Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by H20nly » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm

gen·er·al·i·za·tion
?jen?r?li?z?SH?n/Submit
noun
plural noun: generalizations
1.
a general statement or concept obtained by inference from specific cases.
"he was making sweeping generalizations"


Google results = https://www.google.com/#filter=0&q=80+90%25+myrnova


:arrow:

crofter
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: The foot of our stairs

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by crofter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by andydes » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

[MHEO] wrote: it's "angloamericanism". As I explained a thousand times, americans on (supposed) "internatinal forums" can be very arrogant, racist, they can troll, derail threads, bully etc.
That's a little insulting, you know. Explaining it a thousand times probably didn't help your cause either.

Hanil Yoo
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by Hanil Yoo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:40 pm

I know the feeling I've been banned from forums for being half Korean half Kentuckian. How has Myrnova been since the ban?

crofter
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:35 pm
Location: The foot of our stairs

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by crofter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Hanil Yoo wrote:I know the feeling I've been banned from forums for being half Korean half Kentuckian. How has Myrnova been since the ban?
Same as ever by the look of it, he calls himself MHEO now cos he fucks cats.
Core2 quad q660, 4gig ram, Win 7 home premium SP1.
P4 2.8 ghz, Gigabyte GA- 81E2004P, 1.5 gig ram,XP Home, SP3.
dual core pentium laptop 2 gig ram Win 8.
MOTU 8Pre,Tascam FW-1804,Zoom R16, Ableton live 8.4
Cubase 7

mescalin
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: Radlett, Herts, UK

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by mescalin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:53 am

i nearly responded at length to this "high and mighty" troll thread but changed my mind

Ableton 8, NI Massive, Max 4 Live, other stuff

re:dream
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by re:dream » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:04 am

Image

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:00 am

Even though The Finn hasn't exactly taken to my particular brand of über-smarts-meets-dispassionate-hatred, I still enjoy his posts.

There, now I'm the bigger man. :lol:

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 am

[MHEO] wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote: However I would not call myself 'anti-American' because it is a terrible way to put it. I oppose the policies of the American governments and big business.
Excuse me, british comrade... but "antiamericanism" means this :lol: Or do you think I hate "americans" (the ones who live in U.S.)?! :lol:
I think this is what everyone here on the board is thinking about you! Maybe think about how you frame your positions in the future, so this apperent misunderstanding doesn't happen again with your new alias!

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 am

Today has come out this brand new "moderator" called "vanessa" :lol: "She" (...) locked a topic about racism or whatever
Seriously, what's up with this! No introduction to the forum people of this new mod, no interference from her in the thread or via PM to the participants, no complains of "over heated discussion" (her reason for closing it) to any mods form the participants in the thread. And nothing even remotely "racist" was posted in this thread. I would say it was one of the more civil threads in this forum. Yet, she just jumps in and locks it.... :evil:

I'm starting to see what the conservatives are on about with the whole "PC police" thing... :evil:

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by andydes » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:
andydes wrote:
[MHEO] wrote: it's "angloamericanism". As I explained a thousand times, americans on (supposed) "internatinal forums" can be very arrogant, racist, they can troll, derail threads, bully etc.
That's a little insulting, you know.
Not quite the same as "fuck off and die you wanker" though, I wouldn't have thought.
Maybe.
The fact that I am English has got nothing to do with anything because I am an internationalist, as should be plainly obvious from my posts. You are accusing me of nationalist bias which is outrageous quite frankly.
Being told what you must think because of where you born, even when it contradicts everything you say, is pretty insulting too. Different kind of insult, innit?

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 am

Myrnova was banned for being a douche. However, Ableton couldn't simply say "you're a douche", so that had to make up some random excuse. This is really not so hard. :roll: :lol:

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:Call a spade a spade, that's my motto, Trollt.
We're not allowed to discuss race here.

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:11 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Galt wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote:Call a spade a spade, that's my motto, Trollt.
We're not allowed to discuss race here.
Don't attempt humour Trollt, that's my department.
Then you're gonna have to pick it up a little.

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Musicians no longer socially relevant?

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:21 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Galt wrote:
Don't attempt humour Trollt, that's my department.
Then you're gonna have to pick it up a little.
Sorry, I'll see what I can do. I'll try and think of a good joke to lift our spirits in these bleak and dismal times.
I don't get it.

Post Reply