Trotsky no longer socially relevant?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Galt

Re: Trotsky no longer socially relevant?

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:19 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Funny story: Thanks to Darwinism, viruses can mutate,
That's a common misconception, but in actuality they were able to mutate long before Darwin was even alive! 8O
To the best of my knowledge, no scientific studies have ever demonstrated this conclusively.

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Clearly you don't actually know much about this topic on which you pontificate at length.
Funny YOU'd say that...;-)
But how dare someone mix up Trotskyism & Leninism! Its the capitalist media I tell you...

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:I never said I'd had sex with them! 8O
Well at least you are trying to keep your stories somewhat believable, so go ahead and tell us that it was while you helped out in the fever ward of an old peoples home... ;-)

(Hey at least you wouldn't be a misogynist eh?!)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Galt wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Funny story: Thanks to Darwinism, viruses can mutate,
That's a common misconception, but in actuality they were able to mutate long before Darwin was even alive! 8O
To the best of my knowledge, no scientific studies have ever demonstrated this conclusively.
You mean no scientific studies on this were conducted before Darwin was born?! Damn you uncovered the conspiracy :evil:

Galt

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:38 pm

TomViolenz wrote:You mean no scientific studies on this were conducted before Darwin was born?! Damn you uncovered the conspiracy :evil:
No, I mean that no scientific studies have ever specifically addressed the question of "viral mutation prior to Darwin's birth".

I invite you to prove me wrong. :mrgreen:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:47 pm

Galt wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:You mean no scientific studies on this were conducted before Darwin was born?! Damn you uncovered the conspiracy :evil:
No, I mean that no scientific studies have ever specifically addressed the question of "viral mutation prior to Darwin's birth".

Well, you can't put a fast one on these conservative thinkers.....mumbles in frustration, yet with a smug look on his face :mrgreen:
Joking aside: Mutation of viruses before Darwins birth, is not all that difficult to prove, especially since viruses usually co-evolve with their hosts, whose DNA is sequencable and a record of past adaptation. I'm sure there is a whole field on this (as on almost anything, lol). But I'm not gonna do a pubmed search for you.

Galt

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:08 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Galt wrote:

Well, you can't put a fast one on these conservative thinkers.....mumbles in frustration, yet with a smug look on his face :mrgreen:
Joking aside: Mutation of viruses before Darwins birth, is not all that difficult to prove, especially since viruses usually co-evolve with their hosts, whose DNA is sequencable and a record of past adaptation. I'm sure there is a whole field on this (as on almost anything, lol). But I'm not gonna do a pubmed search for you.
Is now the right time to mention that my Darwin remark was sarcastic? No? Well never mind then... I just saw the opportunity to "win" one more "exchange". :D

Seriously, at this stage even i hate myself. 8)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:14 pm

Galt wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Galt wrote: No, I mean that no scientific studies have ever specifically addressed the question of "viral mutation prior to Darwin's birth".

Is now the right time to mention that my Darwin remark was sarcastic? No? Well never mind then... I just saw the opportunity to "win" one more "exchange". :D

Seriously, at this stage even i hate myself. 8)
Oh, I know! I just couldn't decide between playing along with the joke or letting you in on my all encompassing wisdom :mrgreen:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:14 pm

@Galt/balmer/b0unce whothefuckever:

honestly i can't believe that you continue to bother. It's been what, a decade of posting near every day? And how many logins have you burned through? Most people would be really bored by this point. I wonder if there is an actual psychological or neurological diagnosis here.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Galt

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:@Galt/balmer/b0unce whothefuckever:

honestly i can't believe that you continue to bother. It's been what, a decade of posting near every day? And how many logins have you burned through? Most people would be really bored by this point. I wonder if there is an actual psychological or neurological diagnosis here.
My cock's not gonna suck itself. :roll:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 pm

8O
Why the hate?! He is a lot easier/more entertaining to argue with, than the now partialy banned alternatives.
He is bored, so what?! I am too and so are probably you (why else would you be here).
Let's cut the guy some slack at least until he deserves our hostility again.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:33 pm

its not hate, it's an honest observation.

seriously, for nearly 10 years if not more this guy has been doing the same thing here and doing it nearly every day. it is intentional antagonism for its own sake as far as i can tell. Unless you think that acting that way on a music forum is going to somehow change anyone's opinions. I can understand that being fun for a while, but not for as long as it has been for this guy. I am honestly and genuinely perplexed and concerned.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:40 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:its not hate, it's an honest observation.

seriously, for nearly 10 years if not more this guy has been doing the same thing here and doing it nearly every day. it is intentional antagonism for its own sake as far as i can tell. Unless you think that acting that way on a music forum is going to somehow change anyone's opinions. I can understand that being fun for a while, but not for as long as it has been for this guy. I am honestly and genuinely perplexed and concerned.
And I don't understand what was so hard to take in his behaviour today, that you had to post this now.
I was here all day (yes I was bored) and among all the myrnovas and the other guy (whose name I don't dare mention, or the flame wars will see no end!), he is a fresh breeze...
I'm not saying he was not a dick in the past, but I did not see any of this today, so why not give him a chance?!

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 pm

you'll understand soon enough. I used to defend him in between fights with him too, way back when he was b0unce or henry ford or whoever else.

Galt

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:58 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:I used to defend him in between fights with him too, way back when he was b0unce or henry ford or whoever else.
You have me mistaken for many other someone elses. Seriously, I've only been into Live since version 8, your timeline is all fuckledy-piggledy.

Just what is it that you believe I did to you? :oops: