FIFA World Cup

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 am

shadx312 wrote:Not sure it's that dangerous, I'm sure it's a common suspicion.
Our western culture has been brainwashed for centuries and centuries by a jewish book called the new testament.

Most of the people, at least here in my country, is automatically on the side of Israel. And because of the war of course.

So it is not such a common thing to think.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 am

It is 5 o clock in the morning here, so I have to get some sleep. Sorry.

In a few hours Violence will wake up and find out "his" topic has been hijacked.

So I better get some sleep, and then return in a couple of days. lol.

Was nice talking to you.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:23 am

derzai wrote:
shadx312 wrote:hmm
you dont like black sabbath? :?
No it's not that. I thought they were ok but knew them more by proxy; it wasn't an issue of whether I heard of them or not obviously, just that I was already used to more articulate bands with more complicated writing. Not that I was ever a snob; I guess you could say I thought of them sort of like 'Bill & Ted' of Heavy Metal, regardless of their place in moving it. Suppose by that time metal had evolved passed it so it felt primitive.

The hmm, was more about which way to respond. Truthfully I'd just prefer if you just continued, 'educate me' if you will...

somewhere else, as yes it's time to get AWK,
Likewise
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 am

Sure Violence will start ranting about my remarks about "Germans". lol.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:26 am

shadx312 wrote:
derzai wrote:
shadx312 wrote:hmm
you dont like black sabbath? :?
No it's not that. I thought they were ok but knew them more by proxy; it wasn't an issue of whether I heard of them or not obviously, just that I was already used to more articulate bands with more complicated writing. Not that I was ever a snob; I guess you could say I thought of them sort of like 'Bill & Ted' of Heavy Metal, regardless of their place in moving it.

The hmm, was more about which way to respond. Truthfully I'd just prefer if you just continued, 'educate me' if you will...

somewhere else, as yes it's time to get AWK,
Likewise
Black Sabbath is the inventor of heavy metal. They were the very first. They'r from Birmingham. British Leyland. There is no account for taste, but we could twist about it.

I like them. Could also be because I have good memories connected to them.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:34 am

Black Sabbath is the inventor of heavy metal. They were the very first.
So it's believed. I wouldn't say 'invented', but 'defined'. That doesn't mean much to me though, I don't think the production sounded that heavy though, either. Not that I didn't like them, just found it kinda meh.
ImageImage

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:41 am

shadx312 wrote:
Black Sabbath is the inventor of heavy metal. They were the very first.
So it's believed. I wouldn't say 'invented', but 'defined'. That doesn't mean much to me though, I don't think the production sounded that heavy though, either. Not that I didn't like them, just found it kinda meh.
On dutch radio there is a program called "arbeidsvitaminen", it is running since 1946. arbeidsvitaminen means "vitamines for labour". so they play evergreens and middle of the road songs and heavy metal that was once revolutionary. they play so people at work can listen to it while working.

there is where i put their music too.

not a big thing. i am not going to defend any pop music, or hard rock, or heavy metal or whatever. but i do like the paranoid song.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:46 am

is there a difference between "define" and "invent" ? semantical discusion, we can have this discussion on a different occasion.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:48 am

and the uriah heep. lol.

middle of the road music in the meanwhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAWuOQYcMuw

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:20 am

Invent is a pretty concrete thing and especially in art where influence is inevitable it would be pretty clear if a new movement was started and by who.
See as how there was plenty of psychedelic rock that started exploring outside the bounds of (heavier) blues rock and simultaneously there was protopunk, so by the time Sabbath came out with Paranoid there were plenty of traces of heavy metal but there wasn't so much a band or album that defined it like they did. they made it more concrete.

It's sort of like saying Picasso invented cubism but there were already traces of it beforehand, or like saying Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, or Columbus (or De Leon) with America.

And then that's just from what the mainstream knows. For all we know some little band in Turkey could have been tearing shit up in the early 60's but they just didn't get lucky like others did.

