Wonder what's going on in the Lounge nowa....

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
H20nly

Re: Wonder what's going on in the Lounge nowa....

Post by H20nly » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Most Benevolent Emperor... your humble servant wishes to point out to you that the term USA has been deemed a weapon of mass disruption... using it in any form means that mushroom marinara fueled posts are certain to ensue.

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:41 pm

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:54 am

H20nly wrote:Most Benevolent Emperor... your humble servant wishes to point out to you that the term USA has been deemed a weapon of mass disruption... using it in any form means that mushroom marinara fueled posts are certain to ensue.
I should have mentioned, you needn't be all grovelly before Your Most Benevolent Emperor™ of the USA: he's totes benevs. But I appreciate the consideration you've extended.

Re: the posts, such political cartoons have been the barb of truth through the centuries. It should be clear that as a totally unrecognized fictitious potentate for whom not provisions have been made in the Constitution that I have no material alignment with the forces of US government.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:50 am

No one in the government would be able to speak so eloquently :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:54 am

conclusion: :roll:

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:57 am

myrnova wrote:Image

conclusion: :roll:
Did you make that yourself? Kewl!
USA Wins!! 26-4 FTW
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:05 am

"wins"... :roll:

everyone can play this "game": just open whatever "the lounge" page (1, 2, 5, 10, 50, 100... 116... whatever), select whatever thread you randomly "choose" accidentaly, no matter the period, the year, if your eyes are opened or not... whatever... repeat this operation at least 30 times, then realize the truth: 80-90% of the topics are about U.S. (U.S. politics/policy/news, U.S. movies/songs/artists/shows, U.S. food/products/cities/people etc.).

Now, imagine if 80-90% of the topics were about italy, or france, or spain, or germany, japan, russia, china, india, turkey whatever country you want... and always related to these different cultures and way of living, art, politicians, policy, tv shows, songs, music etc. The moderators would call it "trolling" or such, because the lounge is supposed to be an international place, right? So the lounge should not be a sort of american pub where people only talk about unknown american tv shows, serials, songs, products, food etc. But, alas, it is. The right proportions had to be, let's say... 25% U.S. and angloamerican culture, 25% South America, 25% Europe, 25% Asia and Africa. The real proportions are instead 90% U.S. 10% rest of the world.

The fact 80-90% of the topics are about U.S. culture and 80-90% of people are angloamerican is very sad, in my opinion: people from the rest of the world have gone away from here, tired of this americocentric attitude. For instance: no people from Japan, from Germany, from Spain, Portugal, Greece, Brazil, Russia, France, Italy etc. Only me (Italy), nobody else. The others are all angloamericans (UK, Australia, Ireland etc.) who can understand the slang, the idioms, the understood humour etc. The moderators are americans, too... If they have to ban, let's say, an american user, this one can justify his behaviour, because of the tongue and the same culture (advantage in communication, same culture, same humour, background etc.: the users can explain this and that). Not the case of a not english mother tongue user with different points of view, culture, belief, language barriers, etc.

If the moderator is american he will percieve as "enemies", "trolls" and such the few ones not american or angloamerican who don't give a damn about american culture or are quite pissed off at U.S. policy. That is why the only users remained in "the lounge" are americans, in my opinion. It would be the same if let's say an american user entered an italian forum with italian mods and started talking about all the italian shit (berlusconi, mafia, corruption, the bloody church etc,). Italian users would react the same way americans do here when I talk about U.S. crimes and atrocities. They react like "you have prejudices", "mind your own country" etc. It is just a matter of quantity: the 1% is considered a "virus" (in a forum: a "troll") if he talks "too much" in a 99% omogene community. It's the ABC of social conformism.

So, the question is: WHY 80-90% of topics here in "the lounge" are about U.S.? And why only 5-10% of users are not american? (1) because of U.S. imperialism (war propaganda, cultural invasion); (2) because of language barrirer: people who are not english mothertongue have difficulties in understanding all the slang, the idioms, the understood humour, cultural background, jokes, etc. and many of them ignore 60-70% of what american users are talking about (they always talk about american tv shows, songs, artists, sport events, etc. which are unknown in the rest of the world). Most of them simply go away, tired or bored because of this U.S. "supremacy". Some of them get banned after a while, because percieved as "trolls" (the 1% factor).

