Don't refuse the breathalyzer, or this could happen ...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

crofter

Re: Don't refuse the breathalyzer, or this could happen ...

Post by crofter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:00 am

Fair enough.
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:35 am

This is happening in Georga aka tha dirty south were all the crazy shit that government does originates from. I lived In Alabama for 2 years when I was a kid and 2 more years when I was in my early 20's and experienced many backwards hard headed fuck ups. Its not uncommon there to have the police randomly blocking off roads to check peoples licenses and to check for warrants. I actually was arrested In Alabama at one of these roadblocks and thrown in jail because of a simple traffic ticket that I acquired while driving back home to Michigan ( The original ticket was for driving without I.D. and I was pulled over because the cop couldn't find the expiration date on my out of state tag)
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:38 am

it looks pretty hard core - but then I guess it would be easier to just accept the breathalyzer, unless you actually have been drinking in which case... well fair enough really

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:51 am

I was going to repost this video on Facebook then I started thinking 'how real is this video'
knowing that it comes from fox and knowing that a cop recorded it, how do I know the legitimacy of the video? Is the media trying to get people to revolt or is the media trying to get people to repost so the government cant keep even stronger tabs on people who are likely to revolt.

Why would the police let that video out? Its obviously going to piss a lot of people off.
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 am

nathannn wrote:I was going to repost this video on Facebook then I started thinking 'how real is this video'
knowing that it comes from fox and knowing that a cop recorded, how do I know the legitimacy of the video? Is the media trying to get people to revolt or is the media trying to get people to repost so the government cant keep even stronger tabs on people who are likely to revolt.

Why would the police let that video out? Its obviously going to piss a lot of people off.
or they are trying to scare people into submission

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:04 pm

8O :mrgreen: (sorry)
This is supposed to be "shocking" in the U.S.A.? ... wow :lol:

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:09 pm

myrnova wrote:8O :mrgreen: (sorry)
Anything that defiles human dignity should always be seen as shocking.

no computers or synths

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 pm

nathannn wrote:
Wait, a staged propaganda "report" with a guy screaming "hey, i am not a taliban or smth, those you can torture, kill and piss on their heads! I am a citizen of the USA like you!!!"... In a country where those elastic bands keeping drunk people calm are used to KILL (often innocent) people via poison in their veins and electricity... and that is supposed to be perceived "scary" and "shocking"?... :lol: Very "disturbing" yeah :roll:

"but... what a country is thiiis?" - America, my friend :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Nathannn. I think you are on the wrong side of this scenario. Police often film their handling of belligerent drunks for legal reasons. About the only way to get out of DUIs is on some technicality like the police didn’t read you your rights, malfunctioning breathalyzer, or blood sample contamination. Never mind the fact that the person was insanely drunk and a danger to themselves and others. You really want to rally for drunk drivers?

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm

beats me wrote:Nathannn. I think you are on the wrong side of this scenario. Police often film their handling of belligerent drunks for legal reasons. About the only way to get out of DUIs is on some technicality like the police didn’t read you your rights, malfunctioning breathalyzer, or blood sample contamination. Never mind the fact that the person was insanely drunk and a danger to themselves and others. You really want to rally for drunk drivers?
I want to rally for anyone who wants to refuse the breathalizer test. If they dont want to take the test suspend their licenses but they have no right to strap them down and draw blood from them. That is very extreme.

Southern states believe they are above the law and can have random roadblocks to check i.d.'s and check for the big bad druggies.
1. I dont belive we should have to have an I.D. nor a lisence to drive a car.. If I can drive there is my lisence
2. I dont feel its anyone else's business if some one feels like doing drugs
3. More people die in regular accidents than people die in drunk driving related accidents, the risk comes from sitting in something moving at high speeds that is a couple tons of metal.

no computers or synths

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:43 pm

myrnova wrote:
nathannn wrote:
Wait, a staged propaganda "report" with a guy screaming "hey, i am not a taliban or smth, those you can torture, kill and piss on their heads! I am a citizen of the USA like you!!!"... In a country where those elastic bands keeping drunk people calm are used to KILL (often innocent) people via poison in their veins and electricity... and that is supposed to be perceived "scary" and "shocking"?... :lol: Very "disturbing" yeah :roll:

I do get your point and find it funny
But I dont think you get my point that its disturbing that its happening. Not that its happening to an "American" (there is no country called America btw,) but that it is happening.
The same outrage is felt no matter who abuse is happening to.

no computers or synths

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:45 pm

nathannn wrote:
myrnova wrote:Wait, a staged propaganda "report" with a guy screaming "hey, i am not a taliban or smth, those you can torture, kill and piss on their heads! I am a citizen of the USA like you!!!"... In a country where those elastic bands keeping drunk people calm are used to KILL (often innocent) people via poison in their veins and electricity... and that is supposed to be perceived "scary" and "shocking"?... :lol: Very "disturbing" yeah :roll:

I do get your point and find it funny
But I dont think you get my point that its disturbing that its happening. Not that its happening to an "American" (there is no country called America btw,) but that it is happening.
The same outrage is felt no matter who abuse is happening to.
So, you mean under nazi regime german people found it "shocking"?... Seems you don't REALLY realize what the U.S.A. are today... :roll: And it is not meant to be "funny" at all, alas. Take the poor drunk people/actors tied and screaming "shame" as an allegory of how the U.S.A. behave (the police) and the rest of the world...
Last edited by myrnova on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arafel

Post by arafel » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:49 pm

The one guy abandoned his 'human dignity' when he grew a pony tail. :wink:
but ya...
Frak drunk drivers.

Basic stuff..FFS
Take a cab after drinking.
No talking crazy stuff in an airport.
Dont play with matches.
Be stupid in the comfort of your own home.

Nathannn..
You are entitled to any belief..and Ill stand up to defend you to have that belief.
You may not believe in a drivers license..
but operate a 'couple tons' of machine near me or mine...and I want you competent and alert. Hence a license and no drinking/ drugs behind the wheel.
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 pm

By the way, in regards of drunk drivers, I personally would not only tie them and prick, no matter what they scream. I would kick them in the ass and no more driving license. I mean: NO MORE. "Take the bus, idiot".