I have a libertarian attitude and can see well they are just reacting in that way because they feel weak. In worst cases they are simply far-rightish (mccock, loopst etc.), so, in that case, I don't give a fuck about their opinion.
Good post. I'm not with you on some of it. But i know a good post when I see one. Ya need to know who's in here before you pull out the bazooka. I for one are in agreement with much you post. But start your own threads man. Invite us in. Stop high-jacking. Please.

myrnova
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by myrnova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:53 pm

shadx312 wrote:Well if someone is inconsiderate, disregards specific explanations or flat out doesn't read what other people have to say, that's either being super-asshole or lacking in some typical brain functions so whether it's one or the other, I consider it a mental illness. If you did read what some people have told you, you wouldn't have wrote some of what you wrote, like "being sensitive" to certain pictures.

Broken record redundancy is basically short for insanity.
At least if you're going to be in the loony bin, learn to play well with others.
I think you don't consider the fact that I don't speak english well: I read, write and speak it i guess 50-60% slower than you, maybe more: it's like you are running on a car and I am riding a bike. You get the sense of words immediately, while sometimes I have to read things two times and often come back to correct my mistakes when I write posts. You claim I am "obsessive" because redundant and so on, but you don't consider the fact I haven't a huge vocabolary and can't express concept in english with the same complexity I would do in italian. You are a little bit superficial judging people in that harsh way, calling them "Soffering of ADHD disorder" or such. As I said yet, I would leave ill people in peace. Firstly because it is not elegant at all. And, to be fair, it is not even offensive in the terms you would like to be, because I don't consider those disorders "something to be ashamed or to be mocked for" (otherwise I don't understand why the fuck are you calling me in that way.... I doubt you like me and want to help me, right?). Besides, I could be really ill. In this case I would call you "an idiot". But I know you are not serious, so I don't call you an idiot, I just consider your lack of sensitivity/sense of humor.

In conclusion, don't you think you are giving me too much importance? It is embarassing... :roll:
Last edited by myrnova on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by andydes » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:58 pm

shadx312 wrote: It's poison we can handle, no matter how much it makes Dhilsabeks Sacred Thread a total downer.
I think we should put our foot down on this one and get everyone to agree that the random picture thread is hallowed ground and cannot be shat on.

Other than that, carry on as normal.

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:05 pm

^ yeah, that one bugs me the most. It was my fave thread.

Not to mention the offensive photos in high-jacked threads. I can ignore text just fine.

myrnova
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by myrnova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 pm

knotkranky wrote:^ yeah, that one bugs me the most. It was my fave thread.

Not to mention the offensive photos in high-jacked threads. I can ignore text just fine.
Are you kind of a priest, a christian or something? Those "blasphemous" (...) pictures about the pope are taken from an art show, it is a museum in Milan. Here it is considered "modern art". If you feel hurt, just don't watch them. I mean, I feel "hurt" when I hear neonazi music on air or glance at american war propaganda movies on TV, too. I just change station, clik. So, come on. Are you underage or smth?! 8O

knotkranky
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: la

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by knotkranky » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:20 pm

myrnova wrote:
knotkranky wrote:^ yeah, that one bugs me the most. It was my fave thread.

Not to mention the offensive photos in high-jacked threads. I can ignore text just fine.
Are you kind of a priest, a christian or something? Those "blasphemous" (...) pictures about the pope are taken from an art show, it is a museum in Milan. Here it is considered "modern art". If you feel hurt, just don't watch them. I mean, I feel "hurt" when I hear neonazi music on air or glance at american war propaganda movies on TV, too. I just change station, clik. So, come on. Are you underage or smth?! 8O
That's fine, but you don't post good photos in that thread at all. Boring. No effort, mostly protest and boring.

Also, if you post offensive photo's into a thread you high-jacked, then they can't be ignored. mkay

Do what real men do. POST YOUR OWN THREAD.

C'mon man, don't be such a coward.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11105
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:22 pm

andydes wrote:
shadx312 wrote: It's poison we can handle, no matter how much it makes Dhilsabeks Sacred Thread a total downer.
I think we should put our foot down on this one and get everyone to agree that the random picture thread is hallowed ground and cannot be shat on.

Other than that, carry on as normal.
I don't mind his posts in the random image thread.
Some are good some are not, only Dhilsabecks posts are consistently great.

The only thing I mind in that thread is long conversations between people where they don't post images, or consistent reposts of images with "funny" or "Cool" etc. adding nothing to the thread.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:37 pm

hm
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

myrnova
Posts: 6451
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by myrnova » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:45 pm

knotkranky wrote:
myrnova wrote:
knotkranky wrote:^ yeah, that one bugs me the most. It was my fave thread.

Not to mention the offensive photos in high-jacked threads. I can ignore text just fine.
Are you kind of a priest, a christian or something? Those "blasphemous" (...) pictures about the pope are taken from an art show, it is a museum in Milan. Here it is considered "modern art". If you feel hurt, just don't watch them. I mean, I feel "hurt" when I hear neonazi music on air or glance at american war propaganda movies on TV, too. I just change station, clik. So, come on. Are you underage or smth?! 8O
That's fine, but you don't post good photos in that thread at all. Boring. No effort, mostly protest and boring.

Also, if you post offensive photo's into a thread you high-jacked, then they can't be ignored. mkay

Do what real men do. POST YOUR OWN THREAD.

C'mon man, don't be such a coward.
?... 8O What the fuck are you talking about? "offensive photos"?! The only "offensive" photo could be the one with the pope, but that is modern art. For the rest, you mistook user, or you are just trolling (as i suspect).

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: How should this "self moderated forum" self-moderate?

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 pm

lollipops and rainbows
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Post Reply