Logic Pro X

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
knotkranky

Re: Logic Pro X

Post by knotkranky » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:49 pm

myrnova wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
myrnova wrote: On the contrary, I have been using it "on a personal level" since 1997 (professional studios, not my bedroom). And you sound like a sort of fanboy or smth. :lol:
You're a european "pro" who thinks Nuendo is the "standard", then relents that Pro Tools is, and claims to be a long time user... yeah right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nuendo, Sequoia, whatever. They do the same work as your beloved Protools. The quality is not because of the "latency" ( :lol: ), but because of the AD/DA convertors. Regarding the "standard" i already explained why protools is considered "a standard". It is like photoshop, acrobat, microsoft office, etc. It is "taken for granted" and studios are "conservative" (musicians asking for "protools" because they heard "it's the best" and crap like this :lol: ). Years ago it was useful because of the possibility to exchange and share recordings among studios and musicians. Not nowadays. Everything is "top quality", does not matter the software you use. Regarding the hardware, Protools does not make convertors... Ask Apogee or similar :roll:
this fool is crazy ignorant.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:14 am

myrnova wrote:because of the AD/DA convertors.
Complete horseshit.

If converters were the big deciding factor then the big studios would be using shit like Prism.

http://www.prismsound.com/music_recordi ... s_home.php
Unsound Designer

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:26 am

stringtapper wrote:
myrnova wrote:because of the AD/DA convertors.
Complete horseshit.

If converters were the big deciding factor then the big studios would be using shit like Prism.

http://www.prismsound.com/music_recordi ... s_home.php

The guy talks about "latency" as if we were in 1999. It was the main factor because studios were becoming "digital" (from "analog") and at that time a pc had the same power of an iPad. Nowadays the difference is not because of "latency", everything can be done native with a decent pc. No need of external boards. The difference is because of convertors. "Protools", Nuendo, Sequoia, Soundscape, whatever. They do all the same thing, and the results are IDENTICAL.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:46 am

myrnova wrote: "Protools", Nuendo, Sequoia, Soundscape, whatever. They do all the same thing, and the results are IDENTICAL.
knotkranky wrote:this fool is crazy ignorant.
Agreed, myrnova is an arrogant ignoramus.

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:36 am

i really like logic pro X. a lot of improvements.
F$&@ You KATO....OJ's favorite Mac shortcut is COMMAND-X (hahaha)

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:53 pm

Every time I start Logic X it tells me it needs to scan 39 plugins. It should have scanned/disabled those on the first startup but it’s doing it every time. I didn't have that problem with 9. How do I get it to knock it off?

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:54 pm

myrnova wrote:And you sound like a sort of fanboy or smth
is that you 3phase?!?!??
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm

beats me wrote:Every time I start Logic X it tells me it needs to scan 39 plugins. It should have scanned/disabled those on the first startup but it’s doing it every time. I didn't have that problem with 9. How do I get it to knock it off?
?
ImageImage

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 pm

beats me wrote:Every time I start Logic X it tells me it needs to scan 39 plugins. It should have scanned/disabled those on the first startup but it’s doing it every time. I didn't have that problem with 9. How do I get it to knock it off?
It's because of a software called "automap"... :roll:
Are you playing novation gear or smth?

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:23 pm

i really like logic pro X. a lot of improvements.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:24 pm

myrnova wrote:
It's because of a software called "automap"... :roll:
Are you playing novation gear or smth?

SHIT! They are Automap. How do I stop that shit?

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:32 pm

there is nothing to do, alas. Try acting in the environment, but I doubt it will work. I remember they had a solution (downloading via novation forum or smth) for logic9, but did not work. The best solution is: uninstall automap, or change daw.

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:40 pm

i really like automap and logic X

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 pm

i'm blow away by Logic X and automap! it's almost as good as Pro Tools... but not quite.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:18 pm

myrnova wrote:there is nothing to do, alas. Try acting in the environment, but I doubt it will work. I remember they had a solution (downloading via novation forum or smth) for logic9, but did not work. The best solution is: uninstall automap, or change daw.

Strange I didn’t have this problem with 9 but do with X. Sounds like something Apple needs to fix with an update. Can I just toss the offending automap plugins (it does make duplicates of plugs that aren’t automap, right?) or can tell the automap software to not start on its own anytime I launch a DAW?