Will public protests even be possible anymore in the future?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
regretfullySaid

Re: Will public protests even be possible anymore in the future?

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Because you criticize other people for not doing anything.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:38 pm

shadx312 wrote: Hardly! It's just easy to picture one of the Golden Girls running into your room, seeing you curled up in a ball in the corner, hoisting you over their shoulder, running out to drop you off on the lawn and then running back into the kitchen to turn off the stove to prevent the gas leak from continuing.
So you're going with the drama queen meme instead of adressing the arguments I brought forward?! Gotcha :roll:

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Not sure what argument you brought forward. Not going to look for the latest 'as we sit carelessly minding our greedy selves' comment either, and I do have to go, but moving on, yes the future looks bleak, and I look forward to seeing the backlash and being a part of it in one form or another.
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:02 pm

shadx312 wrote:Not sure what argument you brought forward. Not going to look for the latest 'as we sit carelessly minding our greedy selves' comment either, and I do have to go, but moving on, yes the future looks bleak, and I look forward to seeing the backlash and being a part of it in one form or another.
Then why not discuss this here, instead of characterizing my concerns as an over reaction?
Because that would have been actually interesting.
Instead you make this thread about how you perceive my personality...again!

And I have no idea where this:

'as we sit carelessly minding our greedy selves'

...is comming from?!

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:39 pm

meh where else would it come from, thin air? I'm not going to bother looking for evidence and I'm sure it will pop up again anyway but I won't be eager to point it out. But you be you and enjoy being you, bruh.

You deserve to have the kind of conversation you're looking for but it doesn't look like this would be the place to properly satisfy that.
It would be great if there were more people who contributed to the conversations you want, even overflowing and outshining the current scene but dude, the place is dry.

But basically the end looks bleak, you're powerless to stop it, and you'd feel guilty for having a laugh, so you're stuck with having to be down about it, is that the gist of it?
ImageImage

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:08 pm

shadx312 wrote: But basically the end looks bleak, you're powerless to stop it, and you'd feel guilty for having a laugh, so you're stuck with having to be down about it, is that the gist of it?
Shit man you are on to me!!! :wink:

But let me get this straight for future reference:
Beats me can post a thread where he blames the starving poor for fucking too much, so that he has to endure their kids in television commercials begging for money via guilt tripping.
And everyone has something to say.

But when I make a thread, it will be about me and my character by the time it leaves the first page ?!

Just curious....

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:04 am

I'm not claiming I'm on to you, I'm asking.

Those are 2 pretty different scenarios.

This one is where only I am responding to one of those times where you sound like an old lady while Beats is asking a debatable question where everyone is responding to it.

Also, there is no 'one can do this and one can do that'. I'm not making rules, I'm just another dude saying shit. Sometimes you say something like 'tsk tsk tsk, the end is nigh, utterly hopeless' like you'd take it lying down. Sure, that irks me a bit. So I say, if the end is nigh and utterly hopeless anyway, then why lie down? Is that how you'd like to spend your last time on the planet? So I explain an alternative attitude that I find more positive and productive. If I'm wrong about your attitude, then tell me. Otherwise, accept that we have differing points of view, and that I may have a less than favorable reaction to it while offering an alternative state of mind.

Think of it this way, for every new kind of drone is something like this: http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/20/3d-p ... d=rss_full

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg1Cx26-928
ImageImage

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:50 am

I am posting this before reading everything but, this device looks like it basically condones vandalism.

I mean, yeah, take it a few steps further and cities become meat processing plants... Of human meat, just shuffled along in herds and masses to the incinerators.

But of course, this helicoptor thing is 'asking for it'. In the situation where a protest might be intended to be peaceful, a machine with no human judgement behind it can be numb to the harm it is inflicting upon others.

You cause people to experience severe physical and psychological wounds due to the side effects of such a machine and you will have a resentful mass, and a resentful population spectating from the sidelines.

If a government is supporting a device that inadvertently inflicts massive damage to peoples, then the government is somewhat saying that they don't want to work with those people, they want martial law. And the people will probably not want to work with the government (or you'd hope, but we're all 9-5 suckers even when things are 'sploding).

But yeah, tl;dr vandalism, asking for it

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:31 am

yur2die4 wrote:I am posting this before reading everything but, this device looks like it basically condones vandalism.

I mean, yeah, take it a few steps further and cities become meat processing plants... Of human meat, just shuffled along in herds and masses to the incinerators.

But of course, this helicoptor thing is 'asking for it'. In the situation where a protest might be intended to be peaceful, a machine with no human judgement behind it can be numb to the harm it is inflicting upon others.

You cause people to experience severe physical and psychological wounds due to the side effects of such a machine and you will have a resentful mass, and a resentful population spectating from the sidelines.

If a government is supporting a device that inadvertently inflicts massive damage to peoples, then the government is somewhat saying that they don't want to work with those people, they want martial law. And the people will probably not want to work with the government (or you'd hope, but we're all 9-5 suckers even when things are 'sploding).

But yeah, tl;dr vandalism, asking for it
Thank you for the first contribution to the topic!!!

And I agree, but would take it a step further though.
When people have been conditioned enough to know these things will make any attempt at peaceful protest futile, they will either just give up or rise up.
Negative nancy that I am, I expect the former.
But even if it is the latter, if police force can be automated like this, then the military has been already for a long time. Putting down any rebellion will be easy and not require huge amounts of soldiers to betray their countrymen.

Looking at how the distribution of wealth is continualy shifting the resources to the very few at the top (I wonder how much longer speaking of the 1% will even be adequate anymore), and the fact that automation also does away with the need of people to produce stuff, I think the current oligarchy can and will stay in power forever (or any significant aproximation to it) and get away with ever more oppression of-, and denial of basic rights to the masses.
:(

Sage

Post by Sage » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:03 pm

Depending on where you are in the world, public protest is already dead.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:04 pm

But how do masses affect people who are hiding in their 'top 1%' positions?

It's interesting how much of our daily activities do a great deal to serve each other but at the end of the day we're 'juiced' for the green, which is sent up river.

The most resistant thing I can think of is, showing up to your job and handing things out for free :P

skullneck

Post by skullneck » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:47 pm

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 pm

:roll: