The Lounge vs. 1 Italian 1 Cup

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
myrnova

Re: Carnagefest: coming to a mall near you.

Post by myrnova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:40 am

"Those of us"? Actually in this forum there are 8-9 people:

(1) italian
(1) from UK
(1) from switzerland (now pretending to be scottish or smth)
(5) from U.S.A.

Sometimes (1) from Australia and (1) from Ireland

That is why these threads about american crimes go on and on and on... because of you americans. Otherwise it had 3-4 pages. The reason is clear: you come in and don't even understand the ABC of american crimes... :roll:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:42 am

/sigh

"banale means poor flat "or smth". It's an italian word but it means - "or smth"

So you're you're not quite sure what you're own italian word means...

ba·nal
?b?nl,b??nal,-?näl/Submit
adjective
adjective: banal
so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
"songs with banal, repeated words"
synonyms: trite, hackneyed, clichéd, platitudinous, vapid, commonplace, ordinary, common, stock, conventional, stereotyped, overused, overdone, overworked, stale, worn out, timeworn, tired, threadbare, hoary, hack, unimaginative, humdrum, ho-hum, unoriginal, uninteresting, dull, uninvolving, trivial; More
antonyms: original
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:43 am

myrnova wrote:"banale" is an italian word, means "mean, poor, flat" or smth. 90% of english words come from italian and latin. 10% are from germanic roots. :roll:
100% of me doesn't give a fuck what you have to say. You still flip from eloquent to linguistically confused, it's an act and you know it. Pictures of you in Italy living with mommy or it didn't happen.
:P
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:44 am

shadx312 wrote:/sigh means poor flat "or smth". It's an italian word but it means - "or smth"

ba·nal
?b?nl,b??nal,-?näl/Submit
adjective
adjective: banal
so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
"songs with banal, repeated words"
synonyms: trite, hackneyed, clichéd, platitudinous, vapid, commonplace, ordinary, common, stock, conventional, stereotyped, overused, overdone, overworked, stale, worn out, timeworn, tired, threadbare, hoary, hack, unimaginative, humdrum, ho-hum, unoriginal, uninteresting, dull, uninvolving, trivial; More
antonyms: original
Well, my (poor) english is like that: I think in italian and "translate" with google translator. So "banale" gave me "banal"... :roll:

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:45 am

More importantly, I always mix a raw egg in with the beef when making burgers, this is key to keeping them moist and together while grilling. And NEVER press the patties down on the grill unless you want to be mistaken for some kind of terrorist!
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 am

docprosper wrote:
myrnova wrote:"banale" is an italian word, means "mean, poor, flat" or smth. 90% of english words come from italian and latin. 10% are from germanic roots. :roll:
100% of me doesn't give a fuck what you have to say. You still flip from eloquent to linguistically confused, it's an act and you know it. Pictures of you in Italy living with mommy or it didn't happen.
You mean "italians live with mommy, have 10-20 sons, love food and women, sometimes kill people with knives"... things like that? Because I don't think you went out of your U.S. base when you were in Sicily... :roll:

... Or you just mistook the forum, the KKK/White Pride fanatics, calling me "garlic pizza", "minestrone", "mafia", "salami", "wop" etc. are on KVR :lol:

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:50 am

myrnova wrote:
docprosper wrote:
You mean "italians live with mommy, have 10-20 sons, love food and women, sometimes kill people with knives"... things like that? Because I don't think you went out of your U.S. base when you were in Sicily... :roll:
To play your game, yes that's 80-90% of Italians. I'm guessing you're not allowed near sharp objects...

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:52 am

myrnova wrote:"Those of us"? Actually in this forum there are 8-9 people:

(1) italian
(1) from UK
(1) from switzerland (now pretending to be scottish or smth)
(5) from U.S.A.

Sometimes (1) from Australia and (1) from Ireland

That is why these threads about american crimes go on and on and on... because of you americans. Otherwise it had 3-4 pages. The reason is clear: you come in and don't even understand the ABC of american crimes... :roll:
You Americans made him go to 50+ pages! Will you never learn? :lol:

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:54 am

docprosper wrote:
myrnova wrote: You mean "italians live with mommy, have 10-20 sons, love food and women, sometimes kill people with knives"... things like that? Because I don't think you went out of your U.S. base when you were in Sicily... :roll:
To play your game, yes that's 80-90% of Italians. I'm guessing you're not allowed near sharp objects...
well, according to hollywood (your culture, together with military boots and pledge of allegiance)... you can say 100% :roll:

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 am

docprosper wrote:More importantly, I always mix a raw egg in with the beef when making burgers, this is key to keeping them moist and together while grilling. And NEVER press the patties down on the grill unless you want to be mistaken for some kind of terrorist!
A little dry oats will help as well, soaking up all the fat and juices and keeping the flavor in
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:06 am

arctic ranger wrote:
docprosper wrote:More importantly, I always mix a raw egg in with the beef when making burgers, this is key to keeping them moist and together while grilling. And NEVER press the patties down on the grill unless you want to be mistaken for some kind of terrorist!
A little dry oats will help as well, soaking up all the fat and juices and keeping the flavor in
Nice, will try that!

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:12 am

:roll:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:54 am

glenn303 wrote: And your postings on a music forum is revolutionary.
Keep up the good fight keyboard activist. :)
:lol:

Maybe the "you are all calpable for 20,000,000 deaths" type rhetoric works in Italy. Anytime we try to have a discussion on the military and economic atrocities the rich in the US have spearheaded on the world that seems to be the only tool he has in his toy box which completely derails the conversation and inspires a patriotism most of us don't have in the first place.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:27 am

Talk about a backfire.

I never cared about Captain America, now I love him.

Ok not really, but almost enough to want to take his shield and take a trip to Italy.

/cue gif
ImageImage

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:54 am

beats me wrote:
glenn303 wrote: And your postings on a music forum is revolutionary.
Keep up the good fight keyboard activist. :)
:lol:

Maybe the "you are all calpable for 20,000,000 deaths" type rhetoric works in Italy. Anytime we try to have a discussion on the military and economic atrocities the rich in the US have spearheaded on the world that seems to be the only tool he has in his toy box which completely derails the conversation and inspires a patriotism most of us don't have in the first place.

:roll:

Regarding "you are responsible for 20.000.000 deaths", yes: it works like this in democracies. For instance, in Germany every german feels culpable for nazi atrocities and holocaust, that is why Germany is a democracy. Ask a young german: he will answer "yes, I feel culpable" and they will ever do, as a lesson for present and future. The only ones who don't feel like that in germany are the neonazis. In the U.S. on the contrary people feel like "we have no fault, the rich are to blame, the government, not people". This is because america is not a democracy, but a dictatorship.
Last edited by myrnova on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.