Native Instruments makes the best commercials

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Native Instruments makes the best commercials

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:13 pm

More times than not I don’t even skip them when given the opportunity and they make me want to buy shit I already own. :x

Samuel L. Jizzle

Re: Native Instruments makes the best commercials

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:15 pm

First a new car, now this. Sir, you have a problem.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:23 pm

:x

I already own most of what the commercials are selling and anything new I don’t own at this point I see as a big advertisement for the growing catalog of what I’ll be getting with the Komplete Ultimate upgrade for $250 come Christmas 2014.

TheNobleNemesis

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm starting to think that NI is the best music company out there - Their commercials are incredible, their products are of incredible quality - with incredible quality interfaces I might add, their customer service is the best i've ever experienced, and i've never had a single instance of buyers remorse when purchasing software or hardware from them.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm

And their software is very reasonably priced, with the possible exception of specialty libraries like Action Strings. It’s great for what it does but very niche and isn’t as versatile or easy to use as the advertisement leads you to believe. You’ll be disappointed if you dropped $300 on what you thought would be an instant classical or soundtrack hit maker. That’s why it’s best to buy their stuff in bundles or discount deals, and they have frequent discount deals including their annual 50% off everything (except hardware).

I got a $25 off coupon with something I bought from them that was supposed to expire in 30 days (or maybe it was 90). Regardless I didn’t use it for like a year and it still worked. :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:52 pm

TheNobleNemesis wrote:I'm starting to think that NI is the best music company out there - Their commercials are incredible, their products are of incredible quality - with incredible quality interfaces I might add, their customer service is the best i've ever experienced, and i've never had a single instance of buyers remorse when purchasing software or hardware from them.
It was hard earned through years of making mistakes. They took until v4.8 or so before Reaktor was stable in OSX, Absynth was a huge CPU pig on Windows for years, Kontakt had crashing bugs for it's first 3 versions. They at one point decided to add a subscription model where you pay for updates for a year then ran into issues porting to 64 bit or OSX can't remember, but released pretty much nothing that year, had to extend the 'subscription', then stopped producing it afterwards.
On top of that before Maschine came out they were working on Kore as the integrated solution to their massive array of plug ins and add ons to those plug ins. It basically acts as a mixer with MIDI and audio FX inside your track, but the major advantage was preset management, Reaktor in Kore is waaay better. The first version was a CPU pig and wonky, v2 was great but Maschine outsold it by a landslide, so they abandoned it. As you would expect those of us who used it were royally pissed.

Though I agree, they have been on the ball lately, and it's a great thing to see. Sales and a large enough development team have turned them from Walmart into Nordstrom's.

I will say though they still are the most disorganized huge package that I have. The updates for my Komplete regular came as 22 instals..... I'm loving that everything is super stable these days though! 8)

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:46 am

"intalls".

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:14 pm

I downloaded the demo of NI’s new MOLEKULAR multi-effects processor. It runs for 30 minutes and then stops working and you can’t recall any presets you might have created. But that’s more than enough time to flatten whatever you created to audio and also enough time to determine you should just wait and get it as part of some bundle. :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Samuel L. Jizzle wrote:"intalls".

Epic grammar nazi fail! :x

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 pm

;)

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 pm

I got a new Kontakt library. Damn right the commercial sold me. When I went to load it I learned I needed to update to the latest version of Kontakt first. In doing that I discovered I had a total of 30 NI updates available. Fuuuuuck. :x

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Really enjoy Native Instruments commercials,they are great,But I don't let that infulence that,in my purchases.

I would sooner,sit back and listen to what others have to say,and then consider how I would use them in my music :idea:

Being a new user of Native Instruments,my friend here,uses them in his work,and I was amazed,by the quality of the instruments, the sounds produced etc :D

I bought various packs and finally the Komplete 9.Some of them in the 2013 Sale,including the amazing Razor :D

Some of the packs are for a niche market,as mentioned in a previous post,thats true enough.Although I'm sure others will have a very good use for them.

For me,personally they are ideal,for my ambient work.Really liking Action Strings,Action Strikes,Session Strings,etc.

The more recently realeased, Hits and Falls.this is one,is perfect for my creepy (forthcoming Halloween stuff,and much more I have planned,ha,ha)

I recently saved up enough,and bought Maschine Miko, really nice bit of kit,well made,(perfect for my tiny space)and really enjoying the new 2.1.1.maschine sofware. :D

Tied all togehter while using the Live 9 Suite and its a perfect work enviroment,for me, as a hobbyist musician (if thats the right way to describe myself,ha,ha) :D

So one very happy N.I customer overall :D

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm

beats me wrote:I got a new Kontakt library. Damn right the commercial sold me. When I went to load it I learned I needed to update to the latest version of Kontakt first. In doing that I discovered I had a total of 30 NI updates available. Fuuuuuck. :x
They need to take the time and write a script that instals all the updates automatically. It's always a half an hour process to instal updates. :x

1st world problems for sure, but I think it would be sweet.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:47 am

I have to admit, I still can't believe how much I like the current NI line up for the most part, something I swore I'd never do. I bought a few of their things early on, and yes it was bugs and hassles galore. I lost so much work to Battery or Spektral Delay crashing :( I had a grudge against them to say the least. But they really have turned things around, the Maschine and Traktor platforms are pretty mature and the price for the hardware combos is really good.

But I still think this is the best commercial for music gear, sorry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8qqPjpOlZI

And people should know how much I dislike the OT for failing on me, so it's not fan boy.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:14 am

Yeah that commercial is out of hand! Too bad about the Octotrack, though honestly like I said in another thread software samplers are far superior IMO.

I've owned Komplete since Version 2, when Kontakt was buggy as hell and Reaktor pre 4.7 was useless.
Battery failed a little later around 07-8, particularly with Live, a known bug that wasn't Ableton's fault. Just based on intuition, but they seem to have had a hard time for a while with porting between OS'. Absynth was a total pig on PC's forever, and it's originally a Mac only synth. Reaktor was originally PC only, same with Kontakt if I recall. Nowadays everything is solid, the port to 64 bit OSX intel seems to have done them good.