Anyone else getting logged out of the forum?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Tarekith

Anyone else getting logged out of the forum?

Post by Tarekith » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 pm

I keep getting randomly logged out when I try and post here, and I get the following error message:

Anyone else seeing this?

beats me

Re: Anyone else getting logged out of the forum?

Post by beats me » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Has been happening to me randomly for like the past week.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:39 am

Yep, lots, but mostly at the office. Do you guys work at CIA too? :P
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:39 am

You accidentally typed e in there that's why.

I keep a zapper right in the living room, brah, no probs.
ImageImage

balva

Post by balva » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:19 am

Am I on like some FREE VERSION of this forum? Where can I purchase the UNLIMITED package so I don't get that XML-RPC SERVER failed login?

Hmmm, did AT&T takeover this forum or what?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am

All the time.... Most annoying!

Cheers
D

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:37 am

This forum is almost dead, Ableton is not interested in it anymore and most of the remained users are the ones who were already here 5-10 years ago (myself included). Ableton does not even mention it in the main page, they want people and newbies to go on facebook (international separated groups). The proof: 80-90% of times it is only "readable" but one cannot post (meaning you cannot even log in, because the servers are closed). Facebook killed the forums, so now they are empty and never updated.

Steve Ballmer

Post by Steve Ballmer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:06 pm

"Like what you like, enjoy what you enjoy, don't be afraid to make slurping sounds, and don't take crap from anybody."

balva

Post by balva » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:33 pm

I know the exact time when this place took a dive. We all were around. We all saw it. Can't say much more because you know.

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:It wasn't just Facebook that 'killed' this forum, not that it's dead anyway. Facebook is more dead than this forum, I would think.
Of course Facebook is not useful for the ones looking for answers or discussion. It is just for... Well, what's facebook for, actually?! 8O I don't know, the only things I can see in the facebook pages are: (1) look at this picture of me/my dog/my gf-bf-son-holidays-food... (2) some famous guys advertising like "tomorrow 9 PM show" + emoticons + three or four "amswers" like "cool", "i'll be there" etc. (3) some others (journalists, writers, politicians and such) posting a short comment about some news + thousands of hidden comments by totally unknown people (the "facebookers"?). Conclusion: a total useless shit, for me. Much much better the forums, youtube and wikipedia (the real internet revolutions).

Alas, Ableton don't believe in the forum anymore. For instance, if you want to post something but you forgot the password, you click on "help" and the help link takes you to the ableton main page, with no way to come back to the forum. So you look for "community" but there is no mention at all about the forum, just "join the international groups" links to some (useless) ableton facebook "groups" (?).

Conclusion: the only forum users remained are the ones who were here 5-10 years ago and have the forum link in the browser's "bookmarks". The others don't enter the forum anymore. The newbies don't even know it exists. In case a newbie discovers it, if he tries to enter, 80-90% of times he can't because the servers are closed. :roll:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Jebus Chris Ballmer, do you have to go so epic the image size?
i don't even see them i just hate having to scroll down to get past them... what ever they are.

Funk N. Furter wrote:Ideally it would be good if you could directly upload images too.
that would probably cause some kind of copyright infringement issue. it's bad enough that they're being yoinked from all over the web for our little .jpeg assaults and such... leaving the image as a URL reference means that the original owner is still the original owner and the images aren't all stored on the Ableton servers, just referenced. so it's a space saver too.

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:22 pm

H20nly wrote:that would probably cause some kind of copyright infringement issue.
The main problem in America :roll: If a 3-4 y.o. kid draws mickey mouse on a piece of paper and his mother posts it on facebook, the Walt Disney lawyers come and order her to remove it (copyright infringement) :lol: Meanwhile, if a 3-4 y.o. kid kills his 2-3 y.o. little sister with daddy's gun it is called "freedom" and "the right of self defence". The same when some criminals (called in the U.S. "heroes") kill thousands of children around the world. In U.S. they call it "democracy" :lol:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:28 pm

what's really weird about the forum log in error is that it will work on my phone when it does not work on a computer. odd.

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 pm

H20nly wrote:what's really weird about the forum log in error is that it will work on my phone when it does not work on a computer. odd.
it is just "luck" :roll: You think it is odd, but in my opinion it is just a question of coincidence (you enter and/or log in during that 10-20% of time frame in which the servers are opened, like for instance in this moment). I doubt they have a different server for "phones" (well, not 100% sure, however.. in America everything is possible :lol: ).

In my opinion the real question has to be found here:

:arrow: Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

(2007?!) As soon as Ableton stops paying them for the host (maybe january 2014?), the forum will definitevely die. This, because Ableton is not interested in this forum anymore.

The reason of this disinteress by Ableton in my opinion is this: forums are (everywhere) used only by 30-40-50 y.o. aged people. Teenagers and young people never write in forums, they prefer facebook and such crap. Here, too, 99% of users are 30-50 y.o. Maybe Ableton decided to let this forum alive as a "gift" a sort of hidden "memorial home" for us, old nostalgic users :lol: Who knows...