Galt/Steve Ballmer/Jack McCock/d.reamonn - politics ban

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
stringtapper

Re: Galt/Steve Ballmer/Jack MacCock/d.reamonn

Post by stringtapper » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Keep your cool

Please avoid trolling, spamming, flaming, and bullying. If you’ve said your piece, don’t keep posting it in the hope of reaching a new audience.
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Re: Galt/Steve Ballmer/Jack MacCock/d.reamonn

Post by stringtapper » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Ableton_David wrote:Keep your cool
Unsound Designer

Galt

Re: Galt/Steve Ballmer/Jack McCock/d.reamonn - politics ban

Post by Galt » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Galt wrote:Funken, on the other hand, is well and truly on the rag.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Everyone else knows, except for you.
Well, could I ask you to be so kind and stop it?! It's very annoying, and the Lounge is not your personal blog to whine on.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Recently Tom made a post about how he wanted to defend funken until he realized why he was getting attacked. I was the in the same when Simmerdown started ranting on funken, until I started reading threads I didn't get involved in and then I understood. Funken had quoted someone out of context and it snowballed out of control. Whether he does that on purpose and realizes it or not, in the end to accuse anyone else of slander would be hypocritical. I really don't think anyone even needs a reason for lies or slander if they wanted to call him out on anything. Galt may requote funken differently but that's in the smaller context of making a joke as it pertains to the immediate topic and that's as close as it may get.

Part of me wants to give funken a big ol cyberhug out of sympathy because all he wants is some respect and he's got all these people arguing with him and another part wishes he was bitch slapped so hard he got amnesia. Why? Because this victimization angle is much more overpowering and negative. All this evidence building is just drawing more negative attention and backfiring. If I were a mod that's where I would look. Who draws the most negative attention? Who is the most troublesome?

I'm sure to anyone unfamiliar with the forum and the characters around here they would see bullying, but there's usually more than one side to a story and all these people can not be so bad that they would all get a kick out of bullying someone, and for the most part you see over and over again people try to explain why they get upset, then funken goes into pedantic mode to try and point out the specific issue, but after awhile it just seems like an excuse to avoid the bigger picture and/or keep the ball rolling.
It's confusing. It's like Quentin Tarantino's character in From Dusk Til Dawn but not as extreme.

Funken, I don't like that you seem to feel like a bullied victim. You're fine when you aren't over-advertising and dredging up old issues but in the end all it does is make things worse. I respect that you invest a lot of time and effort in trying to teach people and I hope that you realize you have a lot more to offer than just being "funk'n'furter" - the Ableton forum regular and admin of macableton.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote:Everyone else knows, except for you.
Well, could I ask you to be so kind and stop it?! It's very annoying, and the Lounge is not your personal blog to whine on.

Am I forcing you to read this thread and post on it? Am I forcing you to post on the thread that says 'do not reply' in the title?

If I had that much control over you I would simply ensure that you never posted at all.
What right do you think you have, to even make a thread titled "do not reply" on a public forum that is not yours?! Do this on your own blog/forum, that's what personal blogs are for.
Here you are nothing but a guest, like we all are, and hogging a table at the local pub, without asking the owners and or the other guests is not acceptable either.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:02 pm

hogging a table at the local pub
I was just going to point out that the 'no one is forcing you' defense isn't always a good one but with a slightly more racy analogy.
No one is forcing the dog to come in the room and start licking the guys ass when he's having sex, either. Point being that for most of us, that would be undesirable.
ImageImage

Galt

Post by Galt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:Galt wants me banned. David does too, doubtlessly. Yet the guilty people here do not include me, but do include Galt and David.
I'm sure that if your case is solid, David will agree with you and ban himself.
Last edited by Galt on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:11 pm

In fairness, I think he was D Reamonn at the time and I thought it was pretty out of line and mean, so I'll give you that.

The thing is, after all this time, despite your recent weeks of evidence gathering, nothing has happened. I don't doubt all of this is being monitored, and any evidence for any behavior for everyone here is.....evident. So....unless Ableton gave you some sort of 'evidence threshold' which I highly doubt, nonetheless would've have already been met, all this is enforcing the cycle of negativity. You may think it's shining light on others bad behavior, but the results of all that you're doing hasn't been changing anything or making it more positive.

If it's cathartic, I understand, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the ultimate justification you're looking for.
noreason whatsoever to ban me
Well now see, this fits into "whether you realize it or not", because when it comes to vibe shifting patterns here, you have had a habit of attracting negativity and keeping that cycle going. I'd rather see you chill out than get banned, but from an admins point of view I would again have to look at the big picture and ask, what factors are there that contribute to negativity on my forum, intended or not?
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Possibly there could be an argument made, that many of us, at one point or another, could have been banned with a strict reading of the forum guidelines. But you excluding yourself from that list, while quite a few here, myself included, would see you in the top position on it, is what makes us think, that if you are not a total hypocrite, you must be delusional.

And I want to note that I already pointed out to Galt, that I think your assesment of the situation is correct. It was highly hypocritical of him, of all people to report you for spaming in that thread.
I also want to note, that I have never once written to any mods about anything, because ratting people out is lowest schoolyard behaviour IMO. Since Ableton does not moderate (except in the most hamfisted way possible) I think it would work best, if we would all self moderate ourselves a little more. Your two threads are nothing more than shit stirring though.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:19 pm

Something that may be peculiar, and I can't rely on myself for answering this is, was there this much effort to call Galt out on what he did at the time, and if not, why now instead of then?

And like I said, I remember it, because I think he (Galt, Dreamonn, etc) put a hamburger on top of her face not long posting her original pic.
Technically though she hasn't been a member of this forum and the guidelines only state about picking on other people of this forum.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Galt

Post by Galt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:20 pm

TomViolenz wrote:It was highly hypocritical of him, of all people to report you for spaming in that thread.
Hypocrisy... or comic genius? :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
What right do you think you have, to even make a thread titled "do not reply" on a public forum that is not yours?! Do this on your own blog/forum, that's what personal blogs are for.
Here you are nothing but a guest, like we all are, and hogging a table at the local pub, without asking the owners and or the other guests is not acceptable either.
Why are you crying about the fact that I started a thread, yet you have nothing to say about Galt's despicable and disgusting actions against a female who is not even a forum member, which should have got him banned months ago?

Do I need to remind you again what he did?

He posted a large photo of my friend. He said he would rather drop a drone on her than have sex with her. He ran a poll to see who agreed.

Even on the latest thread he called he a 'hamburger faced bitch'. How the hell can you be silent about that?

The 'do not reply' thread is about the moderation on this forum, and the actions of one "moderator" . I would explain to you, but you don't want any PMs.
I wasn't quite about it. I told you when you first mentioned it to me, that I agree with you, and I made my point heard towards Galt in a PM to him.
But the big difference is, he is not making a thread about it, or even EVERY FUCKING THREAD about it, so I don't have any reason to comment. Or do you think I'm his mother and responsible for his behavior?!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:28 pm

How did she end up seeing the picture?

And why didn't you end up making this big of a fuss at the time?
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage