"Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production

A =

Tinky Winky
4
24%
A
1
6%
A
2
12%
A
2
12%
A
8
47%
 
Total votes: 17

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Fixed. :x
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by H20nly » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:17 pm

i voted for "Jedi mind tricks" godammit, not A!

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:05 pm

H20nly wrote:i voted for "Jedi mind tricks" godammit, not A!
I think I'd make a poor dictator.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Steve Ballmer wrote:
H20nly wrote:i voted for "Jedi mind tricks" godammit, not A!
I think I'd make a poor dictator.
Caligula comes to mind.
Image

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Spot on.
ImageImage

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Steve: 2. you admit that your post was intentionally off-topic.

Funk: What we said were completely different things.

Good, so we agree. :lol:
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Steve Ballmer wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote:the science of revolution
And how many peer-reviewed scientific studies have been carried in the field of revolution? :roll:
Hundreds, with dire consequences if you get it wrong.
Name one.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: The debate that Funk N. Furter lost

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:36 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:It was predicted to fail if it remained isolated. But there was good reason to believe a socialist revolution would spread
So now you're saying that it wasn't predicted to fail. That's twice in two pages that you've done a 180. So not reckless then, just foolish. Got it. :lol:
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: The debate that Funk N. Furter lost

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:The revolution was predicted to fail if it remained isolated. In other words, if an advanced country did not join in.
Indeed, but as you say, it was predicted that an advanced country would join in, hence it was predicted to succeed.

Thus, Marxism predicted the success of the revolution. And if the revolution could prove Marxism, as you claim for reasons that defy both logic and science, then it must be also able to disprove Marxism.

We can thus reason, by following the logic of Boy-Genius Funk N, Imperial Wizard of the Hooded Order of Marxists, that the revolution disproved Marxism.

To sum up this incredibly simple logic, either:

1. The revolution was predicted to succeed, and Marxism is disproven, or
2. The revolution was predicted to fail, and the Marxists were a bunch of reckless idiots.

So which is it twinkletoes? Which one have you been saying for 30 years? :lol:
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

3rd 180:

Funk: "The revolution was predicted to fail."
Funk: "You can't predict something like a revolution."

This is simply. Too. Easy.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:07 pm

Image
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:His plans are that only a Soviet Russia could end the war, carry out land reform, and introduce elections.
This is an opinion, not a plan. You're cracking. :lol:
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Anything is easy when your debating consists of cherrypicking. But it means nothing.
I'm simply asking you to defend your claims, yet whenever you try, you systematically change what you are saying. This is called "running from the debate". Incidentally, according to Trotksy's text on A=!A, your distinction between is and is equal to is fallacious, and your attempts to explain that things can be and be equal to themselves for "an instant" makes you a sophist. His word, not mine.

So, according to the "fucking genius" Trotsky, you're a fallacious sophist. Seems about right, albeit a little superfluous. :lol:
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 am

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Steve Ballmer » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Funk N wrote:Hey look everybody, I don't know how to answer a simple question without posting strings of off-topic quotes!
:roll:
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Mint Invader
Posts: 1508
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: "Marxists are clueless" (Funk N. Furter)

Post by Mint Invader » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Can we just have a no holds bar cage match out in international waters and settle this once and for allski.
Because Whatever.

Post Reply