The conspiracy conspiracy

Discussion of anything not related to audio or music production
re:dream
Posts: 4554
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:42 am
Location: Hoerikwaggo's sunset side...
Contact:

The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by re:dream » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 pm

So these people wrote an article about 'conspiracist ideation' on the net in response to research about conspiracy theorists.

In other words, about the way that conspiracy theorists argue that the people calling them conspiracy theorists are... conspiring against them

Article here

http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/__data ... ry4UWA.pdf

There was such an outcry of outrage about this from the conspiracy theorists - that the article had to be retracted.

Here is the original page, with the article gone, but the comments still in place

http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/ ... 00073/full

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by beats me » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Image

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Conspiracy theory has become a catch all phrase to silence opposing view points though.

For example in the German press:

The East Ukrainians are the imperial arm of Putins Russia - Fact
The Ukrainian government is a run by Fascists - Conspiracy theory
:roll:

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

yesterday i met a girl who was in the twin towers when they collapsed. yes, a 911 survivor. met her 10 miles from here, in the forrest.

well tell me, what kind of conspiracy would that be?

tell me.

lowshelf
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm
Location: UK

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by lowshelf » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Conspiracy theory has become a catch all phrase to silence opposing view points
<HEADNOD>

By the way, I really like your tunes Tom. Reminds me of the classic old Christoph de Babalon "If You're Into It I'm Out of It" album. If you haven't heard it, it's worth checking to get how he juxtaposes beat-oriented tracks with the illbient pieces.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by derzai » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Conspiracy theory has become a catch all phrase to silence opposing view points though.

For example in the German press:

The East Ukrainians are the imperial arm of Putins Russia - Fact
The Ukrainian government is a run by Fascists - Conspiracy theory
:roll:
Of course, conspiracy is often used as a strawman.

About East Ukrain, the West made a big mistake from the beginning. They should have declared the East Ukrain immediately as an autonomic republic. 90% of the people there is Russian, so trying to get them on the West side (European side) was going to be a fail from the beginning. As I have said from day 1: there is going to be a civil war there.

And now it got even worse.

And then there will be a civil war for years, maybe even for decades, and then it will result in having an autonomic republic there. Only now organized by the West.

I can get so angry about it.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:03 pm

Conspiracy theory alert:
Ukraine happened because the West wanted the Cold War back.

I'm not saying Putin is not a Fascist dick, just saying the whole thing was instigated by the West through the EU associations negotiations, in which they demanded that if the Ukrain wants the association, they have to forego similar associations with Russia (where they actually got their energy from from sweet heart deals).

They knew that neither Janukovitch nor Putin would be able (or willing, respectively) to accept that, while the West Ukrainian public would not accept a failure of the EU association. Why?! Because 5 Billion USD had been spend over the last ten years by the US alone to support NGOs that spread the message of Democracy and Free Market Economy. A.k.a. propaganda. They actually think the EU will make them all wealthy little westerners. (They should read the news more about what happened to Greece, Portugal and Spain, with Italy to follow... :roll:)
This was NO accident!

Why spend all that nice money on propaganda and why would anyone want the Cold War back?!

Why, remember We have always been at war with EastAsia... :evil:

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm

lowshelf wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:Conspiracy theory has become a catch all phrase to silence opposing view points
<HEADNOD>

By the way, I really like your tunes Tom. Reminds me of the classic old Christoph de Babalon "If You're Into It I'm Out of It" album. If you haven't heard it, it's worth checking to get how he juxtaposes beat-oriented tracks with the illbient pieces.
Nice of you to say that :D

I need to check this guy out then, Oddstep (I think it was him :oops: ) had just suggested other artists in the same context. Seems like I have some catching up to do :-)

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Well. My at least my tin foil hat covers up my bald head :x

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Conspiracy theory alert:
Ukraine happened because the West wanted the Cold War back.

I'm not saying Putin is not a Fascist dick, just saying the whole thing was instigated by the West through the EU associations negotiations, in which they demanded that if the Ukrain wants the association, they have to forego similar associations with Russia (where they actually got their energy from from sweet heart deals).

