Lao Tzu Vs. Communism

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Steve Ballmer

Lao Tzu Vs. Communism

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:55 pm

"The way of nature is the way of the Tao. Therefore you cannot improve upon nature. Those who try to change it in the end destroy it. Those who try to grasp it cannot hold it.”

That is all.
Last edited by Steve Ballmer on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

Steve Ballmer

Re: Lao Tzu Vs. Communism

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:55 pm

:x
"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:14 pm

i think your definition of nature is faulty.

The most successful animal on the face of this planet is the Ant.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Ants kick ass.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:33 pm

At least until another kind of nature gets in the way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpniCBZYEU8
ImageImage

Heiko

Post by Heiko » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:37 pm

this - above ..... amazing
http://www.heikodijker.com
http://www.indianmusiccircle.com
Instead of thinking of Things you have to Think of Possibilities

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Steve Ballmer wrote:"The way of nature is the way of the Tao. Therefore you cannot improve upon nature. Those who try to change it in the end destroy it. Those who try to grasp it cannot hold it.”

That is all.
I'm not so certain that I see a valid basis for point-counterpoint on a religious-philosophical (Taoism) concept vs. a socio-political-economic thesis (Communism). One could argue that the radical, corrupt & repressive application of Communist precepts as extolled by Marx-Engels as it manifested itself in the form of the Soviet Union flew in the face of Taoism, but that's about as far as you can stretch it. It would be like debating the virtues of Thoreau vs. Stalin. That's all I've got to say about that.

cmcpress

Post by cmcpress » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Styles Bitchly wrote:
Steve Ballmer wrote:"The way of nature is the way of the Tao. Therefore you cannot improve upon nature. Those who try to change it in the end destroy it. Those who try to grasp it cannot hold it.”

That is all.
I'm not so certain that I see a valid basis for point-counterpoint on a religious-philosophical (Taoism) concept vs. a socio-political-economic thesis (Communism). One could argue that the radical, corrupt & repressive application of Communist precepts as extolled by Marx-Engels as it manifested itself in the form of the Soviet Union flew in the face of Taoism, but that's about as far as you can stretch it. It would be like debating the virtues of Thoreau vs. Stalin. That's all I've got to say about that.
[/img]
Fucking hell. That's two in a week! You're on a roll.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:18 pm

I think from what I read you saying (admittedly based largely on what I've read from you before) you might be insinuating that the "predatory" nature of the universe is unavoidable, there are predators and prey, therefore capitalism is the most natural system? I agree to an extent that capitalism is very natural. But I also would point out that, as was mentioned about the ants, the most social creatures are the most successful.

The very reason humans are successful is because we can work together.

Communism was meant to be an attempt at the prey trying to unite together against the predator. Like a clan hunting a Lion.

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:38 pm

cmcpress wrote:
Styles Bitchly wrote:

That is all.
[/img]
Fucking hell. That's two in a week! You're on a roll.
Why, thank you for that nice condiment. I have this Jekyll-Hyde affliction which shows itself once every year or so for a couple of days where I get introspective and analytical. Probably a spontaneous mutation. When it erupts, all of that suppressed shit I studied at USC for six years comes spewing like Krakatau. Outside of that, I generally rock out with my cock out, perfect the ubiquitous fart joke, and cruise for In 'N Out Burger pageant queens. :|

Styles Bitchly

Post by Styles Bitchly » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:55 pm

The more I contemplate this topic on the Tree of Woe, I'm drawn to the dire differences of Taoists and Commies with regards to the environment. California of course harbors the most tenacious and persistent of the tree-hugging corksniffer "Green Fags". Just saunter on into any Starbucks and you'll find plenty of them. Don't misunderstand me - I loath the asshole who leaves an empty KFC bucket in the parking lot too, but these Green morons are over the top. No doubt the progeny of the love children who took a little detour on the way to Woodstock. I'd love to round up a dumptruck load of 'em and teleport them back to '50's era Soviet Central Asia and observe the cause/effect of their protests as they watch the commies drain the Aral Sea...or better yet, Siberia - with rivers of hot crude spewing onto the permafrost. The Soviets as you well know had absolutely zero regard for the environment and the permanent damage done to a substantial portion of the earth's real estate is startling. Better yet, let's transport them to China and see how effective they are at halting the blasting of complete ancient mountain chains to make way for hydroelectric dams.

So the point of all of this is.....fuck, now I forgot. :cry:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:06 am

This may be your dumbest reason for not liking communism ever. Here's a great quote or two in line with Tzu:
Eternal Nature inexorably avenges the infringement of her commands.

THE WHOLE WORLD OF NATURE IS A MIGHTY STRUGGLE BETWEEN STRENGTH AND WEAKNESS - AN ETERNAL VICTORY OF THE STRONG OVER THE WEAK. There would be nothing but decay in the whole of Nature if this were not so. States which should offend against the elementary law would fall into decay.

Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
Just some right wing guy who lit up the world literally. He thought mankind should follow nature too, "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."

Anyone who thinks that the nature of man is only either to serve or to run free is completely missing one of mankind's two traits; to organize and to be independent.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:52 am

^ Indeed, it was Lao's most sincere wish that we burn synagogues. Because nature.

Disclaimer: I'm being sarcastic.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 am

^ If you're feeling uninspired, here're some easy-to-use templates you might enjoy: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=196431