Post your December track

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
eddiex

Re: Post your December track

Post by eddiex » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:13 am

Tarekith wrote:
eddiex wrote:thanks TAREKITH, just checked out your track, as usual pretty awesome...all on ipad??!! are you rocking animoog and i maschine into LIVE or something
Recorded in Auria on an iPad Air, drums are a combination of Beatmaker2 and Alchemy Mobile, the few synth sounds in this track are from Alchemy or Nave. Most of the instrumental sounds are actually my Taylor 814ce acoustic guitar processed with a Boss TeraEcho pedal, or the effects and time-stretching in Auria. But other than the guitar, everything else was strictly on the iPad, even the mastering.
that is pretty sick!! ive always been down on the ipad....ive always thought, at this point, it was a sketch pad at best. just checking out auria though...looks pretty legit. how long before you are just using the ipad? is it that serious yet??
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:26 am

Well I wouldn't use it for my mastering business or anything, but the last 6-7 tracks I've done have been just iPad for the most part. I like having some limitations in place, I cut out a lot of crap I don't need these days!

Anyway, it's not the most stable way of working, but for now it's holding my interest and a lot of really sick apps are coming out. Lots more new ideas on the iOS side compared to the desktop market IMO.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:49 am

Tarekith wrote: Slate - Wow, crazy video man, wish I was better at video stuff like that. Nice down and dirty remix, noise textures really gave it a unique sound, especially with the vocals tucked in behind.

hey thanks feller, always nice to get some positive feedback from my ableton peers.

i'll check some of the other bits and pieces out in this thread when i get home from work

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Listened to all the tracks posted last night. All great stuff and decidedly the opposite of the general mood of this forum. Good to hear people on here are still working on music and aren’t as high strung as many of the postings here. :)

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks Tarekith for your input ;) Nice Track you have there, can't imagine that it is entirely done on an ipad! I was thinking about getting one but i'm still not sure, i only thought about it as a controller, but it seems pretty decent as a creation tool...
Ps: Your mixing and mastering guides helped me a lot for my album (i didn't do the mastering myself though)

I still haven't listened to all the tracks but it's nice to hear different styles.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks man!

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm

I think the Tarekith track showed some real growth in the iPad production department. It might just be a mental thing for me but I think the last iPad created track sounded a little like it was trapped in the limitations. Maybe I wouldn’t have thought that if I didn’t know it was made on an iPad. This new track sounds like there are more layers that evolve and longer developed elements.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:32 pm

I think this one just came together easier for me for some reason. Having a brand new guitar to use in the track probably helped!

Some of the earlier tracks I did on the iPad were a little more exploratory for me too, I was really trying to change up the way I approach song writing. Using different drum techniques or limited song structures and things like that.

Thanks for listening though guys, much appreciated!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 am

I haven't listened to everything yet (sorry, but I plan on digging it) but I thought of the track H20, starvingstudent and I were working on in the summer which I haven't listened to since then and it sounds pretty darn tootin. It started from another thread, Beats made a beat, Tapper added bass to it then you sent me vox.
Beats I tried with your, but it wasn't working like this, sorry:| I wasn't even sure if I was going to use 2nd music part at that point, it was just more of a placeholder until I finished the vocals, one of theirs took a little work at first :P . Did a little drum work. Now I wouldn't mind just adding a little more musical/sound touch beside the vocals and try switching around some parts where it changes so the vocals and beat change more together. There's plenty of room to fill in the blanks with your own ideas though....maybe I should pass it around....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar4t0 ... geruff.mp3
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 am

https://soundcloud.com/re-dreams-workshop/honey-gravel

just a sketch, not fully developed yet, but feedback welcome...

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:32 am

Pretty good. Makes me picture being on a country drive to think things through after something happened.
ImageImage

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:37 am

The Finn : Cool track, it sounds like a soundtrack (somehow it makes me think of "Drive"). I think you should try to make it shorter or add some variation. For me the end part could be a break in the middle of the track.
shadx312 : nice groove and flow. i like the drums !

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:49 am

Yip, agreed.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:01 pm

shadx312 wrote:I haven't listened to everything yet (sorry, but I plan on digging it) but I thought of the track H20, starvingstudent and I were working on in the summer which I haven't listened to since then and it sounds pretty darn tootin. It started from another thread, Beats made a beat, Tapper added bass to it then you sent me vox.
Beats I tried with your, but it wasn't working like this, sorry:| I wasn't even sure if I was going to use 2nd music part at that point, it was just more of a placeholder until I finished the vocals, one of theirs took a little work at first :P . Did a little drum work. Now I wouldn't mind just adding a little more musical/sound touch beside the vocals and try switching around some parts where it changes so the vocals and beat change more together. There's plenty of room to fill in the blanks with your own ideas though....maybe I should pass it around....

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar4t0 ... geruff.mp3
Nice. Where'd the vocals come from?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:05 pm

h20 & student
ImageImage