who is actually going to fall for obama care

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Galt

Re: who is actually going to fall for obama care

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:42 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-2 ... true-story:

My company, based in California, employs 600. We used to insure about 250 of our employees. The rest opted out. The company paid 50% of their premiums for about $750,000/yr.

Under obamacare, none can opt out without penalty, and the rates are double or triple, depending upon the plan. Our 750k for 250 employees is going to $2 million per year for 600 employees.

By mandate, we have to pay 91.5% of the premium or more up from the 50% we used to pay.

Our employees share of the premium goes from $7/week for the cheapest plan to $30/week. 95% of my employees were on that plan. Remember, we used to pay 50% now we pay 91.5% and the premiums still go up that much!!

The cheapest plan now has a deductible of $6350! Before it was $150. Employees making $9 to $10/hr, have to pay $30/wk and have a $6350 deductible!!! What!!!!

They can't afford that to be sure. Obamacare will kill their propensity to seek medical care. More money for less care? How does that help them?

Here is the craziest part. Employees who qualify for mediCAL (the California version of Medicare), which is most of my employees, will automatically be enrolled in the Federal SNAP program. They cannot opt out. They cannot decline. They will be automatically enrolled in the Federal food stamp program based upon their level of Obamacare qualification. Remember, these people work full time, living in a small town in California. They are not seeking assistance. It all seems like a joke. How can this be the new system?

Pelosi, pass the bill to find out what's in it? Surprise! You've annihilated the working class.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:00 pm

yeah, thats bullshit.

not a deductible of $6350, maximum annual out of pocket cost of $6350. thats a big difference, deductible mean you have to pay that every time before insurance pays, max annual out of pocket mean that whatever your deductible, your max you have to pay in a whole year is $6350.

also, if we're talking about people making 9 - 10$ an hour, they will easily qualify for tax credits towards their insurance cost, easily enough to cover the increase in weekly expense.

not sure what the business owners end is on all this, but i'd be willing to wager a significant amount that it's not nearly as bad as they are representing.

i'm not for the ACA at all, by the way. I would like to have single payer public health care. but if you're going to slag off the ACA at least do it honestly.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:not a deductible of $6350, maximum annual out of pocket cost of $6350.
This is what a deductible is. If you're going to slag off my slagging off, you might as well do it honestly.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:21 pm

People can be short sighted financially stupid. My friend opted out of his employer’s insurance plan because he saw the immediate benefit of not having any money taken out of his paycheck. Several times a year he had to get medical attention and of course those situations cost him more total money than the money that would have been taken out of his paychecks, but that still didn't inspire him to opt in.

He’s not outraged that he now has to have health insurance, but it’s really rubbing him the wrong way that he’s making payments on something where these isn’t a direct benefit at the time of each payment.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:27 pm

If people want to be stupid, then let them be stupid. You can't outlaw stupidity.

And none of this changes the fact that the ACA is now causing some people to have less coverage for more pesos, as per the article I posted.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Galt wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:not a deductible of $6350, maximum annual out of pocket cost of $6350.
This is what a deductible is. If you're going to slag off my slagging off, you might as well do it honestly.

no that's not what a deductible is. a deductible is what you have to pay out of any bill before the insurance pays the rest. A maximum annual out of pocket cost is a limit on what you are required to pay in a year. here, i'll spell it out for you.

Lets say i have a friend named John Galt, and he likes to masturbate by shoving rusty used guitar strings up his urethra while reading Ron Paul's racist newsletters. Now he does this all the time, so usually its no problem, but once a month a string gets stuck and he has to get medical help. It costs $2500 to get the string removed. John's deductible is $1500 and his annual out of pocket cost is $6000. So he will have to pay $1500 for the first 4 visits, but after that, insurance is covering everything.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Galt wrote:If people want to be stupid, then let them be stupid. You can't outlaw stupidity.

And none of this changes the fact that the ACA is now causing some people to have less coverage for more pesos, as per the article I posted.

Some people. Has there ever been a policy made that is a 100% win for everybody? Even policies that are a moral win is a loss for people who aren't moral.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Galt wrote:If people want to be stupid, then let them be stupid. You can't outlaw stupidity.

literally no one is going to end up with less insurance for more money under the ACA. bullshit.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:47 pm

beats me wrote:Some people. Has there ever been a policy made that is a 100% win for everybody? Even policies that are a moral win is a loss for people who aren't moral.
Our employees share of the premium goes from $7/week for the cheapest plan to $30/week. 95% of my employees were on that plan. The cheapest plan now has a deductible of $6350! Before it was $150. Employees making $9 to $10/hr, have to pay $30/wk and have a $6350 deductible

Your idea of morality has just a little too much in common with fist fucking, for my taste. :|

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:48 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:literally no one is going to end up with less insurance for more money under the ACA. bullshit.
Well thank god you're running the country, and not some retard sock puppet.

Last edited by Galt on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:51 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
Galt wrote:

no that's not what a deductible is. a deductible is what you have to pay out of any bill before the insurance pays the rest. A maximum annual out of pocket cost is a limit on what you are required to pay in a year. here, i'll spell it out for you.

Lets say i have a friend named John Galt, and he likes to masturbate by shoving rusty used guitar strings up his urethra while reading Ron Paul's racist newsletters. Now he does this all the time, so usually its no problem, but once a month a string gets stuck and he has to get medical help. It costs $2500 to get the string removed. John's deductible is $1500 and his annual out of pocket cost is $6000. So he will have to pay $1500 for the first 4 visits, but after that, insurance is covering everything.

did this story help you learn what the word deductible means? your horror story is real scary, but it also a load of bullshit. also, don't forget the fact that the employees in your horror story will be getting significant tax credits to offset the cost of their premiums.

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:did this story help you learn what the word deductible means? your horror story is real scary, but it also a load of bullshit. also, don't forget the fact that the employees in your horror story will be getting significant tax credits to offset the cost of their premiums.
TL;DR

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Galt wrote:
beats me wrote:Some people. Has there ever been a policy made that is a 100% win for everybody? Even policies that are a moral win is a loss for people who aren't moral.
Our employees share of the premium goes from $7/week for the cheapest plan to $30/week. 95% of my employees were on that plan. The cheapest plan now has a deductible of $6350! Before it was $150. Employees making $9 to $10/hr, have to pay $30/wk and have a $6350 deductible

Your idea of morality has just a little too much in common with fist fucking, for my taste. :|

You win?

Galt

Post by Galt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

I can accept that.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Galt wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:did this story help you learn what the word deductible means? your horror story is real scary, but it also a load of bullshit. also, don't forget the fact that the employees in your horror story will be getting significant tax credits to offset the cost of their premiums.
TL;DR
Your status as a troll is complete. :|