On "paper" this forum is supposed to be "international". Actually it is U.S. centric, and that is why it is not even mentioned in the Ableton main page, not even a link... nothing. If someone looks for "support" or "ableton communiy" they send you to the "Ableton Groups" on facebook (where you can find your own nation).

Very sad. :roll:

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:57 am

myrnova wrote:"wins"... :roll:

everyone can play this "game": just open whatever "the lounge" page (1, 2, 5, 10, 50, 100... 116... whatever), select whatever thread you randomly "choose" accidentaly, no matter the period, the year, if your eyes are opened or not... whatever... repeat this operation at least 30 times, then realize the truth: 80-90% of the topics are about U.S. (U.S. politics/policy/news, U.S. movies/songs/artists/shows, U.S. food/products/cities/people etc.).

Now, imagine if 80-90% of the topics were about italy, or france, or spain, or germany, japan, russia, china, india, turkey whatever country you want... and always related to these different cultures and way of living, art, politicians, policy, tv shows, songs, music etc. The moderators would call it "trolling" or such, because the lounge is supposed to be an international place, right? So the lounge should not be a sort of american pub where people only talk about unknown american tv shows, serials, songs, products, food etc. But, alas, it is. The right proportions had to be, let's say... 25% U.S. and angloamerican culture, 25% South America, 25% Europe, 25% Asia and Africa. The real proportions are instead 90% U.S. 10% rest of the world.

The fact 80-90% of the topics are about U.S. culture and 80-90% of people are angloamerican is very sad, in my opinion: people from the rest of the world have gone away from here, tired of this americocentric attitude. For instance: no people from Japan, from Germany, from Spain, Portugal, Greece, Brazil, Russia, France, Italy etc. Only me (Italy), nobody else. The others are all angloamericans (UK, Australia, Ireland etc.) who can understand the slang, the idioms, the understood humour etc. The moderators are americans, too... If they have to ban, let's say, an american user, this one can justify his behaviour, because of the tongue and the same culture (advantage in communication, same culture, same humour, background etc.: the users can explain this and that). Not the case of a not english mother tongue user with different points of view, culture, belief, language barriers, etc.

If the moderator is american he will percieve as "enemies", "trolls" and such the few ones not american or angloamerican who don't give a damn about american culture or are quite pissed off at U.S. policy. That is why the only users remained in "the lounge" are americans, in my opinion. It would be the same if let's say an american user entered an italian forum with italian mods and started talking about all the italian shit (berlusconi, mafia, corruption, the bloody church etc,). Italian users would react the same way americans do here when I talk about U.S. crimes and atrocities. They react like "you have prejudices", "mind your own country" etc. It is just a matter of quantity: the 1% is considered a "virus" (in a forum: a "troll") if he talks "too much" in a 99% omogene community. It's the ABC of social conformism.

So, the question is: WHY 80-90% of topics here in "the lounge" are about U.S.? And why only 5-10% of users are not american? (1) because of U.S. imperialism (war propaganda, cultural invasion); (2) because of language barrirer: people who are not english mothertongue have difficulties in understanding all the slang, the idioms, the understood humour, cultural background, jokes, etc. and many of them ignore 60-70% of what american users are talking about (they always talk about american tv shows, songs, artists, sport events, etc. which are unknown in the rest of the world). Most of them simply go away, tired or bored because of this U.S. "supremacy". Some of them get banned after a while, because percieved as "trolls" (the 1% factor).

On "paper" this forum is supposed to be "international". Actually it is U.S. centric, and that is why it is not even mentioned in the Ableton main page, not even a link... nothing. If someone looks for "support" or "ableton communiy" they send you to the "Ableton Groups" on facebook (where you can find your own nation).

Very sad. :roll:
I only skimmed this latest drivel but still can conclude unequivocally that you're a giant fucking baby. Press on.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:28 pm

I find myself mostly agreeing with myrnova.

