Approaching people because of the song they’re blasting

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
regretfullySaid

Re: Approaching people because of the song they’re blasting

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:42 pm

re:dream wrote:I have already sent Tom an email, suggesting that he expunge our retarded friend's unfortunate remarks.
I have to ask why. Ableton took down the original comment which is obviously their right but can we, apart from being governed by something else, let some free speech be exercised? If you want it gone because it's offensive to women, how about you leave it to women to take up the issue?

At least consider the comment can serve as a sign to part of Goddards mentality. He speaks for himself.

Also if it has to do with sensitivity it seems a little hypocritical after calling someone retarded. Not that I have a problem with it...
ImageImage

[stm]

Post by [stm] » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:57 pm

shadx312 wrote:
re:dream wrote:I have already sent Tom an email, suggesting that he expunge our retarded friend's unfortunate remarks.
I have to ask why. Ableton took down the original comment which is obviously their right but can we, apart from being governed by something else, let some free speech be exercised? If you want it gone because it's offensive to women, how about you leave it to women to take up the issue?

At least consider the comment can serve as a sign to part of Goddards mentality. He speaks for himself.

Also if it has to do with sensitivity it seems a little hypocritical after calling someone retarded. Not that I have a problem with it...
I had actually missed that one. It's removed now. Tom, sorry to step on your toes.

I'd like to say here that we try to be as lenient as possible with respect to moderation - it's often hard to draw the line regarding the question where offensive material begins. But as with anything, extremes are easy to spot, and the removed remarks were very clearly beyond the border of what we can tolerate here. This is nothing personal, as I hope everyone understands.

Lastly, let's try to not let this thread devolve into a flamewar.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Well I hope because I was asking that question (to re:dream) that a flame war wouldn't ensue and I wasn't expecting it to.

I understand the comment is abusive and hurtful. From my perspective I saw it as someone advertising their insanity and I wasn't thinking about the person sensitive enough to be inflicted by it.
My issue was about erasing everything we don't like; controlling. (Not about Ableton forum, you guys do what you will, it's your house)
But that's not the OP anyway.
Even though that's already been concluded.
This is Beats thread, I've already ruined other ones, shutting up now.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:23 pm

[stm] wrote:
shadx312 wrote:

I had actually missed that one. It's removed now. Tom, sorry to step on your toes.
Sure, no thing.

BTW I think Goddard was just drunk (the Skals kinda hinted at it). He doesn't post often, but from what I remember he was a decent poster.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:26 pm

beats me wrote:The irony is that TomV, the master of back catalog self-censorship, has the offending statement quoted in his post.

Tom – Do what you do best and - that shit, yo!

:P
The mods took care of it.

BTW I'm actually a little surprised how it went. I was half expecting for everyone to jump on me for being all serious again and ruining it for the guys, who are just having some good ol' women-objectifying fun ... :wink:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Goddard wrote:
re:dream wrote:(...) a good few girlfriends (...) liked Amon Tobin, Ninja Tunes, Aphex Twin, LJ Bukem (...)
Oh Sweet Angel of Heaven and Earth,
I softly suckle at your bosom,
nectar of truth,
mother of love.

Unrequited surrender,
floweth from the chasm of my heart,
illuminating the spaghetti maze of confuzion,
that is my cranial.

Can one be tortured by love?
Do you see fit to clench my devotion with your maiden hand?

Oh Master of loins,
muse of duality,
reward my sacrifice with mercy,
and drop it like it's hot,
for I have yet to bear witness,
to thee true glory of your Magick.

For thy seeds yet to depart,
from smooth plain of my nethers,
know not what it's like,
to plunge into Heart of Darkness.
I don't see what the problem was...
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:50 pm

shadx312 wrote:

It was offensive to me. So I don't need to leave it to anyone else.

And as for calling him retarded... . I think it is fair comment
Last edited by re:dream on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:52 pm

shadx312 wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Goddard wrote: Oh Sweet Angel of Heaven and Earth,
I softly suckle at your bosom,
nectar of truth, mother of love.

Unrequited surrender,
floweth from the chasm of my heart,
illuminating the spaghetti maze of confuzion that is my cranial.

How can one be tortured by love?
Do you see fit to clench my devotion with your maiden hand?

Oh Master of my loins,
muse of duality,
reward my sacrifice with mercy,
and drop it like it's hot,
for I have yet to bear witness,
to thee true glory of your magick.

Thy seeds yet to depart,
from smooth plain of my nethers,
know not what it's like,
to plunge into Heart of Darkness.
I don't see what the problem was...
Am I missing the joke?!

But in case I'm not: That was not Goddards post that caused the uproar.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:57 pm

We have different senses of humor.
ImageImage

Post by re:dream » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:57 pm

shadx312 wrote:Well I hope because I was asking that question (to re:dream) that a flame war wouldn't ensue and I wasn't expecting it to.

I understand the comment is abusive and hurtful. From my perspective I saw it as someone advertising their insanity and I wasn't thinking about the person sensitive enough to be inflicted by it.
My issue was about erasing everything we don't like; controlling. (Not about Ableton forum, you guys do what you will, it's your house)
But that's not the OP anyway.
Even though that's already been concluded.
This is Beats thread, I've already ruined other ones, shutting up now.

No flame war intended from my side 8)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:00 pm

[stm] wrote:
I'd like to say here that we try to be as lenient as possible with respect to moderation -
In case you are still reading:

Could you PLEASE re-evaluate the ban on discussing politics and religion?! I think it has become pretty clear that it's not the topic, but the type of poster who determine if it devolves into ugly flamewars or not. This can be much better handled by banning posters not topics.

This pussyfooting around that we have to do for almost any discussion now, because we are never sure if it will be deleted is really limiting. And the times when the thread deletes happened lately, it was not clear that any kind of flamewar was actually taking place. So they were deleted by this unaproachable entity for unpredictable reasons. This sucks, A LOT!

Post by re:dream » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:04 pm

+1

Post by re:dream » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:10 pm

+3

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:13 pm

i find your sausage remark offensive and degrading. as a man, i am not a piece of meat to be bundled together with other pieces of meat in pit of flames licking my firm bulging skin.

Skoal!