Video: Bitwig and Ableton 9 comparison

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
designwebuk

Video: Bitwig and Ableton 9 comparison

Post by designwebuk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Here is a video I did discussing the comparisons between Ableton 9 and Bitwig Studio.
This is not a DAW war video, just looking at the differences of these two great studio applications.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQNoyFhGIc

Angstrom

Re: Video: Bitwig and Ableton 9 comparison

Post by Angstrom » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:33 pm

"Ah-bul-ton"

Wait, what? 8O

njh

Post by njh » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Its Aye bull ton. Say the word "Able" and the word "ton" now put them together and say Ableton.

Now stop saying Ableton and say "Live" as in "im going to see this live show" The program is called "Live" and its made by the company Ableton.

Its like calling Cubase Steinberg or Protools Avid

I did watch the video though and agree with most of the points you made especially about Ableton not really adding anything that users have been asking for with Live 9.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:49 am

Erm, not everyone speaks English the way they do in Texas. The guy's got a (very slight) regional UK accent. Get used to it :roll:

Though it *is* actually called Live. 8)

Good review

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:58 am

The Finn wrote:Erm, not everyone speaks English the way they do in Texas.
And how's that exactly?
Unsound Designer

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:01 am

8)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:16 am

The thing about the US is that many people from Generation X onwards don't even have regional accents anymore. The generic "American" accent is pretty pervasive these days. Most northerners I encounter can't detect a "Texan" or "Southern" accent in my voice.
Unsound Designer

njh

Post by njh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:35 am

The Finn wrote:Erm, not everyone speaks English the way they do in Texas. The guy's got a (very slight) regional UK accent. Get used to it :roll:

Though it *is* actually called Live. 8)

Good review
The pronunciation of Ableton is not regional its pronounced the way I said everywhere... By Germans, other people from the U.K. and everywhere else.... You may use another accent than me but the word is the same. You can " get used" to that. I think Angstrom is also from the U.K. he was the first to spot the wrong pronunciation so your theory of people in the U.K. calling it abb le ton is wrong.
And what the makes you think I talk with a Texas Accent? Are you saying people in Texas speak english wrong?

njh

Post by njh » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:44 am

stringtapper wrote:The thing about the US is that many people from Generation X onwards don't even have regional accents anymore. The generic "American" accent is pretty pervasive these days. Most northerners I encounter can't detect a "Texan" or "Southern" accent in my voice.
People may not have a Southern accent in Texas as much anymore but the southern accent still exists in other places in the age group you are saying.
I live in Michigan, 3 hours south of me in Indiana and Ohio is where the southern accent starts. By the time I get to Indianapolis or Cincinnati the southern accent completely takes over. I was in Nashville about a week ago and the Southern Accent definitely still lives strong there. There is even a southern accent in parts of southern Pennsylvania.
I have a sister who has lived in the south most of her life who is 26 and her along with all of her friends have a strong southern accent.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:45 am

njh wrote:
stringtapper wrote:The thing about the US is that many people from Generation X onwards don't even have regional accents anymore. The generic "American" accent is pretty pervasive these days. Most northerners I encounter can't detect a "Texan" or "Southern" accent in my voice.
People may not have a Southern accent in Texas as much anymore but the southern accent still exists in other places in the age group you are saying.
I live in Michigan, 3 hours south of me in Indiana and Ohio is where the southern accent starts. By the time I get to Indianapolis or Cincinnati the southern accent completely takes over. I was in Nashville about a week ago and the Southern Accent definitely still lives strong there. There is even a southern accent in parts of southern Pennsylvania.
I have a sister who has lived in the south most of her life who is 26 and her along with all of her friends have a strong southern accent.
It exist in Texas too. That's why I said "many" and not "all."
Unsound Designer

Post by 102455 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 pm

I'm in the UK and this is the first time I've heard anyone pronounce it Able (rhymes with Scrabble) ton. Usually it's pronounced Able (rhymes with cable) ton.

Maybe the guy doesn't get out much and has never heard anyone else say it. It's odd! 8O

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:30 pm

It's actually the same pronunciation, just a different accent. The English also say "cah-ble" instead of "cay-ble" and "geh" instead of "gay".

Post by 102455 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:11 pm

That's not an accent. He's just pronouncing it wrong.
Samuel L. Jizzle wrote:The English also say "cah-ble" instead of "cay-ble" and "geh" instead of "gay".
Not in the UK they don't! We say "tom-ah-toe" but we certainly don't say "cah-ble", and "gay" is "gay", not "geh".

Samuel L. Jizzle

Post by Samuel L. Jizzle » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:36 pm

102455 wrote:
Samuel L. Jizzle wrote:The English also say "cah-ble" instead of "cay-ble" and "geh" instead of "gay".
Not in the UK they don't! We say "tom-ah-toe" but we certainly don't say "cah-ble", and "gay" is "gay", not "geh".
:roll: