Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
Post Reply
Bean Machine
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by Bean Machine » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Yes, but Galt is clearly having some kind of multiple personality episode, so how do you know you are not him? Can you be sure?
An eminently fair question, my friend. Let me ask you this, can I be sure that I am not you?

For all I can tell, you (along with the rest of the forum) could simply be a figment of my imagination. Thus, can I indeed be sure that Galt and myself are not one and the same?

re:dream
Posts: 4562
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by re:dream » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Tom, I think Beany's your girl 8O



docprosper
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by docprosper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

This seems like a good thread to extend my heartfelt love to all you Loungites.
Hugs all around!
Funks, Galt, get over here!!!

The Lounge:
Image
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:33 pm

docprosper wrote:This seems like a good thread to extend my heartfelt love to all you Loungites.
Hugs all around!
Funks, Galt, get over here!!!
There's a widely held rumour amongst aging clubbers (quite possibly bullshit), that the kind of football fans in England who used to enjoy nothing more than kicking the shit out of their local rivals all discovered clubbing in the late 80s. After hugging their old enemies on the dancefloor, football violence generally disappeared.

Therefore, I propose we book a large villa in Ibiza so we can all go and put this shit behind us. It will be pricey, but I'm prepared to chip in for Funken.


andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Damn it. I can't carry everyone.


andydes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: Bremen

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by andydes » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:12 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
andydes wrote:Damn it. I can't carry everyone.
In Socialism we wouldn't have that problem :lol:
Out! The door is that way :arrow:


Machinesworking
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote: Accusing me… of not knowing basic music theory…
Excuse me, but when you say things like this:
Funk N. Furter wrote:I'm not familiar with the term tonic.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Tonic is not a particularly common term.
you don't know basic music theory.

I can show you a stack of basic music theory texts that present this term within their first few pages. The kinds of theory texts that you claimed to have no money to buy while you somehow have an iMac, Live 9, and Maschine, mind you.

It's not slander if it's true and it in this case it is demonstrably so.
You sad, sad man.
There is nothing wrong with what stringtapper said here. I suppose if you base your reply on your history with him it makes some sense, but in terms of what he said right here, he's 100% right and you're 100% wrong.

It's this sort of reply that wins you no friends. I know that stringtapper has come at you full force etc. but not everyone knows that, and IMO it's best to reply to people about the subject at hand, whether they're stirring the pot or not.

Machinesworking
Posts: 11131
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:19 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:Funken pisses you off because you have control issues with other people just like he does.
Seriously dude, WTF

If this is how you perceive my posting history here, I don't think your opinon has any merit. I'm not even gonna try to defend myself, because it would just be pointless.
Nobody else here is as obsessed with their hatred of funken. Just the fact that you hate someone based on their interactions on a music forum should be a clue. There's no control issues with running around hounding a poster on a music forum publicly hoping for their banning? no control issues with attempting to tell people how to behave? We live in different worlds my friend.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by H20nly » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:28 pm

andydes wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
andydes wrote:Damn it. I can't carry everyone.
In Socialism we wouldn't have that problem :lol:
Out! The door is that way :arrow:
:lol:

awesome

hey des, i might need to borrow a few quid to get to the island. think i should ask funken what Marx would do?

stringtapper
Posts: 6278
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Important: Changes to Community Guidelines

Post by stringtapper » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: There is nothing wrong with what stringtapper said here. I suppose if you base your reply on your history with him it makes some sense, but in terms of what he said right here, he's 100% right and you're 100% wrong.

It's this sort of reply that wins you no friends. I know that stringtapper has come at you full force etc. but not everyone knows that, and IMO it's best to reply to people about the subject at hand, whether they're stirring the pot or not.
Context, Machines, context!

What the fuck has Strapper's shit-stirring and miserable, pathetic slander of me got to do with you anyway?
Since I have conclusively demonstrated that my criticism of your basic music theory knowledge is based in fact it is now safe to conclude that your continued characterization of my criticism as "slander" is, in fact, slander.
Unsound Designer

Post Reply