(despite a risk of aligning myself with someone, however spuriously, associated the undeniably humorous mental image of 'a giant fucking baby', which has me imagining a snarling, drooling, be-diapered infant with an incongruous erection on the top of whatever tall famous structure, swatting at fighter planes and teething on a mass transit vehicle).
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:48 pm

It's just a little forum supported by a music software company and a few regulars. Maybe because it's related to music software most people come on here to ask something specific otherwise they're using the software or doing one of a billion other things. Loungewise it's a few of the same guys killing time.
You make it sound like it's Reddit taken over by the spanish inquisition :roll:

Perhaps myr needs some help in finding another forum that is more nurturing for his tastes...
It's kind of like complaining in a club that it sucks and caters to a specific culture without comprehending that it's practically empty so it's not exactly good judgement being exercised there.
ImageImage

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:40 pm

shadx312 wrote:It's just a little forum supported by a music software company and a few regulars. Maybe because it's related to music software most people come on here to ask something specific otherwise they're using the software or doing one of a billion other things. Loungewise it's a few of the same guys killing time.
You make it sound like it's Reddit taken over by the spanish inquisition :roll:

Perhaps myr needs some help in finding another forum that is more nurturing for his tastes...
It's kind of like complaining in a club that it sucks and caters to a specific culture without comprehending that it's practically empty so it's not exactly good judgement being exercised there.
if this was just "a little forum supported by a music software company" I wonder why people don't speak german, talk about wuerstel, bundesliga and Merkel, since Ableton is a german company? In Italy it works like that for "little italian forums", unless e product is "made in Italy" but supposed to be used by the rest of the world (e.g. IK Multimedia). I guess many german people buy and use AbletonLive, and so do italians, spanish, japanese, etc. The fact nobody of them enter "the lounge" is because of: (1) US-centrism (due to U.S. cultural invasion, imperialism, consequently 90% of topics are about U.S.A.); (2) language barrier (english is not the right international tongue, in my opinion, because mother-tongue english speakers don't realize it and "write as they talk" here, with slang, urban words, idioms, humour, jokes and such, very difficult to understand). This is why "the lounge" has become a sort of "american pub" and foreign people like me are considered "trolls". If we had a real international tongue (e.g. esperanto), this would not happen, of course (you cannot call someone "a troll" only because he criticizes in a harsh way war, crimes and atrocities. Not my fault if 90% of times these are committed by U.S. aka "the land in which freedom of speech is granted"); (3) Facebook and all this crap killed the forums.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:18 pm

So tell us again why you are here…?

:roll:
Unsound Designer

myrnova

Post by myrnova » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 pm

stringtapper wrote:So tell us again why you are here…?

:roll:
for the same reason you are here, i guess :roll:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Maybe you're not getting the part of "little" and "few" as in NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE IN THE LOUNGE.

This significantly cuts down the chances of there being multilingual conversations.
And again, most of the regulars have been here since Jesus was born so they're pretty much set to be here forever.

Tapper, he's here because he doesn't think he has any other choices of places to go. There's no other DAW forum that allows him to be frank with his opinions, which, I think is kinda cool that you can do that here, even if most people would find a better way to channel that anger. I used to get annoyed by it, but now I'm used to it, and kind of see it like a birds eye view, the little circle of myrnovas process. That said it was in bad taste for me to joke about mental illness. If it's any consolation it runs in my family, so I kinda think of joking about it is like my version of "nigga".

And really, it isn't hard to understand how and why so many people hate the US. I would hope that there is a more productive way to channel that, maybe like with music or something? As one human to another I would hope for some productive progress out of it instead of rotting in it.
ImageImage

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:46 pm

shadx312 wrote:Tapper, he's here because he doesn't think he has any other choices of places to go. There's no other DAW forum that allows him to be frank with his opinions, which, I think is kinda cool that you can do that here, even if most people would find a better way to channel that anger.
Well my "here-ness" has been severely curtailed as of late thanks in no small part to a certain Italian and a little thing called a dissertation.

Most of the other places I use to hang out are even more dead than here. I do admit to having embraced the chaos that is this unmoderated place in the past.

And again, just for the record, nothing myrnova has ever said about US has bothered me in the slightest. I'm no patriot, I have no gods or heroes. It comes down to the simple fact that he just says the same thing over and over and won't stop.

Ultimately it's just boring. That's why I haven't been around much.
Unsound Designer