Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
TAINTLICK
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TAINTLICK » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:41 pm

NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF 20 SHOULD BE ATTENDING A FESTIVAL. 25 IS WAY PAST THE LIMIT AND 30+ ? PATHETIC AND SAD AND DESPERATE.

re:dream
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by re:dream » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Ah well. We'll miss you 8)

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:35 pm

shadx312 wrote:Heh, I think I've just been starting to not be the last man standing. It's such a bummer when you're pumped and everyone becomes an old fart. :evil:

I would definitely love to see a band playing right next to me while I'm skiing, though. Brownie points just for the coordination.
Being the last man standing in anything music related in Berlin is REALLY hard! As in serious amounts of Speed hard 8O

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 pm

The Finn wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
The Finn wrote:In SA the median age at the festivals is about 30 as far as I can make out. I and my posse raise that number some. And our camp tends to be very comfortable 8)
Tent or hotel at your festivals?

(I find that hotels go against everything that I asociate with festivals!)
Depends on the festival. For example Vortex, which is 5 days in the deep countryside, is kind of a total immersion thing. There are hot showers & so on but it is still roughing it - living in tents, music going through the night, dust, etc, but it is kind of part of the experience. There no hotels for 100 km anyway, but even going to a b & b would kinda be like leaving the time warp. And returning to civilization and clean sheets after 5 days of that is extra nice.
You guys get it! :-)
At the less immersive festivals my friends and I sometimes book out a local spot and have lazy breakfast by the pool before returning to the mayhem.

Best of all is when the venue is outside Paarl. A fiend of mine has a cabin in the mountains, 15 min from the highway but totally isolated, no cell phone, no electricity, by a beautiful mountain stream. When we need to sleep we just pop over the mountain and spend the night listening to the silence. 8)

We are going tomorrow and I have half a mind just to stay in the mountain and let my friends go to the party on their own.
Damn, I'm jealous! :evil:

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:39 pm

TAINTLICK wrote:
Galt wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:And please tell me you are not that taintlick guy? :x
I wish. That guy rocks.

:x

NO, YOU ROCK MY FRIEND. YOU ROCK.
Galt, stop talking to youself, it's a little on the pathetic side ;-)

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm

TAINTLICK wrote:NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF 20 SHOULD BE ATTENDING A FESTIVAL. 25 IS WAY PAST THE LIMIT AND 30+ ? PATHETIC AND SAD AND DESPERATE.
I hope you follow through on this when the time comes for you, because SURPRISE it comes for everyone, and always way sooner, than you ever thought possible! ;-)

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by Galt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:50 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Galt, stop talking to youself, it's a little on the pathetic side ;-)
Say what you like about TAINTLICK, at least he gets festivals. :wink:

re:dream
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by re:dream » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:02 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
TAINTLICK wrote:NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF 20 SHOULD BE ATTENDING A FESTIVAL. 25 IS WAY PAST THE LIMIT AND 30+ ? PATHETIC AND SAD AND DESPERATE.
I hope you follow through on this when the time comes for you, because SURPRISE it comes for everyone, and always way sooner, than you ever thought possible! ;-)
I make him to be about 45. And not having much fun.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:52 pm

The Finn wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
TAINTLICK wrote:NO ONE OVER THE AGE OF 20 SHOULD BE ATTENDING A FESTIVAL. 25 IS WAY PAST THE LIMIT AND 30+ ? PATHETIC AND SAD AND DESPERATE.
I hope you follow through on this when the time comes for you, because SURPRISE it comes for everyone, and always way sooner, than you ever thought possible! ;-)
I make him to be about 45. And not having much fun.
I was more thinking about 12 ;-)

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Galt wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:Galt, stop talking to youself, it's a little on the pathetic side ;-)
Say what you like about TAINTLICK, at least he gets festivals. :wink:
Yeah, if mom doesn't catch him sneaking out... :roll:

Galt
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by Galt » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Thread reported for cyber-bullying of a minor.

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by beats me » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:37 pm

One of the other reasons I wouldn’t want to camp at a festival is I’m usually pretty crispy the following morning and I don’t want to be woken up by the sun super lighting and heating my tent or loud people. But I’m also kidding myself because as well as being the last man standing I am also the first man up. Don’t know how I pull that off. Maybe it’s my superpower.

One of my favorite day after early morning memories was when I had 24 people at our cabin (is that a festival?) and about 7 AM I went out to the back and there was a guy walking around drinking out of a bottle of Jack in one hand while picking up trash in the other. He was Scottish. Maybe that’s how Scotts roll.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: Feature someone who isn't minimal techno, pls.

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 pm

beats me wrote:One of the other reasons I wouldn’t want to camp at a festival is I’m usually pretty crispy the following morning and I don’t want to be woken up by the sun super lighting and heating my tent or loud people. But I’m also kidding myself because as well as being the last man standing I am also the first man up. Don’t know how I pull that off. Maybe it’s my superpower.

One of my favorite day after early morning memories was when I had 24 people at our cabin (is that a festival?) and about 7 AM I went out to the back and there was a guy walking around drinking out of a bottle of Jack in one hand while picking up trash in the other. He was Scottish. Maybe that’s how Scotts roll.
A real Scott wouldn't drink Jack :mrgreen:

And yes, there are downsides to camping at a festival.

Last time I went to a festival, I went to the tent to sleep at around 7am. The sun was just climbing over the tree tops. Luckily our tent was standing in the open field and we were looking forward to the hottest day of the year... Not fun! AT ALL :evil:

After about an hour I left the tent again to go to one of the big chill out tents in the shade...'t was the only way to make sure I would survive that day ;-)

Before that I took a nice swim in the lake though. Almost made up for it! :-)

Post Reply