Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.

andydes

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I didn't think there was any doubt that galt is 4th gen mult?

Anyway, lots of us were involved in things going the way they did. Is there any point trying to work out how all the blame should be proportioned?

Btw, Funken, if you're still posting help in the main section, your lack of banner could cost you traffic to your site.

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
andydes wrote:I didn't think there was any doubt that galt is 4th gen mult?

Anyway, lots of us were involved in things going the way they did. Is there any point trying to work out how all the blame should be proportioned?

Btw, Funken, if you're still posting help in the main section, your lack of banner could cost you traffic to your site.
Thanks, but at the moment this forum is an embarrassment. By the way, you are one of the completely innocent people so don't include yourself.
Nah, I gave myrnova a hard time on occasion when I thought he/she was being completely ridiculous. Which would have been ok, but there were enough people doing the same at the time.

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Well, even I had a bit of a go at her a couple of times right at the end, and I was the only person sticking up for her! I don't know what you said. With me it was like, the way you might talk to a kid brother who is talking shite. That's why I avoided her posts mostly.
Well feel free to dig up the moon landing thread (or whatever thread turned into it), that was actually quite funny. Couple of others, I'm happy to leave buried in a server in the vaults of ableton.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote: Accusing me… of not knowing basic music theory…
Excuse me, but when you say things like this:
Funk N. Furter wrote:I'm not familiar with the term tonic.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Tonic is not a particularly common term.
you don't know basic music theory.

I can show you a stack of basic music theory texts that present this term within their first few pages. The kinds of theory texts that you claimed to have no money to buy while you somehow have an iMac, Live 9, and Maschine, mind you.

It's not slander if it's true and it in this case it is demonstrably so.
Unsound Designer

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
The Finn wrote:
If a troll - no names - is someone who likes pissing people off or irritating them for amusement, the most effective strategy is to simply refuse to get pissed off.
Conflict is thereby contained because each person in the transaction is basically in charge of their own reactions and decisions.

If, on the other hand, a forum member (I am speaking generally here) regularly gets extremely upset about real or imagined slights, things are trickier. No-one else can control them, and conflicts will continue to be born, get worse, and escalate until the self-perceived victim (1) learns new behaviours (2) leaves or (3) is banned.
Finn, you are one of the worst trolls on the forum, and definitely the most annoying in the snidey way you do it. At least Tommy boy is fairly honest and straightforward. You do your trolling in a particularly nasty way, ie on that's not so obvious and is a bit harder to pin down, like the shit post above.

Now your hatred of me is purely down to politics. The mistake you made was not to attack my views, I welcome that, it was to pretend to be knowledgeable about a subject you know fuck all, while making comments that were extremely disparaging to me. I'll dig them out later .
Egshelly, I don't particularly disagree with your political sentiments. I don't entirely agree with them either, but that is neither here nor there. I don't expect people to agree with mine. In fact, I rather like disagreement. I find I learn a lot.

What I don't like is if disagreement is expressed in a violent, or brutal way. For example, telling ppl they are stupid, or know fuck all, etc. Then it gets boring.

And, look, I am not sayin I am little goody two shoes. I know I can get sarcastic or dismissive as well; and I even allow people to get my goat :oops:

I am just saying I think it should be possible to express disagreement - even strong disagreement - in a civil way. And when I fuck up, ppl should feel free to point it out to me 8)

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:46 pm

The best part of the Galt lineage, was when jack claimed not to be d:reamon, whilst still linking to his music in his sig to the same soundcloud account.

:lol:

Post by re:dream » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh yeah

P S
Funk N. Furter wrote:

your hatred of me .

I just want to make it clear that I don't hate you.

I really don't.

I find your behavior strange and unacceptable sometimes, and I do allow myself to get irritated, and I do show it. But that ain't hatred.

Funny thing is, I think if you posted at like 10 % of your present volume! you might actually be well liked. Your website is generally excellent, and you can be extremely helpful with n00bs. When I started out, I found your tutorials really helpful.

But you seem to be able to turn yourself into a lightning conductor for other ppl's irritation, mine included.

Partly due to your aggressive style. To the extent that now you have people ganging up on you. Sometimes I look at the posts and think it unfair .. But then you return the abuse in such egregious style that I tend to feel you brung it on yourself. And so the cycle goes around.

If I could have a wish re you, it would just be that you take a chill pill. Take things less seriously, and let people's barbs fly by. It's only the internet, FFs 8)
Last edited by re:dream on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bean Machine

Post by Bean Machine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Of course Galt is <snip!>, aka Jack McCock, aka Steve Ballmer, aka Bean Machine? aka Banned (almost certainly), aka <snip!> from Switzerland.
FYI, Bean Machine is the only handle I've ever gone by on this forum. (Well, apart from SuburbanThug, of course.)

I also happen to reside in Switzerland, a country famed for its population of 1. 8O
Last edited by Bean Machine on Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by re:dream » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:25 pm

And the national language is irony?

Bean Machine

Post by Bean Machine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:27 pm

The Finn wrote:And the national language is irony?
Yes. By which, of course, I mean no. 8)