Where have you traveled in the world?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
TheNobleNemesis

Where have you traveled in the world?

Post by TheNobleNemesis » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:48 am

I personally have gone to Italy, the Vatican, Spain, France, Montecarlo, The Bahamas, and Bermuda.

My favorite place to visit is probably Italy. I can overlook the fact that there's no air conditioning because their gelato shops are like no other - and the pizza in Italy is like nothing you've ever had before. France has some sweet pastries, but to be honest, the people there are really rude. Probably because i'm an American.

Where have you traveled to, and how did you like it?

re:dream

Re: Where have you traveled in the world?

Post by re:dream » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Hmmm...

I have lived in Amsterdam, London, New Haven, and Cape Town.

Have traveled in the USA, Germany, Austria... Visited Mexico.

Most of my traveling has been on conferences. Brazil, Italy, Denmark, Austria, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Kenya.

London, Oxford, Manchester, the Hague crop up regularly in my itinerary & I have very good friends in London and Manchester.

I loved Rio. I felt I fitted right in. (Racism, colonialism, slavery - hey, I know the landscape)! Tijuana the same: A city founded on guns, money, tourism, transactional sex and violence. A nasty vibe, but a familiar one for anyone who has lived in South Africa 8O

Kampala (in Uganda) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) were some of my favourite places & some of my peak experiences have involved getting totally and utterly lost in both those cities. Vibrant and energetic, with fabulous people and insane traffic. Kampala city traffic cops should be declared national monuments.

Never been further east than Dubai. The GF is an experienced Thailand / Indonesia hand and keeps threatening to take me there on holiday. That would be cool.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:20 pm

brazil, usa, polynesia (moorea & tahiti), morocco, romania, bulgaria, NZ, sri lanka, india, nepal, china, russia, indonesia, malaysia, thailand, spain, italy, france, poland, hungary, some other places...

next week im going to estonia for the weekend

sri lanka, brazil, moorea and nz were my favourites. usa was pretty nice for staring out a train window for days on end while eating cheese danish and drinking shit coffee

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:42 pm

West Virginia, Wyoming, Laos, and Cambodia.
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

Post by re:dream » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:18 pm

slatepipe wrote:. usa (...) drinking shit coffee

word.

I forgot to say that my other favourite city was Bologna. Beautiful inner city, amazing food, cool and laid back attitude, good coffee, and many other attractions besides 8)

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:36 pm

[quote="slatepipe"]next week im going to estonia for the weekend/quote]
Loved Estonia - even the most touristy part of the whole country, Tallinn's old town, is nice compared to other easyjet-ravaged destinations. Have fun...

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:35 pm

8O wrote:
slatepipe wrote:next week im going to estonia for the weekend/quote]
Loved Estonia - even the most touristy part of the whole country, Tallinn's old town, is nice compared to other easyjet-ravaged destinations. Have fun...
hey cheers - yeah i'll check it out. im going to tartu as well, my mrs is there at the moment

http://thequietus.com/articles/14926-ta ... nian-bands i just read about this the other day too, i missed the music week but im looking forward to going

aisling

Post by aisling » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 pm

Driven across the USA a few times, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Amsterdam, Germany, Belgium, Mexico, virgin islands, Canada, and intergalactic travel while on LSD.

There is something about Israel that is inspiring.
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:43 am

Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, New York, New Hampshire, Maryland, Washington DC, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California

England, Scotland, Whales

Mexico!! Viva Mejico!!

and I bumped into Aisling on LSD, mushrooms, and peyote but he didn't recognize me because I looked like a tracer...

edit: forgot Florida
Last edited by H20nly on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RonaldDumsfeld

Post by RonaldDumsfeld » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 pm

I did the overland to India thing when I was a teenager in the mid seventies.

Afghanistan was a real thrill. Like walking out onto the set of Game of Thrones.

The Vaucluse in the South of France is my current favourite place.

The smell of the garrique, the food, the wine, the sun, the sounds, the easygoing inhabitants.

Yes. Really. What you have to bear in mind as a foreigner in France is that they are not discriminating against you. They are like that to one another as well. More so if they Paris plates on their car. The upside is when you do make friends they tend to become really good mates and look after you royally. (ime).

Post by re:dream » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:31 pm

H20nly wrote: I bumped into Aisling on LSD, mushrooms, and peyote but he didn't recognize me because I looked like a tracer...
I thought you guys seemed familiar... 8)

Definitely Not Dillon Francis

Post by Definitely Not Dillon Francis » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:35 pm

I've been to China, Italy, America, France, The Bahamas, Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, and the Phillipines.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 am

The only place I hadn't been was Easter Island so, on my way back from a recent trip to Argentina I instructed my pilot to go there.

Boring as fuck. Those statues are much bigger in photos.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:00 am

I've been all over the US - all over the carribean - Hawaii

faves would be hiking the Napali coast of Kauai, the beaches(and amazing food) of the Yucatan, snorkeling in Negril, Napa valley

peace
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:49 pm

Mister Natural wrote: Yucatan
there.

that's where i want to be.