So long and thanks for all the Eskimos.

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Galt

So long and thanks for all the Eskimos.

Post by Galt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

David wrote:To confirm - are you d.reamonn? Bans are permanent across accounts - if you are d.reamonn, then you need to leave the forum.

David
Galt wrote:Hi David,

Thanks for asking me this. There have been several attempts to accuse me of "multing", especially from Funk N. Furter, although things do seem to have calmed down recently—most probably as a result of Funk's departure.

I suspect you're asking me whether I'm a mult due to private correspondence between yourself and the aforementioned Furter, who I could also speculate is hard at work, pleading his case to be allowed to rejoin. I would also guess that his case would involve a point by point attack on your moderation policies, which—let's face it—are anything but consistent.

When I first joined this forum under the name d.reamonn, I engaged in quite a bit of light trolling—although nothing worse than what was already present here in spades. I also took the time to help other users with their various issues, the most recent example of which was as recent as today (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200981). In addition, I chose to post the occasional serious political rant on the side, for good measure. One of these political rants, if memory serves, was against current US divorce laws, and contained the word "bitch" one or two more times than could be considered appropriate. After I posted it, you contacted me to warn me that sexist language was not permitted on the forum, which is fair. Subsequently, I made a conscious effort to "tone it down", as per your request. However, a few weeks later, even though I hadn't posted anything remotely sexist since, you chose to ban me, citing sexism as the motive.

I ask you now, how do you expect to maintain a civil house here if your standards are so arbitrary?

I could tell you that I am not d.reamonn, but I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence. I could also attempt to rejoin at some later stage under a different handle, but this little game of cat and mouse seems to have run its course. It's been a good season, but like all good shows, best leave the audience hungry for more rather than bore them into oblivion.

At this point you have a choice: you can either ban me again (after all, you have to appear consistent!), or we can agree that since political threads are no longer permitted here, and since my record as Galt more than shows that I do know how to post in accordance with your Guidelines, my presence here is actually welcome.

Either way, I'll abide by your decision.

Kind regards,
d.reamonn, Jack McOck, The Queen of England, Steve Ballmer and Galt

andydes

Re: So long and thanks for all the Eskimos.

Post by andydes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Time for one last global warming shit fight for old time sake?

Galt

Post by Galt » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:33 pm

Galt & associated mults are now gone. Locking this thread as he cannot respond - please respect that he's gone now.