Uriah Heap otoh, I can see why I never got to know them more, just the name. Seems like the ABBA of metal :lol:

But even between early Sabbath and Priest they were still close to the hard rock blues riffs and production wise don't seem to sound heavier than MC5 or The Stooges.
some say Priest really started it but their early stuff sounded like southern blues. To forget semantics I'd just go with Sabbath but I know there's some unknown bands out there that were heavier beforehand, we just haven't heard them.
ImageImage

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:43 am

derzai wrote:It is 5 o clock in the morning here, so I have to get some sleep. Sorry.

In a few hours Violence will wake up and find out "his" topic has been hijacked. .... [and] will start ranting about my remarks about "Germans". lol.
No, the last pages just confirmed that neither of you has anything of value to discuss with. You derzai are pretty obviously either an idiot or mentaly (not emotionaly) unstable. Either way you are just rambling.
And shadx, he has a mind, but apparently has chosen not to use it, because doing that would be depressing :roll:

In any case I'm leaving this thread now, feel free to use it for your own shenanigans :x

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:37 pm

TomViolenz wrote: he has a mind, but apparently has chosen not to use it, because doing that would be depressing :roll:
says a lot about your mind. if you compare the human mind with a turing machine, then the "head" would be controlled by you yourself, the awareness.

so humans are for a great deal responsible for what kind of stuff they collect in their mind.

but i am out too, got better things to do.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:52 pm

shadx312 wrote:I never liked the 'We're #1 bullshit'
#1 in fucking shit up
power comes with responsibility.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by derzai » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:54 pm

shadx312 wrote:Invent is a pretty concrete thing and especially in art where influence is inevitable it would be pretty clear if a new movement was started and by who.
See as how there was plenty of psychedelic rock that started exploring outside the bounds of (heavier) blues rock and simultaneously there was protopunk, so by the time Sabbath came out with Paranoid there were plenty of traces of heavy metal but there wasn't so much a band or album that defined it like they did. they made it more concrete.

It's sort of like saying Picasso invented cubism but there were already traces of it beforehand, or like saying Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, or Columbus (or De Leon) with America.

And then that's just from what the mainstream knows. For all we know some little band in Turkey could have been tearing shit up in the early 60's but they just didn't get lucky like others did.

Uriah Heap otoh, I can see why I never got to know them more, just the name. Seems like the ABBA of metal :lol:

But even between early Sabbath and Priest they were still close to the hard rock blues riffs and production wise don't seem to sound heavier than MC5 or The Stooges.
some say Priest really started it but their early stuff sounded like southern blues. To forget semantics I'd just go with Sabbath but I know there's some unknown bands out there that were heavier beforehand, we just haven't heard them.
I know what you mean. Much of this is about putting labels on things.

About being a snob, been there. When i was in my twenties the only thing allowed to listen to or discuss was Alban Berg or Gyorgy Ligeti. Been there.

Today I can enjoy ABBA and whatever kind of muzak you can make up.

I dont care.

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:35 pm

And shadx, he has a mind, but apparently has chosen not to use it, because doing that would be depressing :roll:
Hm, not sure there's a solid basis for coming to that conclusion. You assume/presume too much and also read too much into things as well.

Any sane person who gives a shit about the world has a logical reason to be depressed. The most common problem we have with this is that we'd feel guilty not being depressed, but we can't bear the world's problems on our shoulders and we're not doing ourselves or anyone else a favor by being mopey.

I've had to force myself to get out of bed on a daily basis for years because of depression; been there done that. A lot of the time I couldn't do it.
It's a pointless existence, even if it's all pointless anyway, you can do your best to help yourself and those around you and try to make the best of it and have a good time before it's lights out.
It's easy to be a bitch. If you don't care, that's your prerogative, but expect people to be turned off or annoyed if you publicly voice negativity all the time.
You may have formed this perception that I'm some bubbly self-help guru person irl and that's definitely not the case.
I don't avoid serious things to avoid depression; I take important things seriously and typically designate my use here as entertainment. I have enough serious things to speak and act with AWK.
ImageImage

Post Reply