What game are you playing now

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
crystalmsc

What game are you playing now

Post by crystalmsc » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 am

Just finished playing Saints Row: The Third. What a stupid funny game :) Hated it at first, but addicted in the end. Going to play SRIV after finishing The Last of Us. What about you guys! What are you playing..I love gaming since I was a kid and feels like now is the golden moment for gaming, with Steam, PS+, PS now. It's easier to get quality games rather than the old days, where physical disc was the only way to play. There are many more exciting side of gaming now, from the community, crazy deals, competition, etc. let's talk about anything gaming here.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

H20nly

Re: What game are you playing now

Post by H20nly » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Destiny :x

panten

Post by panten » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Destiny
Impressions?

I'm still playing Titanfall until Ori and the Blind Forest is released.

Wish there were more games for the Xbone.

I also loved The last of us, man I'd give my left arm to work for Naughty Dog.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:57 pm

I'm looking forward to continuing Deus Ex Human Revolution DC on the new laptop when it arrives on Monday:)

I've seen some Watch Dogs footage on YT and that looks pretty cool, plus it's in Chicago which I already miss, so there's that.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:36 pm

panten wrote:
Destiny
Impressions?
I like it... too much. I got it because there's a deal where if you buy it for 360 you automatically get it for the Xbox One. Note: this doesn't work the other way around. Since that gave me a copy and my kid a copy it seemed like a good deal... but shiiiiit. I need some sleep... it's all too easy to play "one more round". Next thing you know it's midnight, then 1am... Hence :x

As far as game play goes... It's like Halo, but better in a lot of ways... 3 weapons assigned to Y button for example with 9 more of each of the 3 classes available from the pause screen (if you have that many).

There's a lot of cool shit about it, but the ranking system and such is weird. A lot of people complain about it but I think it makes the game more intricate and less linear so I'm a fan.

PM me if you get it... We can team up for a few missions to help you get some gear... you'll need it. :wink:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare is another one that sucks me in... Love it.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:58 pm

H20nly wrote:I like it... too much. I got it because there's a deal where if you buy it for 360 you automatically get it for the Xbox One. Note: this doesn't work the other way around. Since that gave me a copy and my kid a copy it seemed like a good deal... but shiiiiit. I need some sleep... it's all too easy to play "one more round". Next thing you know it's midnight, then 1am... Hence :x

As far as game play goes... It's like Halo, but better in a lot of ways... 3 weapons assigned to Y button for example with 9 more of each of the 3 classes available from the pause screen (if you have that many).
That's a great deal and I like when people giving special attention to their kid about gaming. Some of the most enjoyable moments in playing game I experienced is with my 8 yo nephew. It feels amazing when showing them new and amazing things, to see them happy and laughing, almost like a miracle.

Destiny is something that I would like to try. Definitely one of the coolest trailer http://youtu.be/9ZyQK6kUdWQ but there are several games to be finished, including Crysis 3. I love games with great graphic, but gameplay is a priority. I just finished Vanquish and that's a surprisingly great 3rd person shooter from Shinji Mikami http://youtu.be/U5qHL3yVCGY highly recommended. Going to play Binary Domain soon. Not really a sequel, but both are from SEGA and people said they shared some similarities in certain things.
H20nly wrote:PM me if you get it... We can team up for a few missions to help you get some gear... you'll need it. :wink:
that's the spirit :beer
Last edited by crystalmsc on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 pm

shadx312 wrote:I'm looking forward to continuing Deus Ex Human Revolution DC on the new laptop when it arrives on Monday:)

I've seen some Watch Dogs footage on YT and that looks pretty cool, plus it's in Chicago which I already miss, so there's that.
Would love to see the new laptop, specially since it's going to be able to play WD, gotta be a power spec :)
H20nly wrote:Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare is another one that sucks me in... Love it.
That's definitely on the list, I'm a fan of PvZ since finishing the game on iPad. The original was a free "On The House" game from EA and they shared 48 hours of the warfare to play as well. It's like the Battlefield in the PvZ world. I would like to play it on PS4, with the local co-op feature with my wife. But after Laracroft: The Guardian of Light and Diablo III. Can't wait for the Temple of Osiris.
panten wrote:I also loved The last of us, man I'd give my left arm to work for Naughty Dog.
sure, it's also my favorite company since I'm a fan of the Uncharted series as well. But might not be the same as it was, since some of the key persons have left the company http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/ ... aughty-dog

but I still have faith in UC4 though, just like my optimism in Live X and NBA Live 2015 :)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:35 pm

I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but games are finally starting to bore me.

Watch_Dogs was great, but once I finished the campaign I didn't play much.

The Last of Us is an exception. I just finished my second play through on the PS4 version, which makes probably my fifth play through. Such an excellent game. Work of art really.

Waiting for the Xbox One/PS4 version of GTA V to drop in November.

