Rave of Thrones

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Rave of Thrones

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:31 pm

So one of the actors on GoT who plays a relatively minor but reoccurring character is also a “DJ”. He threw an event named Rave of Thrones. His character is so relatively minor that he won’t be appearing in the next season at all and instead he is going to be taking his Rave of Thrones on the road. :x

No offense to DJs, but it’s like these minor celebrities ask the question “What can I do with little prep or talent that will put me in front of as many people as possible to be widely praised based largely on name recognition?” The answer: DJ. And no offense to DJs again, but anybody with no experience could pull off a crackin set after 1 week of screwing with Traktor, at least the quality of set you’d get from a celebrity that still packs the place. Expectations are low, but they still show up and love it. :x

I’ll end with a question. Are there any celebrities out there not widely known for personal creativity that actually have a creative talent that would be respectable without their name tied to it?

beats me

Re: Rave of Thrones

Post by beats me » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm

jack johnson wrote:Answer: Billy Bob Thornton.

I’ve heard that but haven’t checked out his stuff, and for a while there he was quite pissed off nobody was. He’d try to shift focus in his interviews from acting to his music career but almost nobody was having it. Now that he’s in Fargo I wonder if he’s given up on wanting everybody to just focus on his music.

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:25 am

Robert Downey jr has some serious singing abilities.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 am

John Stamos

:|