Country is the new rock

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Country is the new rock

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:22 pm

Been listening to the Today’s Country Hits on the Songza app for the past couple hours. It’s quite rockin’ and I like a lot of it. Either it’s good or I’m just sick of everything else out there. Or both.

But now I suddenly want to buy a Ford F150. :x

Styles Bitchly

Re: Country is the new rock

Post by Styles Bitchly » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 pm

I'd rather enjoy seeing and hearing Keith Urban and Tim McGraw team up to belt out a Chickin Pickin Dubstep Duet as Faith Hill and Nicole Kidman perform nude synchronized pole dancing in the backdrop. This could be the atart of an entire new genre. Call it "Countstep"

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:I'd rather enjoy seeing and hearing Keith Urban and Tim McGraw team up to belt out a Chickin Pickin Dubstep Duet as Faith Hill and Nicole Kidman perform nude synchronized pole dancing in the backdrop. This could be the atart of an entire new genre. Call it "Countstep"
Bitch, you trippin'. 8O
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 pm

what's next, Bieber reggae? Gaga Opera?

beats you need to get laid.*

it's the only conclusion i can come to.

*PRO tip: get an F250 to make the rednecks swoon harder.

andydes

Post by andydes » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:I'd rather enjoy seeing and hearing Keith Urban and Tim McGraw team up to belt out a Chickin Pickin Dubstep Duet as Faith Hill and Nicole Kidman perform nude synchronized pole dancing in the backdrop. This could be the atart of an entire new genre. Call it "Countstep"
Are you pronouncing the count in countstep the same as the count in country? Let's just lose the o, so we're all clear.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:22 pm

H20nly wrote:
beats you need to get laid.*
Well this song makes me think about getting laid more than anything electronica or pop has been tossing in my ears lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1C3mVUkAt8

But maybe I'm confusing getting laid with dancing around in a open field followed by a steak dinner and game of pool. It's been awhile.

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:30 pm

F$&@ You KATO....OJ's favorite Mac shortcut is COMMAND-X (hahaha)

OJ KARDASHIAN

Post by OJ KARDASHIAN » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:32 pm

F$&@ You KATO....OJ's favorite Mac shortcut is COMMAND-X (hahaha)

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 am

andydes wrote:
Are you pronouncing the count in countstep the same as the count in country? Let's just lose the o, so we're all clear.
Correct. I was wondering how long it would be till an inquiring mind.....inquired.

If we were to lose the "o", then we'd have to go before Congress and deal with fuckin Tipper Gore, have the RIAA print up special and more costly warning labels at a nickel a pop, and worry about Wal-Mart not wanting to distribute our limited RUN "signed release" Duet/Video bundle (3.2 million units). Of course there's that entire "Clean as a Cowboy's Smile" wholesome thing which most rednecks and hayseeds associate with "Their Genre" as opposed to the left leaning minority who tend towards the "Sweaty Stuble Encrusted Booze Soaked Willy Nelson" image. No, prolly better keep that "o" in thar. :)

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:18 am

OJ KARDASHIAN wrote:Image
Sharon Stone was once briefly married to Dwight Yolkum.....for about 3.5 hours or something like that. Anyhoo, regarding Dwight, Stone remarked after the promptly arranged divorce "being with that creep was like eating a dirt sandwich".

Man - that must've been some kinda whirlwind courtship. :mrgreen:

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:18 am

OJ KARDASHIAN wrote:Image
Sharon Stone was once briefly married to Dwight Yolkum.....for about 3.5 hours or something like that. Anyhoo, regarding Dwight, Stone remarked after the promptly arranged divorce "being with that creep was like eating a dirt sandwich".

Man - that must've been some kinda whirlwind courtship. :mrgreen:

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:23 am

Steve Ballmer wrote:
Bitch, you trippin'. 8O

....and the issue with seeing a nude Nicole Kidman loving on a pole would be....what exactly? :o :?

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:14 am

Styles Bitchly wrote:
Steve Ballmer wrote:
Bitch, you trippin'. 8O

....and the issue with seeing a nude Nicole Kidman loving on a pole would be....what exactly? :o :?
About 30 years.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:38 am

beats me wrote:
Well this song makes me think about getting laid more than anything electronica or pop has been tossing in my ears lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1C3mVUkAt8
I lasted over a minute, because I trusted you.. :x :x :x :x

avart

Post by avart » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:42 am

well, I don't like country at all but since I saw the film "Country Strong" four Garrett Hedlund-tracks stuck with me:

Chances Are
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y1yFRttwuo

Hide Me Babe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dR2TwLoUk

Give In to Me (with Leighton Meester)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxABe31hlIU

and finally, the best of them:

Timing Is Everything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvN5IkJSktw

:oops: