Bitcoin

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Bitcoin

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm

LSZ. Have you ever been to an official gathering of Libertarians? I’ve heard they are nuttier than the rightest of right Republicans and a complete buzzkill to those who just thought it sounded great on paper or the internet.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:52 pm

-
Last edited by TomViolenz on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm

beats me wrote:I’ve heard…
One "hears" lots of things when they only ever come into contact with people they agree with.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 pm

And I suppose anybody who is disheartened when they meet the real deal must be a paid plant from the opposing side. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:03 pm

beats me wrote:LSZ. Have you ever been to an official gathering of Libertarians? I’ve heard they are nuttier than the rightest of right Republicans and a complete buzzkill to those who just thought it sounded great on paper or the internet.

I have been and, like with any group of people, it's a big tent with lots of diverse opinions.

Remember where most people get their reports about Libertarians - and the Tea Party for that matter: From news outlets and bloggers in which the thought of the government not being involved in every fucking thing in our lives is unspeakable. :lol:

Are there kooks? Well, are there kooks in the Repub and Dem camps? Of course there are...

The most common, and unforgivable, fallacy is that Libertarians just want a massive pile of unregulated everything - where corporations run the planet and we're all wearing gasmasks because the EPA has been dismantled.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:03 pm

Eh, Libertarians just want their own new bureaucracy called The Department of No where they employ all their party members to reject shit all day long. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:55 pm

I just re-reviewed the forum guidelines and this thread is now officially fucked. :x

perez.5

Post by perez.5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:17 am

I am really feeling great to be on the forum and come across this thread.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:06 am

-
Last edited by TomViolenz on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:42 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Basicall they are just Conservatives, without the moral hang-ups on sexuality. It's all: I got MINE, fuck you!! :x
Problem? :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:08 pm

-

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:22 pm

So I guess it's safe to say you don't like Libertarians or their greed?

:lol:

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 pm

TomViolenz wrote:I actually have all material things I need (even Push ;-)), so no, not on a personal level.

But diguising personal greed as a political philosophy is intelectually very weak. It's just a tactic used to deflect real criticism and to muddy the waters.

If people are greedy (or more likely want to fight for the greed of their masters while waiting for crumbs to trickle down), fine: Say so. That means I know what is really at issue and we can either compromise or decide that compromise is not possible. But don't hide behind making it about personal liberties.
Hey, we were talking about sex there! :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:50 pm

Things Libertarians Believe:

Gay Marraige
The Right wants government to outlaw gay marraige. The Left wants the government to allow and protect gay marriage.
The Libertarians wonder why government is involved in marriage in the first place.
:lol:

Free Trade For All - No More WTO, World Bank, NAFTA, etc etc
These organizations were established by the elite ruling economic classes and have done nothing but keep 3rd world countries poor whilst protecting and bolstering wealthy individuals and nations. They are totally and utterly political organizations, and their practices continue to destroy lives.

Stop Meddling In The Foreign Affairs of Other Nations
Across the board, this is one of the main platforms of every Libertarian group. Need I say more? FFS. It's the most important tenant of the Lib platform.

Legalization of Pot / End the so-called 'War on Drugs'
Nuff said. Nearly every Libertarian group supports these two measures.

End Financial Support (esp military) for Israel and Every Other 'friendly' nation
Can't get any clearer than that, really.

Drastic Reduction of Military Spending and Complete Withdrawl of US forces from Europe.
What are US troops still doing in Europe? FFS.

End All Drone Strikes
A drone here, a drone there. Pretty soon we're talking about real lives and money.

End the embargo on Cuba, re-establish trade and diplomatic ties.
This shit has gone on long enough.

Stop Bank and Corporate Bail Outs
No matter what the circumstance, the federal government in the US should stop bailouts.

Get Rid of the Patriot Act - or at least most provisions
Libertarians see the Patriot Act as one of the most heinous assaults on Liberty since the USA was founded.

Keep the Internet Free From Government Interference
Libertarians feel that any involvement by the government to regulate and police the internet is flat out wrong.

Support of A Patients' Right To Die
Libertarians believe that terminally ill patients should have a right to end their own lives with medical assistance.

Hold CEOs Accountable
Libertarians would end the endless myriad of corporate and LLC protection laws that prevent CEOs and other high ranking corporate leadership from being held personally accountable for massive failures and corruption. Prior to the early 1970s, bank owners and other corp executives (and their personal fortunes) were not so easily protected and immune from civil and criminal action.

Yeah, wow. I see what you mean. Based on that list above (and I could go on) I'd say that Libertarians are really out of touch assholes, greedy, and unrealistic.

:roll:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:13 pm

-