Galt/Steve Ballmer/Jack McCock/d.reamonn - politics ban

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
TomViolenz

Re: Galt/Steve Ballmer/Jack McCock/d.reamonn - politics ban

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
TomViolenz wrote: You did behave rather badly in that thread.
In what way? Because I posted about the ANC's record in a thread about Mandela? Are you having a laugh? In fact I was responding to Galt's own post, plus one by the OP (Finn).
Let's see:
TomViolenz wrote: No it's because it's a memorial thread.
Funk N. Furter wrote: I'll fucking write you a memorial thread in a minute.
Or perhaps some pissing on a grave?
Funk N. Furter wrote:I've been in touch with Mandela through a medium, and he says "refute my arse". I'm selling the story to Paranormal Witness. I'll start another thread on it anyway.
In a memorial thread!
Funk N. Furter wrote:No, you fucking liar.
Yeah, no! I'm not having a laugh, at all :evil:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Tom, you mention dropping it and then continue to instigate. He won't drop it unless we do too.
ImageImage

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Funk, you're right, and i'm "on your side." But you will never convince anyone here of this through any conceivable argument. What you're doing, is exactly what galt/dream/mccock/landcrab/whoever wants you to do. To flail about, making yourself look bad and turning everyone else against you. You will not "win" this argument. People will not suddenly change their minds because you post some compelling record. No matter what any of us do, this place will continue to be a nest of some of the most ignorant/sexist/racist/etc dumbfucks. However, there are also plenty of level headed good folks too. But look, I understand, sometimes the shit really gets under my skin too. I'm notorious for carrying on like a total nut when one of these complete fuckwit shitbags starts up their nonsense. But at a certain point you just have to let go and carry on. I mean, don't roll over and turn the other cheek completely, but say your piece, shoot em a dagger and then just drop it. By reacting how you're reacting your just playing into what a troll wants, you are getting wound up by obvious wind ups. I'm not defending anyone who has wronged you, i'm just saying that there really isn't much you can do and your current reaction just makes you smaller, so don't do it.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Galt

Post by Galt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

shadx312 wrote:Tom, you mention dropping it and then continue to instigate. He won't drop it unless we do too.
Don't give in to tyranny!

Galt

Post by Galt » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:49 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:Funk, you're right, and i'm "on your side." But you will never convince anyone here of this through any conceivable argument. What you're doing, is exactly what galt/dream/mccock/landcrab/whoever wants you to do. To flail about, making yourself look bad and turning everyone else against you. You will not "win" this argument. People will not suddenly change their minds because you post some compelling record. No matter what any of us do, this place will continue to be a nest of some of the most ignorant/sexist/racist/etc dumbfucks. However, there are also plenty of level headed good folks too. But look, I understand, sometimes the shit really gets under my skin too. I'm notorious for carrying on like a total nut when one of these complete fuckwit shitbags starts up their nonsense. But at a certain point you just have to let go and carry on. I mean, don't roll over and turn the other cheek completely, but say your piece, shoot em a dagger and then just drop it. By reacting how you're reacting your just playing into what a troll wants, you are getting wound up by obvious wind ups. I'm not defending anyone who has wronged you, i'm just saying that there really isn't much you can do and your current reaction just makes you smaller, so don't do it.
I vote we make you moderator. :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:49 pm

shadx312 wrote:Tom, you mention dropping it and then continue to instigate. He won't drop it unless we do too.
Point taken, I'll drop it now.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Galt wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote: But at a certain point you just have to let go and carry on. I mean, don't roll over and turn the other cheek completely, but say your piece, shoot em a dagger and then just drop it. By reacting how you're reacting your just playing into what a troll wants, you are getting wound up by obvious wind ups. I'm not defending anyone who has wronged you, i'm just saying that there really isn't much you can do and your current reaction just makes you smaller, so don't do it.
I vote we make you moderator. :lol:
I second this.
Great explanation of what to do when someone won't stop a useless online debate.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Funk N. Furter wrote:
Funk N. Furter wrote: I'll fucking write you a memorial thread in a minute.
I thought that was pretty witty myself. But you never do understand jokes do you?
Just one note: When you offend, it's always a joke that the other person didn't understand and you always manage to even point to it in a condescending manner. But if one just dares to criticize you, all hell breaks lose.

But I dropped it, so no further discussion from me.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 pm

So much drama in the LBC
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:55 pm

TAINTLICK

Post by TAINTLICK » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 am

THIS THREAD IS THE BEST EVER. I REALLY LIKE THE PART WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO ACTUALLY REASON WITH FUNKEN AND TALK TO HIM AS IF HE'LL ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

*HUGS*

Galt

Post by Galt » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:49 am

You shouldn't use capitals so much—it looks like your yelling, so people are going to think that your angry...

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 am

TAINTLICK wrote:THIS THREAD IS THE BEST EVER. I REALLY LIKE THE PART WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO ACTUALLY REASON WITH FUNKEN AND TALK TO HIM AS IF HE'LL ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

*HUGS*
RETRACK THIS RUBBISH OR ELSE
:evil: :twisted: :mrgreen:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:31 am

Galt wrote:You shouldn't use capitals so much—it looks like your yelling, so people are going to think that your angry...
No, he just LOVES US ALL VERY MUCH!!! :mrgreen:

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Galt wrote:You shouldn't use capitals so much—it looks like your yelling, so people are going to think that your angry...
YOU'RE

:x
Unsound Designer