FIFA World Cup

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
TomViolenz

Re: FIFA World Cup

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:24 pm

eyeknow wrote:Usa looking as expected :lol:
You were saying...?! :lol:

Nice equalizer!

Making it out of group stays within reach for the US.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:41 pm

8O

Wow, they look so shitty......how do they have the lead? :lol:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:54 pm

typical.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 am

They didn't look shitty at all (except if you meant Portugal ;-))
The US does not have huge individual talent, but a very good team spirit and strategy.

The late goal, was mostly because they were all out of power at this point, they could hardly still walk.

Playing world tournaments in the jungle is a very questionable idea IMO.

Against Germany you must now either at least tie or it gets really close in the group for second place.
I think you would then want Ghana to win ot tie against Portugal.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:10 am

He passed the ball to Portugal and it was like "oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!" sure enough.

I watched the better chunk of that game and the ball was on the US side WAY more than the Portugal side of what I saw. I'm no expert, but I'd think that would favor one team vs another.

Anyways, I'll leave you guys to it.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 am

eyeknow wrote:He passed the ball to Portugal and it was like "oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!" sure enough.

I watched the better chunk of that game and the ball was on the US side WAY more than the Portugal side of what I saw. I'm no expert, but I'd think that would favor one team vs another.

Anyways, I'll leave you guys to it.
Well, Greece famously won the Euro 2004 (I think) by basically parking the bus in front of their own goal for the whole tounament and waiting for a few conter attack possibilities or penalties.

Compared to them you basically lived on the Portuguese side of the field :mrgreen:

derzai

Post by derzai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 am

Winner of group A (Brasil) will meet the winner of group G (Germany?) before the final. That's the good news. The bad news is that we (Holland) will have to defeat Mexico next match.

Bal is rond, elf tegen elf, 2x45 minuten, weet ik.

Tournament is about to start and we already had a lot of good matches.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 am

I think the Dutch are in great form to finaly win a World Cup. They don't just play pretty anymore, but effective and strategic. Robben is a monster!

Especially how they were able to totaly change the strategy against Chile to a defensive one and still win decicivly against a strong Chile convinced me. But you are right Mexico is a strong opponent (stronger than Brazil this time around IMO) So we'll see.

I'm only cautiously optimistic about Germany having a chance. These guys are about the play pretty-mantra and have great strategy and team play on sunny days, which all totally falls apart when it counts.

I love that the German game changed so much since 2006, but we should have preserved a few qualities from the 90s. And winning against odds with a great defense with an absolute will to win is one of them!

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Watching Italy and Uruguay now. It's a despicable display. These guys are beyond playacting at this point - rigor mortis kicks in before they even hit the ground. Take a fucking cue from the USA: you can say what you want: *they* don't dive and whine.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:47 pm

OMG! I cannot believe what I'm seeing here! Suarez BITES an opponent. AGAIN! 8O

As a Liverpool supporter, I'm completely embarrassed. Get that baby the fuck off the pitch!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:44 pm

sporkles wrote:OMG! I cannot believe what I'm seeing here! Suarez BITES an opponent. AGAIN! 8O

As a Liverpool supporter, I'm completely embarrassed. Get that baby the fuck off the pitch!
Shit, this world cup has it all :lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Suarez's profile said his favorite food was Italian

Luis Suarez hopes to play against Germany later on in the tournament, because he'd like to try a shoulder of Lahm.

Suarez can't resist an Italian sub
:lol:

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Well......I guess we did what we had to, let's see if we can enhance that a little going forward.

Congrats to the US.

andydes

Post by andydes » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:49 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Well......I guess we did what we had to, let's see if we can enhance that a little going forward.

Congrats to the US.
A humble winner. Surely no better way to antagonize the Americans, you sly dog. :wink: