Buying new toys in Germany

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
andydes

Buying new toys in Germany

Post by andydes » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Guten abend. Ich bin in Deutschland!

Starting a new life over here, and GAS has set in already. Part of my deal was one month's extra salary to cover the costs of moving everything. Instead, I came with two bags and I'm going to blow it all on new shit.

So looking for a reputable source of tech stuff.

Thomann look promising (they have the least crappy website I've seen.

Any thoughts?

H20nly

Re: Buying new toys in Germany

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 pm

just don't ask for a dradle.

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:24 am

:x

andydes

Post by andydes » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:59 pm

Cheers Tom. Think I found the monitors I want before leaving UK, so could just get online.

But I'll probably check of Hamburg sometime in next few weeks, so maybe drop in the shop. Nothing at all in Bremen, but that's not surprising.

On another note, there's about 2000 people drinking beer in the sun by the river. I think I'll like it here.

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:55 am

andydes wrote:Guten abend. Ich bin in Deutschland!

Starting a new life over here, and GAS has set in already. Part of my deal was one month's extra salary to cover the costs of moving everything. Instead, I came with two bags and I'm going to blow it all on new shit.

So looking for a reputable source of tech stuff.

Thomann look promising (they have the least crappy website I've seen.

Any thoughts?
I avoid online stores, trying to support small local stores like Cream Music (since 150 years) in Frankfurt or Uli Rhode`s in Heidelberg where you can try instruments, talk with people who love music and instruments, but above all have knowledge /experience and if they dont they say so. The huge shops like Musicstore, Session Music, Just Music are not any better than online, they all moved more and more into online business and competent salesman became rarity, than better ordering online instead of wasting time listening to rubbish sale talk. Years back shops like Session Music were started by passionate musicians, or music fans, meanwhile sold to big entities with no connection to music.
Thomann defines the prices on German market - all the other online shops try to follow, match their prices (if they dont they will matvch the price if you show them that Thomann has it cheaper) check online shops located in eastern Germany like Korn Musik and Musik-Town, very often they have better deals than Thomann. http://www.meinpaket.de have interesting deals, it is actually DHL trying to compete with Amazon and co. so they actually subsidies the sells. I bought 299€ Novation from Korn Music through them but paid only 250, most recently Aiaiai Capitol cans for 39€ instead of 99.

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 am

H20nly wrote:just don't ask for a dradle.
I think infected mushroom and astral projection have paved the way for dradles.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.