The new Assassin's Creed (the one for the new consoles) looks like it could refresh the series and I'm sure I'll play that.

Other than that it's just waiting for Elder Scrolls VI.

If a game isn't open world and doesn't have some element of stealth to it then I'm not interested anymore. Which is actually a good thing.
Unsound Designer

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:01 pm

I am an unwavering Street Fighter fan.

I need to face my competition directly, 1 on 1, and I can't sit for hours 'developing' a character. I need a quick fix. So that rules out most games for me.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:28 am

@OP keep playing with your nephew. Good stuff :D

Garden Warfare is one you could both rock... Mostly a single player game tough... Accept on Xbox One, but the multiplayer is limited unfortunately.

The Lara Croft game was a fun one to play with my son.

@stringtapper - Watch Dogs was sick... I got my son the new Assassins Creed for Xmas with his Xbox One... It's looks to be the best yet. He loves it.

Halo Reach is free on 360 with Games with Gold right now, so any of you who have a Xbox Live account and don't have that game should scoop that up with a quickness...

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:04 am

stringtapper wrote:I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but games are finally starting to bore me.

Watch_Dogs was great, but once I finished the campaign I didn't play much.
I'm also playing for the campaign only for most games. It's amazing how certain people can achieve Platinum for every game they played.

May be we're from the same generation. The Price of Persia for DOS was my first game and I surrender very soon. Two of the first game I finished are Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. So glad that Jane Jensen released a new version of GK with a mention of GK4. I'm waiting for the re-release of GK2 and GK3 as well, while Cognition is on the list.
stringtapper wrote:The Last of Us is an exception. I just finished my second play through on the PS4 version, which makes probably my fifth play through. Such an excellent game. Work of art really.
It supposed to be something really special then. Can't wait to play it next week. No wonder it's also the best game for PS4 by IGN.
stringtapper wrote:Waiting for the Xbox One/PS4 version of GTA V to drop in November.

The new Assassin's Creed (the one for the new consoles) looks like it could refresh the series and I'm sure I'll play that.

Other than that it's just waiting for Elder Scrolls VI.

If a game isn't open world and doesn't have some element of stealth to it then I'm not interested anymore. Which is actually a good thing.
Many exciting new games for the PS4, great to see some great franchise have made it to the next gen console. GTA V and AC are also on the list. But I'm not into ES or Skyrim yet, may be one day. Because I can't stand a very long game. I like the Witcher 2 a lot, but somehow never finished the game. May be I'll be back later. But disappointed with Dragon Dogma, never clicked with the gameplay, maybe it's just not my type.

Have you played Arkham City? It has a nice open world and stealth element. I really like that game. Hitman absolution is also a good game, just different from the previous serious and the soundtrack was't made by Jesper Kyd.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:21 am

yur2die4 wrote:I am an unwavering Street Fighter fan.

I need to face my competition directly, 1 on 1, and I can't sit for hours 'developing' a character. I need a quick fix. So that rules out most games for me.
It used to be Soul Calibur to me, but now we're enjoying the 2 VS 2 Playstation Battle Royale mostly. I want to try the Bruce Lee's character from the new UFC, but enjoying non realistic fighting game right now. Used to play Fight Night and Wrestling a lot, I'll be back to the genre one day.
H20nly wrote:@OP keep playing with your nephew. Good stuff :D

Garden Warfare is one you could both rock... Mostly a single player game tough... Accept on Xbox One, but the multiplayer is limited unfortunately.

The Lara Croft game was a fun one to play with my son.

@stringtapper - Watch Dogs was sick... I got my son the new Assassins Creed for Xmas with his Xbox One... It's looks to be the best yet. He loves it.

Halo Reach is free on 360 with Games with Gold right now, so any of you who have a Xbox Live account and don't have that game should scoop that up with a quickness...
Sure, we're playing Puppeteer, Little Big Planet 2 and Kart, PS All Star Battle Royale, Pinball, etc. Just finished Ratchet and Clank: ALL for One recently. He's very talented in gaming, just like his uncle :D

It's great to hear that Garden Warfare is a couch friendly game. Not sure if the PS4 version has a limited multiplayer feature or not, but it's absolutely on the list.

a bit hard to find a game with local co-op for my wife. Because she's a Candy Crush type of gamer :) we've tried several games including Dragon Crown, but none were last for long. But after watching me finished Tomb Raider, finally Laracroft ring her bell. Hopefully we can finish the game together this time. It's a nice foreplay before I convince her to play Diablo 3. I wish the new Gauntlet will also available for console.

What a lucky kid, to have such a gaming father :)

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Bioshock 1 on my iPad. Still haven’t found a game on my PS4 that doesn’t either lose my interest or pisses me off with some intricate or bullet sponge boss battle. :x

The new Lord of the Rings game coming out next week looks promising and I might get Tropico 5 for the Mac this week.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:30 pm

In an ideal world if my wife liked Left For Dead I would be happier.
ImageImage