Bad vibes on the forum :(

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
TheNobleNemesis

Bad vibes on the forum :(

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:42 am

Why is everyone at eachother's throats all the time on this forum? Why can't we all just get along?
We're all here for one (or two) reasons here; to learn from others, and to educate others. Why must we continue all these long internet wars when all it does is annoy everyone else and cause more and more frustration on everyone's part. There is no winning this game, so why don't we all stop playing it?

H20nly

Re: Bad vibes on the forum :(

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:40 am

i'll kill you for saying that you fucking wanker! :twisted:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 am

Because people on internet forums are the outcasts of society, who don't have any friends in real life. The behaviour you see displayed here gives you an indication of why that is :twisted:

So escape while you still can! 86 posts is pretty far along this path of doom already, better stop before you have 1774 or even 12387 8O

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:35 am

My impression had been that, post the exit of Funken and Gaslt, things have been really mellow.

If there is a flame war on that I missed, I am very relieved!

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I think the OP is reading some comparably older posts coupled with the fact that this forum doesn't get a lot of new threads. They missed the purge.

But still, fuck all of you! :x

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 pm

This place and FB are where i go to most on the interweb. I like this forum a lot. The reaper one is ok but i prefer this. I rarely, if ever, contribute to the arguments but i do read nearly all of them. The levimoniz one the other year was awesome.

quite a lot of people here seem fucking great. Me included :wink:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:56 pm

slatepipe wrote:This place and FB are where i go to most on the interweb. I like this forum a lot. The reaper one is ok but i prefer this. I rarely, if ever, contribute to the arguments but i do read nearly all of them. The levimoniz one the other year was awesome.

quite a lot of people here seem fucking great. Me included :wink:

What percentage of your friends on FB are foley stage artists? :wink:

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Um, maybe 10? :?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:01 pm

The Finn wrote:My impression had been that, post the exit of Funken and Gaslt, things have been really mellow.

If there is a flame war on that I missed, I am very relieved!
There was one just recently in the main section. I remember having been called a thief and a retard for no apparent reason... :x

And I don't think that Galt was much to blame for flame wars (his earlier incarnations maybe, I don't remember). He said very disagreable things at times, but he was able to let it go, and who knows if he was ever really serious about what he wrote. He was an Agent Provocateur, but very obvious at that, so if someone got offended then this person is as much to blame as he was.
Funken on the other hand......Well, let's just say: Good riddance!

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:41 pm

TomViolenz wrote:There was one just recently in the main section. I remember having been called a thief and a retard for no apparent reason... :x
He never actually called you a "thief." You're the one who started using that word.

Did you ever ask him what he meant by this:
eyeknow wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
eyeknow wrote:

This is false. But of course people know that already. I HAS A DEMO. If you can't figure it out with the demo, you're just a fucking crackhead. People crack because they are cheap ass bastards. (and most of them have mommy and daddy to flip the bill so please spare me the "some can't afford it" BS :) )
I found his stereotypes a lot more convincing, than yours to be honest! Maybe not everyone in this world comes from a background where mommy and daddy flip the bills?! Don't extend your own experience out to the whole world! :x
In other words.......you a crackhead :lol:

No, I don't think you did:
TomViolenz wrote:Fuck you asshole :evil:
If you can't discuss differing opinions from yours without offending people, you should not be on this forum!
Who the fuck do you think you are to talk to me like this?!
TomViolenz wrote:I invite him to come to Berlin and call me a thief to my face...after that hug he will never call someone a thief ever again :evil:
Fuck that motherfucker!
Just sayin'.
Unsound Designer

steko

Post by steko » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:45 pm

+1 :roll:
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:42 pm

stringtapper wrote: Did you ever ask him what he meant by this:
eyeknow wrote: In other words.......you a crackhead :lol:
Are you kidding?! That's not just calling me a thief but also using a cutesy term for it with just a wiff of implied drug abuse.
It should also be considered that he had just stated in prior posts his disgust with people, who do what he implied by this sentence that I do too.
And it's not like he responded in following posts clarifying that he did not intend to call me a thief, no he doubled down on the claim and added a "retard" on top.

So if you think that the things I said to him afterwards are not warranted for offending me in this way on a public board without prior attacks on my part, then I can't help that.

But my invite to him is still open, maybe he likes to offend me to my face like this :evil:
Last edited by TomViolenz on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Tom, quit being a retard! :P

Actually, retarded people let shit go. :P

I’m playing, thus the :P

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:52 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Image
My point is that you're overreacting.

You're cool, so stay cool.