Groove Packs - where to find/buy/download?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
studiojohnny

Groove Packs - where to find/buy/download?

Post by studiojohnny » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:21 am

Anyone? I know you can extract your own but I've had limited success with that. Curious to experiment with other things besides the default groovepacks. Where can you find them?

jlgrimes

Re: Groove Packs - where to find/buy/download?

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:24 pm

studiojohnny wrote:Anyone? I know you can extract your own but I've had limited success with that. Curious to experiment with other things besides the default groovepacks. Where can you find them?
It might be better making your own.

Live can get grooves from midi files, Rex files, Audio files etc.

mikb

Post by mikb » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:13 am

studiojohnny wrote:Anyone? I know you can extract your own but I've had limited success with that. Curious to experiment with other things besides the default groovepacks. Where can you find them?
You mean "groove" files specifically or do you mean Live-compatible loops and REX-files in packs?

If you failed with your own you might have been using the feature in a not so productive way. Experimentation is the best way forward there.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

studiojohnny

Post by studiojohnny » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:56 am

I know how to extract grooves and I know how to make my own. I have done both and can make them work decently. However my question, specifically, is if there is any place on the entire internet that you can buy or download them. If anyone knows of anything, I'd appreciate it.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 pm

studiojohnny wrote:I know how to extract grooves and I know how to make my own. I have done both and can make them work decently. However my question, specifically, is if there is any place on the entire internet that you can buy or download them. If anyone knows of anything, I'd appreciate it.
Check out some of the Live packs put there. Some may contain grooves as well as sounds.
Make some music!

davex

Post by davex » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:16 pm

Did you ever find any?

alexisturr

Post by alexisturr » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Try Samples From Mars
a great collection of grooves... free !!
https://samplesfrommars.com/products/gr ... 9a43&_ss=r