switched to android phone.. any suggestions?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
swishniak

switched to android phone.. any suggestions?

Post by swishniak » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:41 pm

picked up a cheap moto g and already glad i got out of the iphone cult. but a bit overwhelmed by the google play / apps / basic utilities.

could use some good suggestions for:

- launchers
- camera apps
- good ebook reader
- music (mp3) player (not streaming)
- podcasts

would be appreciated.

slatepipe

Re: switched to android phone.. any suggestions?

Post by slatepipe » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:51 pm

I use poweramp for music. Tapemachine for recording. Looper app is a great free looping toy. Pixlrmatic for photos.

speak and spell and Theremin apps.

profanisaurus for puerile hilarity :D

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:54 pm

What ever you download... Make sure and read both reviews and permissions on the app before installing it. The beauty of the open platform is both its biggest strength and biggest weakness. That's the one thing about Apple that made me get an iPhone for my mom... The AppStore has certain standards that can be annoying for a savvy user but are a savior for folks who don't know better... So my best advice to you is proceed with caution.

Otherwise; enjoy your new device!!

Sorry I don't have specific answers to your questions... I got switched to iPhone from a bizarre series of event at work about a year and a half ago, but I did enjoy my Android(s).

The kindle app should make for a good ereader.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:02 pm

This is upsetting. I’ve had every other iPhone starting with the 1 and in that time I’ve never been asked to join the cult. Do I need to purchase every version to be cultworthy? Is it already too late? I don’t want people thinking I go with iPhones by my own choice when being in the cult is the only excusable explanation.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 pm

beats me wrote:This is upsetting. I’ve had every other iPhone starting with the 1 and in that time I’ve never been asked to join the cult. Do I need to purchase every version to be cultworthy? Is it already too late? I don’t want people thinking I go with iPhones by my own choice when being in the cult is the only excusable explanation.
Typical hipster rhetoric :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:45 am

eyeknow wrote:
beats me wrote:This is upsetting. I’ve had every other iPhone starting with the 1 and in that time I’ve never been asked to join the cult. Do I need to purchase every version to be cultworthy? Is it already too late? I don’t want people thinking I go with iPhones by my own choice when being in the cult is the only excusable explanation.
he should grow a fu manchu mustache and hang Apple beads on it...

they will tap the side of his PBR causing each sip to signal the drops of beer to come... before they run down the facial hair into obscurity. if he drinks it they will come. :x

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:02 pm

H20nly wrote:
eyeknow wrote:
he should grow a fu manchu mustache and hang Apple beads on it...

they will tap the side of his PBR causing each sip to signal the drops of beer to come... before they run down the facial hair into obscurity. if he drinks it they will come. :x
that, and his first (several) mistake(s) were to not lose the previous models in his neckbeard.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.