Native Instruments makes the best commercials

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: Native Instruments makes the best commercials

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Rise & Hit is one of the most useful niche libraries NI has put out to date, possibly not even that niche cause a lot of tracks can use some risers and builders. It’s got a lot of variety and versatility, and it’s certainly a lot more interesting than just putting a filter sweep on white noise.

My roommate didn’t “get it” from the commercial, but after I showed him it in action he got upset that he’s such a tightwad with his money. It’s a little too niche for his spending behavior, but he’s definitely wobbling on the fence.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:30 pm

I have a DJ gig coming up for the first time in a long time and I was blowing the dust off my S4 controller and Traktor. Ran Service Center and noticed Traktor hasn’t had any updates in a long time. I then checked my version of Traktor and its some proprietary S4 version that hasn’t been updated since 2010.

I’m sure it’s fine but I am kind of out of practice on Traktor’s less than obvious functions. I downloaded the Traktor Pro 2 demo and after I fiddled with it I bought it. I wish I realized awhile back that I wasn’t on the current version because I would have used one of my aging $25 NI vouchers for that instead of some sound library I rarely use. :? :x

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Where's the gig??

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Remind me - since upgrades are not included in the current NI sale: when is the time to upgrade from Komplete 8 to Komplete Ultimate?

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:34 pm

sporkles wrote:Remind me - since upgrades are not included in the current NI sale: when is the time to upgrade from Komplete 8 to Komplete Ultimate?

Around the holidays, or you might have missed an early summer sale with a 50% discount. Well worth it once you do it.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:56 pm

How'd the gig go?

Did anyone dance? :P

Michael Bolton Trap Remix FTW
ImageImage

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Gig went well. It was a 4th of July pool party with a lot of couples with kids which is to be expected with people in my age group. No dancing, but a lot of head bobbing and wooting. I even managed to squeeze in a half hour Country set (screw you guys for not liking Country :x )