They knew that neither Janukovitch nor Putin would be able (or willing, respectively) to accept that, while the West Ukrainian public would not accept a failure of the EU association. Why?! Because 5 Billion USD had been spend over the last ten years by the US alone to support NGOs that spread the message of Democracy and Free Market Economy. A.k.a. propaganda. They actually think the EU will make them all wealthy little westerners. (They should read the news more about what happened to Greece, Portugal and Spain, with Italy to follow... :roll:)
This was NO accident!

Why spend all that nice money on propaganda and why would anyone want the Cold War back?!

Why, remember We have always been at war with EastAsia... :evil:
Obama just wants to make you understand he's not gonna play "whackamole"

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am

eyeknow wrote:Obama just wants to make you understand he's not gonna play "whackamole"
the only thing he has been doing so far. lol. just hope he doesnt lead us into the same disaster as bonaparte and what's the other guys name, the guy from braunau, you know him.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:20 am

TomViolenz wrote:Conspiracy theory alert:
Ukraine happened because the West wanted the Cold War back.

I'm not saying Putin is not a Fascist dick, just saying the whole thing was instigated by the West through the EU associations negotiations, in which they demanded that if the Ukrain wants the association, they have to forego similar associations with Russia (where they actually got their energy from from sweet heart deals).

They knew that neither Janukovitch nor Putin would be able (or willing, respectively) to accept that, while the West Ukrainian public would not accept a failure of the EU association. Why?! Because 5 Billion USD had been spend over the last ten years by the US alone to support NGOs that spread the message of Democracy and Free Market Economy. A.k.a. propaganda. They actually think the EU will make them all wealthy little westerners. (They should read the news more about what happened to Greece, Portugal and Spain, with Italy to follow... :roll:)
This was NO accident!

Why spend all that nice money on propaganda and why would anyone want the Cold War back?!

Why, remember We have always been at war with EastAsia... :evil:
West Asia you mean. Nah, cold war is just a continuation of the conflict between the west and east roman empire, a conflict that started long time ago.

I think the west just wants to have more market. You know, we could sell nsu's wartburgs and dkw's to them. and microwaves, and daw sequencers.

If there is any interest for having a cold war then it would be from the weapon industrie, and yes, west europe (france nr.1) is still selling weapons to russia, despite of what has happened recently.

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:30 am

Image

alexander nevsky

derzai
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:52 pm
Location: offline

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by derzai » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:41 pm

Image

eventually the greek orthodox went up north into the russian orthodox, putin is just a tool of the russian orthodox agenda.

TomViolenz
Posts: 6854
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Re: The conspiracy conspiracy

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:10 pm

derzai wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:Conspiracy theory alert:
Ukraine happened because the West wanted the Cold War back.

I'm not saying Putin is not a Fascist dick, just saying the whole thing was instigated by the West through the EU associations negotiations, in which they demanded that if the Ukrain wants the association, they have to forego similar associations with Russia (where they actually got their energy from from sweet heart deals).

They knew that neither Janukovitch nor Putin would be able (or willing, respectively) to accept that, while the West Ukrainian public would not accept a failure of the EU association. Why?! Because 5 Billion USD had been spend over the last ten years by the US alone to support NGOs that spread the message of Democracy and Free Market Economy. A.k.a. propaganda. They actually think the EU will make them all wealthy little westerners. (They should read the news more about what happened to Greece, Portugal and Spain, with Italy to follow... :roll:)
This was NO accident!

Why spend all that nice money on propaganda and why would anyone want the Cold War back?!

Why, remember We have always been at war with EastAsia... :evil:
West Asia you mean.
No, I mean EastAsia, it's a cultural reference to the book 1984 by George Orwell. Read it, it will tell you about all the mechanics at play at the moment.

In short it shows how eternal war is a method used by authoritarian systems to justify any suppression of civil rights and subdue the people to their will.

The eternal war on Terror is wearing thin on the populous, so they go back to a well proven concept.

A cold war has basically almost the same advantages as the one against terror. In one you actually never have to fight the enemy and in the other your enemy is insignificant.
But both can be beautifully used to rile up the masses in fear and make them give up their rights ever more.

Which is what it always is about.

Post Reply